Strange ship building issue Help!

Underhook

Hi There, fellow ship building interested person  :)

I have recently completed a couple of space stations and have built a space only cargo ship to travel between them.

To save weight, fuel and expense I have not fitted any ground engines (no verticle boosters).  Its better IMO because the booster make it harder to land on a station and for take off I can just slide off the station landing pad.

Anyway I had what I thought was a brilliant idea.  My ship has 4 legs, to forward and 2 rear.  The rear of the ship is much higher off the ground than the front.  I decided to shorten the rear legs so that the engine will be angled down a little.  This in theory will allow smoother take off from the pad when the ship is fully loaded.

However, after shortening the legs by 2 voxels (tried 1 initially) the ship refuses to rest on the rear legs.  They just sit with 2 voxels of air  (space) underneath.  Its as if they were still there.  Even if I tilt the ship back with the tool or get in and use adjustors to push the rear down the ship just acts as if the legs were still there.

Anybody encountered this before, is there a solution?

Yes. I have. It seems that sometimes there is a kind of build rectangle around the construct’s voxels that stretches out from the most protuberant voxel along the axis.

I had the same problem with a “train” track we built at the end of the alpha. 

it was a 16m wide V shape track and the ship was supposed to sit in the V and move along the length. Only problem was that nothing could enter the V itself... It was as if there was an invisible layer of voxels covering the top of the V. 

for some reason a week or so later, this no longer occurred and the 8km long track worked fine!

2 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Yes. I have. It seems that sometimes there is a kind of build rectangle around the construct’s voxels that stretches out from the most protuberant voxel along the axis.

I had the same problem with a “train” track we built at the end of the alpha. 

it was a 16m wide V shape track and the ship was supposed to sit in the V and move along the length. Only problem was that nothing could enter the V itself... It was as if there was an invisible layer of voxels covering the top of the V. 

for some reason a week or so later, this no longer occurred and the 8km long track worked fine!

Thanks for the reply.  That sounded like a cool project.  Hopefully mine issue will auto correct at some point :)