My perspective

Osyraa

I just wanted to take a moment and share my awe with the current state of the game. I come from an extensive gaming background and pledged around two years ago (give or take). Ive been so excited and just recently started putting in lots of time (I've played over the years).

This game is so beautiful. I usually hang out on Jago on the ocean floor and around the water. Its so stunning and fun. I love the mining mechanics and flying mechanics. The industry seems wonderful so far. All in all this game just seems to be doing so well and Im very happy to be able to say that. 

I'm hopeful that a single person will be able to scale their combat capabilities a little so its not entirely reliant on other people (an example of this could be investing lots of money into your stations' defences, making it able to withstand larger forces). Other than that small worry around combat, this game is really great. Thank you devs ❤️

(PS, I didnt intend for this to be a discussion of what combat might become. Thats not the purpose of this post. Id prefer to discuss that individually or just wait for more information to come out)

For me, while I am not unhappy with the way the game looks, knowing it could be better is a bit of a bummer and knowing  that NQ choose to not bring in the new planet tech as I'd love to see what it is like and would have gladly started over in exchange for having the new tech but I guess some were able to convince NQ to cancel that change.

3 hours ago, Emptiness said:

Same. As long as talent points don't get wiped, I really don't care what else happens. I still advocate for wipes if necessary.

i dont really care about talent points, but I really care about my quanta, so as long as I keep that, then i dont really care....... see the problem here.

So far, I have enjoyed the game myself. I have spent my time mining and trying to get a ship I feel comfortable with, out of the safe zone. I just recently got a ship into space, no brakes! I was doing well at first, swinging the ship around to stop. But this last run it got stuck in the atmosphere (burnt up) with some ore in it. Darn physics anyways. Live and learn, then fabricate retro rockets I guess.

The markets are interesting, a vast collection of space and ground ships, some of which never move. Then there are the scammers trying to sell me gold by placing the dispensers at the entrance. Very much like a modern day bizarre or flea market. The prices seem to fluctuate wildly depending on the area, but in my short time it appears to be headed towards perpetual inflation on certain "must have" items. Maybe when I expand enough I can counter that in a few markets.

I hope to bridge that gap of people having to up mining and refining, so someone could concentrate on their flying and combat abilities alone if they wanted. Then maybe I could get them to join me, or maybe hire them for work. To me this games potential far outways it's current issues. Running low on local ore so will have to get my medium ship going soon. (Limits of resources is discussed elsewhere but am confident that bridge will be crossed, or blown up, in due time.)

If a wipe happens, I would hate to loose my quantas and my talent points. Quantas are a must have to get a functional ship without hours of mining, fabricating and I would like to get to a position where I simply buy refined ore. Talent points would take nearly what, 4-5 years IRL to max out and would hate to start that journey over again.

I see a lot of potential and plan to stick around for a while, hopefully meeting people ingame in the process. Although population does seem a bit sparce at the moment, it is a huge solar system and I assume the masses are mostly out of the safe zone stripping moon and planets. Definitely glad I found this and joined in. Plan to reevaluate in a year LOL ?

I definitely think wipes for greater technology is a logical sacrifice. In my opinion most of the issues are simply things that we need to be patient on. Its a very complicated game. Things like economics are gonna take a while to level out. Again this is just my opinion but it seems natural that things are going to take a while to distribute and reach an equilibrium in the markets. The current economic system seems pretty well set up to me. Seems like it'll scale down the line well. People can specialize in mining, refining, or producing or trading/shipping. Seems great

Overall I just really like that they're trying to let us do everything possible in the game within reason. Like the last person said, its nice that people can focus only on the aspects they want for the most part. 

Agreed. People are paying to play now. If they wiped skill points they would surely have to reimburse all those players considering they said they wouldn’t wipe again. 

I have a love hate relationship with this game. 

I love the freedom and creativity and even though the graphics aren’t the best, there are some gorgeous locations.

this so of course hampered by the need to “waste” mining resources on simple, literally Stone Age things like glass, wood and clay for bricks.  

I (on the whole) love the physics and in atmosphere flight mechanics, though air resistance is a bit too simplistic. 

And even the brown sky of Sanctuary can look beautiful at sunrise and sunset. 

I honestly don’t know if I could handle another wipe. Unless it came with magic blueprints for every core.