How does Trading system work?

Zekarsis

How does the trading system work? When you go up to a trading console and buy materials, is the pricing based on that city or regions supply and demand? Or is it based galactic supply and demand?

What I mean for example. When you go shopping at an ore refinery place would the resource be at a lower price than buying at a large city?

When you do buy things through the console is the materials instantly teleported to you or your ship?

The reason I as is I wanted to know if it's possible for things like trade routes to be developed and defender tasks where people can defend a supply ship as it travels to and from planets.

I think what I'm trying to ask is does the trading console share posts across the whole game or only in that region. If it's across the whole game then it defeats the purpose of havinn traders buy at low prices in one place and sell high in others. If the trade consoles are regionally based then player would not be able to see posts from another planet thus forcing players to move the merchandise to a profitable location. This is how the real world works and that is what I'm trying to find out.

45 minutes ago, Zekarsis said:

I think what I'm trying to ask is does the trading console share posts across the whole game or only in that region. If it's across the whole game then it defeats the purpose of havinn traders buy at low prices in one place and sell high in others. If the trade consoles are regionally based then player would not be able to see posts from another planet thus forcing players to move the merchandise to a profitable location. This is how the real world works and that is what I'm trying to find out.

It is purely market location specific, all markets are separate and people shop at and will buy from different market regardless of price differences.  A LOT of player dont realise this, you can make money without mining literally buying cheap stuff and moving it to places noone else is selling it.  Making huge markups........ most underused tactic in the game, mainly because those that do it dont talk about it, they just chuckle at all the saps mining and selling stuff cheap.

When it works, it works ;)