NQ, it is almost December. Where are our free months of game time?

Emptiness

Roughly two months ago, NQ said that anyone who had started their sub up to Sept 26th would get a free month of game time as compensation for the server issues and other problems. Checking my account, my sub still ends on Dec 12th (and started Sept 12th, so would definitely qualify). It seems quite a few other people have not received this free month, either.

image.png.9a944150527ebc80c78210e25caea120.png

NQ, what is the status of this promise? Do you intend to follow through? I have seen staff posts that one should 'file a support request regarding this' but that should NOT be necessary nor should you expect us to do so.

same here.  

i am not that worried about the free month as i am about my beta key not being visible anymore.  

i hoping it will pop back up once the subscription ends. if not reapply the key.   otherwise i am going to need to start a ticket for that aswel.

image.png.357b6f90899ecfeae169722964e0722f.png

I do understand that a promise made should be a promise kept however, I wouldn't be too upset since this game is extremely cheap relative to MMOs over the past 20 years. DU should be $14 a month and not a measly $7 and the game should be atleast $25 up front instead of free. Keep in mind that a free month lost is the cost of one pizza. :) Just think, that month that might not come back to the player base is more capital for NQ to invest in servers and other improvements. 

10 minutes ago, Avonthorn said:

I wouldn't be too upset since this game is extremely cheap relative to MMOs over the past 20 years.

Do remember that we're playing an Alpha masquerading as a Beta, not a game in truly Beta state or released. Paying for alpha access is rare, especially monthly.

18 minutes ago, Emptiness said:

Do remember that we're playing an Alpha masquerading as a Beta, not a game in truly Beta state or released. Paying for alpha access is rare, especially monthly.

These terms of Alpha and Beta are often conflated. What is one man's trash is another man's gold. I've played games that have been in Beta that are fully polished and should have been released years ago and also this works the other way around. Whatever state you think the game is in, we all agree its not done but why should NQ do it for free? 

15 hours ago, Avonthorn said:

I do understand that a promise made should be a promise kept however, I wouldn't be too upset since this game is extremely cheap relative to MMOs over the past 20 years. DU should be $14 a month and not a measly $7 and the game should be atleast $25 up front instead of free. Keep in mind that a free month lost is the cost of one pizza. :) Just think, that month that might not come back to the player base is more capital for NQ to invest in servers and other improvements. 

Great. If you're so keen to help NQ, you should have no issue paying for the OP's month of sub.

Otherwise, I don't think it is worth the $7/month. The value of $7 varies a lot based on each person's life situation and geography.

It isn't our job to keep NQ's lights on or to invest in their game so they can make it better. That's why they did a kickstarter and obtained millions of dollars of investor money.

We're paying for a product, not running a charity. 

I also don't see any time credited to my account. The fact that the player base has to complain just to get what NQ promised because of their major mistakes is just business as usual -- NQ has earned a rep for bad communication and not caring much about their own community...forgetting to credit people like they said they would only reinforces this reputation. 

I hope this time they at least offer an apology...somehow I doubt they will.