This is Dual Universe

XKentX

People get emotional and do/word things in a bad way when they feel cheated (justified or not).

Slapping a passage from EULA in someone's face when they (admittedly) in a heated state come in to get clarification.

Especially someone in a leadership position should know better and be more diplomatic in such a case, hear the person out and provide a sensible response.

Giving the "we may have gotten lucky and got desynced which we all know still happens in these situations sometimes" would have probably ended it there. 

36 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Does anyone here have experience with a what another player entering warp as you are watching them looks like in game?

Yes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTIrWYGoA44&feature=youtu.be

as you can see, there are usually 2+ ticks it registers enemy ship while it's in warp state

And if you think warp could happen, AC HYP GRIZZLY was spotted later on same route in safe zone flying toward Alioth  (30-40 mins later, around 20 su from point of disappearing)

29 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Frankly NQ should ban anyone posting such accusations on the forums

We are not accusing anyone in anything, we are trying to figure out what happened, and sharing our unpleasant experience with community, and maybe increasing NQ's attention to this kind of problem.
Again, this was more than an hour long PvP encounter. This outcome is not acceptable, so this should be brought to public, as issues like this makes the game almost unplayable for us.
It's our core gameplay, and while we spend so much time and resources this kind of bugs is a critical issue imho.

There were like 10 guys flying that flotilla. Their leadership knows what happened and how. Where is the explanation from their side ? Some of them already posted replies here but still don't explain what exactly happened on their side.

I under no circumstances claimed anyone did use an exploit or accused anyone. I explained what I have seen and what happened and it does look fishy.

I all fairness, posting this to their Discord is more a veiled threat than a request for clarification:

"We will make a video, explain ALL te operation from start to end and post it on Reddit/youtube/forum. Talking about making History? That is whet AC HYP does when they lose. Let's the community decide"

As said, I'd absolutely agree their response was not great at best but coming in guns blazing like this when there can be good reasons for what happened seems to me to be rather counter productive. I am not saying you do not have a point, but you're not exactly helping your case here either.

12 hours ago, elizaroff said:

"When I asked in Hyperion discord for comment, they threatened me that disclosure of this violated EULA and I will get a ban."

It's strange for me to see that. I paid for 6 months subscription. Maybe I was in a hurry...

11 hours ago, elizaroff said:

Aleksandr. Maybe It's better to discuss this in Reddit. I'm afraid to get banned here.

Wow, you are very easily lead arent you lol.  Do you always take random stuff people say on the internet to be 100% fact?  Want to watch that, will get you in trouble.

1 hour ago, iOFFLINE said:

Ladies and Gentlemen !

I understand all sides, but I want a little more justice in this not fair world.

But let's stop and wait for the Administration's decision?

A new day has begun and everyone has cooled down, I hope.

Nice idea. A software bug needs fixing. Some skill points can be given to people (XKentX) who find serious problems.

Thanks but I don't need any kind of reimbursement.

it would be nice to get an explanation from the other side explaining how this crap happened. It's obvious they know about things going wrong.

Where is the "I am the pilot of S/XS/M core ship" of that flotilla guys. Don't you want to come forward and help NQ fixing this and looking at your logs so they can see the bug and what happened ?

May be provide an info like, when you did that I had that and maybe it's because of that ?

The gunner-killer crashing bug is being reported since start of beta and is yet to be fixed but all PVP folks know about this bug they learned to compensate. Explaining what happened here can level the playing field too. Maybe we can understand what went wrong together but it doesn't seem anyone from AC/HYP wanna talk.

1 hour ago, XKentX said:

Explaining what happened here can level the playing field too. Maybe we can understand what went wrong together but it doesn't seem anyone from AC/HYP wanna talk.

Please dont use my words as yours. I asked you to work with us together to get all logs of the fight. You answered with a threat. I haven't received the ID of the bug report from you yet.
image.thumb.png.43b921c40700d6cf826599ff1c72bbd2.png

And we will not share anything regarding this bug on a public forum, only to NQ directly. It's a bug that we can't explain from our side either, except by saying "Desync". NQ must clarify further.

14 minutes ago, Underhand Aerial said:

And we will not share anything regarding this bug on a public forum, only to NQ directly. It's a bug that we can't explain from our side either, except by saying "Desync". NQ must clarify further.

W1zard has created the ticket and attached all we have. W1zard can you please put here the ticket id or whatever it is he needs ?

Still don't get why you can't just say what was your experience. I mean, the gunner-killer bug. NQ knows it happens and it benefits everyone that we all know that this is what happens so we can compensate. It's not like we damage the "image of DU" by discussing a bug in a beta game. There are a lot of bugs, this is expected as the game is in beta. Making a list of it so everyone knows about it makes a level playing field instead of only Big Orgs knowing the bugs and being able to cope while rest are left in the dark.

Edit:

It's not like a dupe-bug or something that can ruin the game and it is better to not share as people will dupe and economy will fail. It's some kind of glitch of ship just disapearing and don't know what, appearing elsewhere ? Did it stay there ? Did it see us just standing and staring at him ? The ship in the video was about 100km from it when it disappeared. 

22 minutes ago, Underhand Aerial said:

Please stop with the rules lawyering, and just engage in this discussion like a regular human being.

7 hours ago, XKentX said:

Making a list of it so everyone knows about it makes a level playing field instead of only Big Orgs knowing the bugs and being able to cope while rest are left in the dark.

Yeah, good luck with that. Hype's members find a lot of bugs, some of them I hear are pretty egregious from the man himself but you won't be able to pry any knowledge from them about it.

Besides, if it is something that's harmful to game play like an exploit, then let the exploiters exploit while they can. You can tell them that they shouldn't do it and report it to NQ, but as NQ has already said, don't take to doing it yourself or you're just as much of a rule breaker as they are and subject to similar sanctions. Don't press 'B'.

While I'd like to hear of and understand these bugs myself as a fellow tester, humans being human will take any advantage they can get, including unintended game play. This is just one of the reasons why I advocate for a wipe on release and why I think a paid beta is such a bad idea.

You submit your side, let them submit theirs, do your job as testers, and all the players that will come after us will be better for it.

13 hours ago, DarkHorizon said:

Yeah, good luck with that. Hype's members find a lot of bugs, some of them I hear are pretty egregious from the man himself but you won't be able to pry any knowledge from them about it.

Besides, if it is something that's harmful to game play like an exploit, then let the exploiters exploit while they can. You can tell them that they shouldn't do it and report it to NQ, but as NQ has already said, don't take to doing it yourself or you're just as much of a rule breaker as they are and subject to similar sanctions. Don't press 'B'.

While I'd like to hear of and understand these bugs myself as a fellow tester, humans being human will take any advantage they can get, including unintended game play. This is just one of the reasons why I advocate for a wipe on release and why I think a paid beta is such a bad idea.

You submit your side, let them submit theirs, do your job as testers, and all the players that will come after us will be better for it.

I see no problem for people to know about the bug. It is more dangerous for the game to use the error. And it is very important to know who is using the bugs and which organizations are incompetent in the game.

On 11/21/2020 at 6:51 PM, Mordgier said:

I don't get what this drama is all about - this response is pretty clear.

If you want to accuse someone of cheating, submit video logs to NQ.

Frankly NQ should ban anyone posting such accusations on the forums. Reddit generally already does as it's witchhunting.

You’re better off getting the bugs out as quickly as possible.

the beginning of the game would have far fewer "nebulous accusations” of market exploits if the devs just straight out said they overpriced initial bot orders.   Much the same for saying what the duplication bugs were, rather than letting it be an unknown where “everyone major” knows what it is.  

Hey all,

I've locked this thread pending our review of both tickets submitted because, upon further reflection, I'm not a fan of the Discord conversation screenshots being shared here. It almost feels doxxing-adjacent to me; even if the conversation screenshots being shared are fairly benign, it's not something we want to encourage for privacy reasons. (We don't know if all those involved consented to having their Discord usernames shared here on the forums, for example.) This conversation also feels a tad "name-y and shame-y'', which is not accepted in this space either.

(I do understand that PvP will spark occasional org tensions, and that those tensions can make for excellent lore/entertainment for those watching. When emotions run high and org reputations are hanging in the balance, it's totally fine to come to the forums to talk about it. However, whenever there's a question of exploits, bugs, or complaints about any NQ staff, we'd really prefer that any "receipts" players want to share with us be done directly, either in the form of a ticket or via DM, so that we can handle it appropriately.)

It does look like a desync issue. Once I get final confirmation on that, I'll let you know. :)