Aphelia's Missions and Warp travel changes

Umibozu

Hello all,

Reading threads i have noticed that players complain about not enough things to do , pvpers that they dont have enough pvp etc, etc.

So here is my idea:

Great man JC has stated himself that Player/Org missions are coming soon, He said that this content will shine when critical population is achieved;

But population is shrinking so those quests will not provide enough content as number of quests needs to be equal or higher than number of population.

So here is an idea that might please all type of players (except Devs as is time consuming , sowwy):

Aphelia's   missions :

Mission terminals at each market :

1. Safe zone missions - easy missions for newbie to get accustomed with the game and get them hooked up.

2. Outer planet missions - variety of mission with scaled rarity ( rares and harder mission > better rewards)

3. Lore

4. Easter egg hunts

Rewards:

1. Talent points limited to certain amount to prevent spamming

2. Non craftable items used in ship building

3. Collectibles ( plants, furniture as an example)

4. Seasonal items ( for example: Christmas sleight designed by Great man JC - giving lucky owner right to brag :D)

5.+ Many more to give Pve community incentive to venture out of safe zone and take some risks.

Warp Travel changes:

Currently warping is completely safe bypassing all pvp areas. warp exits are small spheres just inside of 2.5 SU safe zone.

That could be changed:

1. Instead of small sphere , why not make it the way that warp exit can be random at a distance of 3 to 3.5 SU  ANYWHERE around planet no matter from which direction player is warping.

2. Same with warp initiation, move it to 3 SU so one needs to enter pvp zone.

I pretty aware that warp changes im proposing , will be made obsolete when safe zones going to be removed; But that  is at least 1 year away, so what till then?

These changes and idea have several implications as they completely change several aspects that should please every part of community:

1. Shipwrights would need to go back to their drawing boards as changes to Cargo ships will be required.

2. Pve boys and girls would need to put themselves into harms way in order to get those fancy Plant pots and items used for decoration.

3. Pvpers would start to sharpen their teeth as it would give them new playgrounds and more possible targets.

I am aware that what im proposing is outside Universe vision of player generated content ,but player base needs  a helping hand  to grow ,and this is something that would make quitters come back.

Best Regards

Umibozu

If the cost gets too high  ppl stop visiting outer planets, i certainly don't want to spend 5 hours slowboating thru space. Only hardcore players spend that much a day playing, as for the rest having been forced to spend entire daily session just to travel between planets... well. way to loose even more subscribers

Forcing PVP when PVP is broken would just result in a mass exodus of most of the players. My cargo ships are already set up for combat but they wouldn't survive against the current meta - and the current meta can't haul cargo. I do assume that when combat is better balanced, I will have to enter combat zones on some trips (and if you fly cargo for an enemy PVP org, I will be griefing you... and yes, it's griefing even when I do it.)

3 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

Forcing PVP when PVP is broken would just result in a mass exodus of most of the players. My cargo ships are already set up for combat but they wouldn't survive against the current meta - and the current meta can't haul cargo. I do assume that when combat is better balanced, I will have to enter combat zones on some trips (and if you fly cargo for an enemy PVP org, I will be griefing you... and yes, it's griefing even when I do it.)

No one is forcing PVP by making T5 planets having PVP enterance. Don't want PVP, dig t3, sell, buy t5.

Taking warp exits (and may be entrances, not sure here) out of safe space is the right way. Want to insta-travel from safe garden to mineral rich planet ?  Bring guns.

6 minutes ago, XKentX said:

No one is forcing PVP by making T5 planets having PVP enterance. Don't want PVP, dig t3, sell, buy t5.

Taking warp exits (and may be entrances, not sure here) out of safe space is the right way. Want to insta-travel from safe garden to mineral rich planet ?  Bring guns.

Dropping undefendable (because combat is broken) ships into combat space is forcing combat on ships that can't defend themselves. Why do you want to attack ships that can't defend themselves?

Your argument will be valid when combat works well enough that the guns I do bring give me a chance of escape, but that's not the case now.

6 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

Dropping undefendable (because combat is broken) ships into combat space is forcing combat on ships that can't defend themselves. Why do you want to attack ships that can't defend themselves?

Your argument will be valid when combat works well enough that the guns I do bring give me a chance of escape, but that's not the case now.

Then bring ships that can defend themselves ? Why do you think your starter speeder with a warp drive attached to it should have access to t5?

If combat is broken then it works both ways, it's not like it's broken for you and works fine for the pirates trying to get you.

No bug fixing will help people that have no clue about PVP to suddenly become ninjas, only experience will. You either satisfy yourself with the low hanging fruit or go for it, risk, learn, PLAY and get to be the king of the hill.

1 minute ago, XKentX said:

Then bring ships that can defend themselves ? Why do you think your starter speeder with a warp drive attached to it should have access to t5?

If combat is broken then it works both ways, it's not like it's broken for you and works fine for the pirates trying to get you.

Actually it is broken for me and works fine for pirates. They can sit out of range in their XS borg cubes with L guns and destroy my ship before I can get in range to lock. (Remember, you're proposing dropping me into this situation from warp, so I'm starting disoriented and stationary.) I have L guns too, but they're useless if I can't get in range. (I assume the meta ships can accel backwards fast enough to prevent me closing the gap - they would be able to if I built them).

10 minutes ago, Daphne Jones said:

Actually it is broken for me and works fine for pirates. They can sit out of range in their XS borg cubes with L guns and destroy my ship before I can get in range to lock. (Remember, you're proposing dropping me into this situation from warp, so I'm starting disoriented and stationary.) I have L guns too, but they're useless if I can't get in range. (I assume the meta ships can accel backwards fast enough to prevent me closing the gap - they would be able to if I built them).

You need at least 2 players for combat anyway.

Why not warp a small, fast XS core (5 warp cells) friend to check it out before you warp your glass freighter ?

Clear on the other side ? Go.

Camped ? Accelerate away, they will not catch you as you are lighter and faster.

If you think that pirates on XS cores will stay post the core change, no. We will now fly Ls with 80 Railguns

26 minutes ago, Umibozu said:

Changes too pvp have been announced already so not long till they get implemented, and t5 ore is an incentive, but we need more incentives to leave safe zone.

I say let's start with at least one incentive that is relatively easy to implement(remove safezone from outer planets up until atmosphere) and see how it goes before we lose more people that can pay for development.