Anybody getting Cyberpunk 2077?

aliensalmon

I wanted to ask people on the Dual Universe board about Cyberpunk 2077 partly because DU helped "prepare" me to play Cyberpunk 2077. The reason why I say this is because I wasn't accustomed to playing first-person games before DU but I loved playing Dual Universe. I was always looking forward to playing Cyberpunk but now that I know I can enjoy a first person game, I'm more excited than ever.

• 2 months later...

Got it. Played it through. 
not that revolutionary (in the way that Detroit: Become Human’s Kara story was) and it still feels a bit early access, tbh.
the most painful thing are the clear hack job content cuts.

For example, an Entire segment that was clearly meant to be played through was reduced to a 5 minute video.
Also, the NPCs, gangs and police etc have zero AI. 

But...

the story was really special: so, so good. 
The plot, the music and atmosphere are all first rate. And the endings. Emotional af!!

and Keanu is still Keanu (for better or for worse)!

Glad I played it. (PC version)

5 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

the most painful thing are the clear hack job content cuts.

Yep, all over the place.

I ended up with very conflicted feelings, because in sandbox RPGs I like mostly sand part (all additional content opportunities, immersion activities) with story more of bonus... And CB kinda kicks you in balls in this department.

Overall, most "bad" part for me was inherent conflict between plot and sandbox part of game. Plot constantly urges you "faster", "you have no time" (like really!), "its all meaningless", V himself/herself crying about it... AND! You have all this mockery of chores -- people offering your buy new cars, bother you with minor problems, etc -- all this stuff feels completly irrelevent, like rows and rows of footware shops to guy with legs cut by train. 

In Skyrim, Witcher 3 or Kingdom Come (to remember some open world RPGs), final is pretty open, so you can guess your character have some future and can use money/things/positions you aquire for them, so you hard job not in vain (kinda). I like this. But CP is complete opposite, like (almost) all you actions feels in vain. May be one "best" final not as bad as others, but still dodgy.

I plan on getting it after I upgrade my graphics card whenever the newer RTXs are actually available to buy. I wanted to wait a bit anyways so they can fix bugs.

I've been playing Genshin Impact lately, which is kind of addicting.