So what info has leaked now ?

XKentX

Fact 1) We all know there is a content patch soon that will bring new features and re-balancing.

Fact 2) It was proven that a specific alliance was given a preferential treatment during the last event (they have been given a hint when they hit the wall to solve the puzzle)

Fact 3) All "Space core unit L" have been purchased at once from the market and are still being purchased even with high profit margin for the manufacturer. 

What is it there in the next patch that you need so much space cores so mysterious someone that has this information already(before all the regular players) buys all space cores?

Any org that would have a big project for a space station would manufacture the cores instead of giving 200% margin to the manufacturer so that's not the case.

If when the patch arrives, it suddenly turns out that "Space core unit L" is of high value - this means someone had this information before and was again given a preferential treatment and advantage by NQ insider.

I would say publicity of this could mean coupe de grace for DU.

It would not surprise me if warp beacons get cheaper to make but still require a Space core L to be placed on

This is a good catch and if there is anything in the patch which would mean L space cores get a lot more use and may well get more expensive (or even harder to make) it can only mean someone has received a heads up or is using inside knowledge to take advantage of this

25 minutes ago, XKentX said:

All "Space core unit L" have been purchased at once from the market and are still being purchased

No chance of someone (not in a big org, but wealthy) suddenly deciding to do a mega space project? I agree that this looks very suspicious at first glance.

Just now, Emptiness said:

No chance of someone (not in a big org, but wealthy) suddenly deciding to do a mega space project? I agree that this looks very suspicious at first glance.

I would say that wealthy person is wealthy because he is not throwing his money out for no reason. I see no meaningful economic project ATM that would justify losing 200% margin for manufacturing those cores or mass ordering them from a big org that will do it for you.

14 minutes ago, Markel said:

I have remember good old days in Eve.. devs & bob friendship..

yep, same old same old. Been in RedSwarmFederation fighting bob/kezonku/bobr back then, implication of the T20 scandals had long lasting consequences for the game. 

42 minutes ago, XKentX said:

What is it there in the next patch that you need so much space cores so mysterious someone that has this information already(before all the regular players) buys all space cores?

It may be connected to incoming asteroid mining. People (who may have some inside info) now hoarding cores fo staging stations (also there is wave of warp beacons incoming) or some yet unknown industrial use -- like something with energy?

Still, it can be just coincedence of demand spike (as @Emptiness said). Yet, less likely.

Anyway, to be super honest, for several times, rolling around as wannabe journalist, I had this feeling of "latent leaks" in air about incoming changes already. Nothing absolutly solid to point fingers, but some people being suspiciously... propheticaly calm and kinda too prepared for new things, to jump on them from minute one. It also can be my paranoia, of course.

4 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

It may be connected to incoming asteroid mining. People (who may have some inside info) now hoarding cores fo staging stations (also there is wave of warp beacons incoming) or some yet unknown industrial use -- like something with energy?

Still, it can be just coincedence of demand spike (as @Emptiness said). Yet, less likely.

Anyway, to be super honest, for several times, rolling around as wannabe journalist, I had this feeling of "latent leaks" in air about incoming changes already. Nothing absolutly solid to point fingers, but some people being suspiciously... propheticaly calm and kinda too prepared for new things, to jump on them from minute one. It also can be my paranoia, of course.

The two options I could think about is:

1) As you said, asteroid mining + some kind of reinforce mechanic so you spam deep space outposts and it just takes more effort to kill them than to build. You use those as FOBs to get high end ores.

2) Some kind of solar panels that are efficient at generating energy used for industry.

Those are indeed speculations as we don't know what's coming.

All I did is noticed those weird and suspicious facts, did 1+1 and shared my thoughts as I believe it can be of an interests to the community.

That is a lot of tinfoil hat right there. It is more likely that demand for space cores spiked because of the safezone confirmation (before that it wasn't even clear whether Alioth is staying safe) and the insane megaprojects some people plan on doing with over 100 cores for a single spacestation (I know of at least 5 of those from the top of my head, there are likely a lot more).

So people bought those up, as well as some "investors" who try to make bank with it and profit off the situation. Everything else is supply and demand.

But this is just another theory, just with a bit less "out there" 1+1..

19 hours ago, XKentX said:

Fact 2) It was proven that a specific alliance was given a preferential treatment during the last event (they have been given a hint when they hit the wall to solve the puzzle)

Mama mama, it's not fair, I want to play with Timmy's toy!!

On 11/17/2020 at 11:17 AM, HellToupe said:

AS soon as safe zone was confirmed staying we packed up and moved from outer planet to safe zone station required bunch of L cores, would expect many to do the same as there is now no reason to base industry out there. 

That's a very valid explanation. Safe zone confirmation can definitely be the reason for space cores being in high demand.

Didn't JC once say on a stream that something was allowed and then the CMs said no, it wasn't, and JC was misinformed?

IIRC it was the multiboxing thing, though.

Just saying, do we know for sure that the safe zone is saying or is JC blowing hot air?