Elements skin

Guest BaileyVandenbroek

Guest BaileyVandenbroek

I suggest different looks and colors for element like adjustor because they really make ships ugly and the color doesn't fit with every ship alot of elements should have different looks maybe make more style and maybe like different engine type make some little adjustor that are more powerful but lets say they are harder to craft..

23 hours ago, NQ-Naunet said:

I'm big on customization personally, so I'm right there with ya! Thanks for the suggestion. :) 

Personally I just wish you could pick the primary, secondary, or tertiary color of any item like the item (like you can pick with your own character to set the color of whatever it is you want. Or likewise being able to use the actual material textures and using the weight to take into account hp/performance/etc also within an item.

Or likewise why not harness the crowdsourcing of super talented people within the community who vastly outnumber the dev staff and likely have the same talent base, skills, and drive to help make the game better?

Like for instance if NQ today say hey crew here is a homework assignment and here is the model files for a container and we want you all to make us some skins provided you know what you are doing and we will add the top whatever skins and add them to the game. People who know how to do it would be hella excited to chip in.

Or hell do the same thing with organizations. Only with Orgs you could have them submit their skin for $5-25 and then charge everyone who wants that skin in their org $1 or some kind of in game price that gives the creator credits (not $) every time someone buys it. A large org could easily pony up some $ to customize their fleet.

Either way only presenting undesirable color schemes and then forcing people to double up with voxels to spackle over the problem is more grief by adding tons of weight for no real reason. Especially with out some weight reduct talents for voxels to make up for the lack of options or customization which even thr voxels suffer from lack of color choice in lieu of strange patterns and undesirable schemes you just use because there just is nothing else to break up the colors in your basee/ship/etc

Last but not least I would like to see some kind of voxel forge/workbench/lab etc in which you can take say iron for its properties and choose (like your character) the color, pattern/texture/gloss/flat/or some kind of textural overlay along with the ability for priority blending etc.

Otherwise we are being griefed by the devs and adding litteral tons for customization to make them look half way normal and adding litteral tons in the process. When the skin function was added there should have been some skins made by either the devs or the players or just straight up pick the colors without the skins.