Let's talk DU quits

le_souriceau

2 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

... you are probably playing the wrong game.

This argument, being thown to people faces all the time, not actualy that good.

While I absolutly agree, that full scale PvP is critical for igniting for much needed "dynamics" (and strong, natural reason to cooperate), and waiting it myself, NQ obviously not in position and probably not be for long time, to methodicly alienate "civilians". They will be given some more proberbial pie chunks too for sustain. So, this is game TOTALY for them. Very likely, we will see back and forth movement in features, balance and living space between Full-SZ and Full-PvP poles, with NQ trying to keep max quantity of very different (but not per se excuding each other) subbers relativly happy.

Is this 2 chair sitting good idea ot bad idea in grand scale of things? Another question.

3 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

PvP is the main driving force behind the game. 

That is what you'd like to see happen sure. But it is not the case and will not be the case. Combat is an important part of the game but is not the center around which the game revolves nor the primary pillar. Without building and industry, there is no PVP. Without PVP, building and Industry remain a factor in the game. SO based on that I'd say that if there were to be a prioritized list of pillars, PVP would not be at the top, in fact it would be at the bottom as it depends on everything else to be in place.

IF the game evolves like NQ envisions, combat will be a factor in the larger picture when communities/civilizations can't resolve their conflicts in another way. That does not exclude the possibility to live a life of piracy certainly and that is absolutely OK.

You can try and argue your opinion all you want, facts and statements by NQ are telling a different story to what yo hope will happen.

4 hours ago, blazemonger said:

That is what you'd like to see happen sure. But it is not the case and will not be the case. Combat is an important part of the game but is not the center around which the game revolves nor the primary pillar. Without building and industry, there is no PVP. Without PVP, building and Industry remain a factor in the game. SO based on that I'd say that if there were to be a prioritized list of pillars, PVP would not be at the top, in fact it would be at the bottom as it depends on everything else to be in place.

IF the game evolves like NQ envisions, combat will be a factor in the larger picture when communities/civilizations can't resolve their conflicts in another way. That does not exclude the possibility to live a life of piracy certainly and that is absolutely OK.

You can try and argue your opinion all you want, facts and statements by NQ are telling a different story to what yo hope will happen.

Building this, building that. I already have 10 assemblies running warp beacons. Should I now start cloning them ? Can't connect more than 10 to the same input cont.

It would be nice to see player counts and why NQ is so worried. If there won't be any PVP boost before the initial 3-month sub runs out. Kiss your money goodbye from about 50%-60% of NQ subs. The remaining 30% will leave after finishing 421st voxel museum and rebuilding battleship uselesslandia for the 214th time.

The last 10% will keep on voxelmancing, so much for first M of the MMO.

1 minute ago, XKentX said:

If there won't be any PVP boost before the initial 3-month sub runs out. Kiss your money goodbye from about 50%-60% of NQ subs.

Care to share the source of that percentage as I'd be surprised if it's correct. Also, we know what will be coming this year already and also that after this nothing much wil change until after February next year at the earliest, so there is no surprises there.

With regards to PVP/Combat, I honestly think too many have incorrect expectations of what will come now or later and how what will be coming is implemented. And to a large degree that is due to NQ not being open and honest about it (frankly, about anything substantial) as they fear those looking for what they will not bring in will leave now, while (I suspect) they need every sub to simply keep the lights on basically.

13 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

Care to share the source of that percentage as I'd be surprised if it's correct. Also, we know what will be coming this year already and also that after this nothing much wil change until after February next year at the earliest, so there is no surprises there.

With regards to PVP/Combat, I honestly think too many have incorrect expectations of what will come now or later and how what will be coming is implemented. And to a large degree that is due to NQ not being open and honest about it (frankly, about anything substantial) as they fear those looking for what they will not bring in will leave now, while (I suspect) they need every sub to simply keep the lights on basically.

I judge by 3 Russian speaking community discords (encompassing almost all Russian speaking population of the game). 90% of the people left and are now playing other games. About 50% left due to PVP boredom. Some are regular game-hopers.

Last playday for my Org leader was - 10 hours staring at the ION/Alioth route seeing people warping back and froth and waiting for someone to actually fly to intercept him. He didn't login for 3 weeks since that day and will not renew I guess.

10 minutes ago, XKentX said:

I judge by 3 Russian speaking community discords (encompassing almost all Russian speaking population of the game). 90% of the people left and are now playing other games. About 50% left due to PVP boredom.

Many will indeed leave because they were either misinformed or had incorrect expectations. There is no denying that and frankly is to be expected. Your assumption is just speculative though and has no merit as far as being a valid reference for who leave and why.

What should not happen is that NQ changes their vision and/or bends their game into what it is not designed to be in order to accommodate these people as IMO if they leave now, they will eave (again) as soon as the next thing shows up they do not like or expected.

So far just making the game more accessible has already diminished the game to the point it's so easy to get  into and around that the player base has pretty much caught up with (and exceeded)  where NQ wanted/expected players to go/get to in much more time than "we" have taken.

Combat in the game needs to get better, there is no denying that. I think the changes in the upcoming update will to some extend address that but it's going to be a first step.

Combat also needs to get a more defined purpose according to what NQ envisions it to be, that is also absolutely true. For that, the main focus of combat in the game, territory warfare, needs to com in and that, I expect, wil not happen anytime soon, I'd say at best we may see a first iteration around April or so and even that is very optimistic.

TW combat will, as NQ has clearly stated, favor defense over offense. How that will work no one knowns yet (including NQ) but I think it's fair to assume it will be in the form of timers similar to how this is handled in EVE.

Anyone expecting large scale random conflict and combat opportunities without any actual purpose but the pewpew I expect will find that DU is not going to cater to that. There will always be room for pirating as a playstyle sure, but it wil not be a main focus for how combat is implemented or evolves. Obviously I am guessing and speculation here as much as the next guy but I am pretty confident I am not far from what we will see happen over the next 8-10 months. No doubt many will disagree but only time wil tell.

The factor of risk vs reward is not new. It's the logical thing to have in a game.

Currently, attach a warp drive to your speeder and you are as good as anyone else mining t5 in complete safety.

Having 2SU safezones around planets to prevent 1 pirate "seeing" people around that planet ? There will be less pirates than planets soon so no worry.

Put 10 players/ships around the planet and I will show you how I evade you.

Next patch ? It makes things worse, theorycrafters that never tried PVP in this game may think it fixes something, it does not. (You can see my explanation in that thread)

10 hours ago, Daphne Jones said:

So I got an answer to one of my old support issues.

The issue was : I lost a ship irretrievably before I had a chance to BP it; is it possible to retroactively get a BP for it?

I won't quote the response here, but it was essentially: sorry you had a problem; we fixed it (totally false); try relogging and clearing the cache; closing the  the ticket.

It gave no sign at all that the support person had even read the issue. My guess is that this response was actually sent by a bot - a bot that sent an identical response to all outstanding tickets just to clear the queue.

More evidence that NQ is totally MIA ?‍♀️

P.S. I recognize that my request was a long short... the game may or may not store the data to recreate an un-BPed ship and even if it does, it may not be easy to retrieve.... "No" would be a perfectly acceptable response. "I can't be bothered to read your request so F off" is not an acceptable response.

I'm really disappointed to hear that the response(s) you received did not feel satisfactory. :( I will share your post with the customer support team.

(I can assure you there are no support bots - we have a team of real (awesome) people who are doing their best to work through the queue.)

6 minutes ago, NQ-Naunet said:

I'm really disappointed to hear that the response(s) you received did not feel satisfactory. :( I will share your post with the customer support team.

(I can assure you there are no support bots - we have a team of real (awesome) people who are doing their best to work through the queue.)

You can as well add another:

The Org I know scanned one of the moons, all hexes. Like 10 guys scanning for hours. They did not find the ore that is listed in the moon description.

They submitted a ticket that the moon doesn't actually contain mineral listed in it's description and explained that they scanned all the hexes by the members of their Org.

Response, after about a month was to check the internet connection....

Should I explain why no one of that org plays now ?

1 minute ago, XKentX said:

The Org I know scanned one of the moons, all hexes. Like 10 guys scanning for hours. They did not find the ore that is listed in the moon description.

They submitted a ticket that the moon doesn't actually contain mineral listed in it's description and explained that they scanned all the hexes by the members of their Org.

Hi Kent. :) 

I would prefer that this request come directly from the player who submitted the ticket. That way, I can ask them for their in-game name/other relevant details in order to pull up the ticket in our system.

We can't investigate claims from people on behalf of other players for privacy reasons.

38 minutes ago, NQ-Naunet said:

I would prefer that this request come directly from the player who submitted the ticket. That way, I can ask them for their in-game name/other relevant details in order to pull up the ticket in our system.

We can't investigate claims from people on behalf of other players for privacy reasons.

I messaged him on discord but he said he doesn't want to deal with it anymore. He is not playing anymore anyway.

I posted it just as another example of support ticket going wrong way.

21 minutes ago, Bobbie said:

I'm sad, though. I don't want DU to fail.

If DU actually lived up to the hype, it would be my dream game, the sort of game that I'd spend the rest of my life playing (or so).

The reality has not lived up to the expectations. Too many systems dumbed down and simplified; and mining is utter tedium. I basically just wanted a Space Engineers MMO with Factorio / Eve / and stuff elements.

And if you ask me why I'm sticking around the forums despite rage-quitting over a month ago and not really playing since? It's because I'm desperately hoping for a compelling reason to dive back in.

My sub ends in a few days (end of Nov). I won't be renewing, but instead waiting until mid 2021 to see how things are then. I wanted to build large ships, but have been told that isn't really possible in DU. However, someone said they may be introducing a larger core for ships in the future. So I'll be reporting back (maybe), mid 2021. :)

I'm going to keep an eye on the forum  though, get good info that way.

8 minutes ago, Triopalite said:

My sub ends in a few days (end of Nov).

I thought they said that any subs started within the first month or so of beta would get an extra free month as compensation for the problems? Mine expires on 12-12 and I haven't seen any extensions to that...

8 weeks ago (in an email sent out 1st October)  NQ said that this extra month (provided your sub started between at the latest 26 September) woud be added "in the next few weeks". I would agree we're well past a few weeks here and NQ needs to speak up on this.

23 minutes ago, Emptiness said:

I thought they said that any subs started within the first month or so of beta would get an extra free month as compensation for the problems? Mine expires on 12-12 and I haven't seen any extensions to that...

Yeah, I heard about the free month, maybe I'll have it and stay connected after the end of Nov, who knows.

But it really won't bother me either way, I prefer to check back next year and hope to build large ships. :)

On 11/14/2020 at 9:42 AM, blazemonger said:

NQ does not engage in discussion with the community at all ,they do not talk with/include us in any way. The just talk at us and do what they intended to do anyway if it's not already done.

i think this also heavely depends on what the things you are suggesting is.   or how big the group of like minded people is.  

if your requests are too far out of line with their vision then none of them will be accepted and it might end up looking like they are ignoring the whole community.  while infact they are only ignoring your points.  

but i do think that if that's the case that they should communicate better.  

11 minutes ago, Triopalite said:

Yeah, I heard about the free month, maybe I'll have it and stay connected after the end of Nov, who knows.

But it really won't bother me either way, I prefer to check back next year and hope to build large ships. :)

they said everyone with a subscription at the time (i did)  would get a free month.   i have not yet had an e-mail yet.   but one of my friends did.   and has infact recieved confirmation about a free month via e-mail.  (maybe even included a gametime code)   

but for me it doesn't matter anymore.   i have a recieved a beta key from them. (unless this month they talk about is for release) 

34 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

8 weeks ago (in an email sent out 1st October)  NQ said that this extra month (provided your sub started between at the latest 26 September) woud be added "in the next few weeks". I would agree we're well past a few weeks here and NQ needs to speak up on this.

Made a post in General. Let's see if NQ reply. 

4 hours ago, Emptiness said:

9u5050n.png

Or this ticket. This is part of the reason why I stopped bothering to report stuff.

why stop reporting?   there really was an insane amount of tickets.  and this bug is now infact fixed.   so reporting worked didn't it.   

took WAY longer then it should have.    but they did get around to it.  

7 hours ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Well how about this...

I mentioned it quite a bit in the help-tech channel before it was renamed, that the moons don't have all the resources mentioned, and I quote, from the two replies:
" This is a known issue"
" Oh, maybe it's the terrain bug "...
So here is someone who directly reported it, but not through the ticket system....
Although I have put a ticket in for ore nodes being significantly smaller on Talemai , All I got as a response was a link to the trello and a "promise" to bring it up with the devs...

The issue here, Is if NQ don't listen to the community, you will always have financial problems, thegame won't make it, because eventually people will just put it down, and instead of having this "Platform" you guys are clearly building to sell on, you won't have anything, because DU and NQ will always be known as the devs who didn't listen or act upon advice given by gamers for what they want/need in a game, there is literally no risk/reward or sense of achievement in this game

8 hours ago, XKentX said:

Should I explain why no one of that org plays now ?

this is total nonsence.   

the thing about the moons is that for example gold on madis moon 2.    only shows up once every 30 or 40 tiles.    

that given with the fact that people have been scanning for a while now.   means that the chances of finding the remaining high tier ores on these moons is next to impossible.  

when i first got a scanner it took me 1.5 days to finally find cryolite on madis moon 3.   and it took almost a full day of scanning to find gold on madis moon 2.   

this is just how the moons are.  

but the ore actually is there.  (or maybe by now: was there)  

this isn't anything that needed to be reported.  or needs to be fixed.  they are just almost mined out and didn't have much to begin with.   

if you want those ores you are going to have to go to the outer planets and mine them there. 

and at nightranger about the ores on telemai.    that's just how telemai is.    the ore nodes on sicari are also tiny. the size of sanctuary nodes basicly.   it just means it's not as good as a planet as the others.   nothing to write a ticket about.  

Edited by Darkracer125
adding something without making a new post.