Impulse Drive for more of an added Sci-FI Experience

ShibbyGuy

-(Expensive) and/or (Hard to Obtain) for more of a end-game item. Massive amounts of materials. Much higher than say the expanded gate xL.
-Impulse drive would replace adjustors providing even full power to pitch,roll,yaw etc.
-Impulse drive would replace the need for wings in atmospeheric planets and provide lift itself.
- XS, S, M, L Impulse drive sizes for different various weight capacities. (Should not replace AGG infinte weight)(Smaller scale depending on impulse drive size).
-Impulse drive would also provide some lower ground vertical boost without the need for the visualization of vert booster or needing one.
-Would use the energy system soon to be implemented instead of current fuels. (Imagine the Energy system will need its own kind of fuel? So would use that?)
-Impulse drives would work like a atmo/space engine so will need to be placed similarly.
-Should have a core of some kind, of a secondary item it links to, to draw its power(instead of a fuel tank). Which would also power the lift, pitch, roll, yaw, vert boost of the ship.
-Makes for a cleaner ship appearance potentially.

-Would not replace current ships requiring adjustors, wings, vertical boosters. They are their own style people will still build those kind of ships. Also since it will be hard and expensive to make not everyone will have these impulse drives right away. 

-Benefits economy and ship makers who sell their designs.

-Can't use AGG with an impulse drive.

-Promotes people to take risks to obtain what is needed for it in PvP.

Oh boy that would be super cool. It always hurts my heart when i build a super cool ship and then have to add tons of Wings, Adjusters, brakes, and airfoils so it can fly. But a potentialy new Internal System which combines all these should be challenging for the Player to place. it shouldnt be a shortcut to make shipbuilding easy. It should be a complicated costly tool to improve aesthetics.

6 hours ago, Sanguinius said:

Oh boy that would be super cool. It always hurts my heart when i build a super cool ship and then have to add tons of Wings, Adjusters, brakes, and airfoils so it can fly. But a potentialy new Internal System which combines all these should be challenging for the Player to place. it shouldnt be a shortcut to make shipbuilding easy. It should be a complicated costly tool to improve aesthetics.

Yeah, I had a friend who wanted that same wish. So I threw it on the forums for ideas for NQ. Would be awesome, if you make it rare it enough it wouldn't replace the current wings,adjustors and all that really. If it was harder to make than an xL gate, required way more materals, and you have to venture in PvP hot zone to obtain some of the higher Tier Ores. Would be a sought out item in the universe that's for sure. I feel it would help the game in other ways other than just having a better visual appearance on ships at a super high price. Economy, PvP Influences, ship builders would love it, money sink for game. Guess the only negative would be that you wouldn't want it to replace everything else in the game...  that and a lot of dev work... also more thinkin about how it would be implemented, maybe I missed something that would be important.

impulse-2.jpg 

Just an example picture of how it would work. Wouldn't have to be as complicated as the picture but you can get an idea. The Impulse reaction chamber could be the impulse drive itself (which provides the lift, adjustors, etc). The engine in the back would be the impulse engine which moves you. Generator provides the power to the impulse drive, which then powers the engine. So whatever the generator needs for power, would be the power supply for the impulse drive.

They could add the other things in the picture to make it more complicated as well.