Megathread: TwoAngryGamers Interview

NQ-Naunet

Hey everyone! ?

Tomorrow (Friday, November 13th) @ 9:30 AM EST / 2:30 PM UTC, TwoAngryGamers will be conducting an English, AMA-style interview with JC.

If you'd like to start a little viewing party here in the forums, feel free to pop into this thread to discuss! ?

Here's the link: https://www.twitch.tv/twoangrygamerstv ?

Happy viewing - hope to see lots of you there!!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We're live! Join us!

Please ask this question: Will and when will we get recycling elements & honeycomb to base elements? Will there be a nerfed amount (not 100% of build input vs recycle output)? How will this play with damaged element mechanics on the way?

Secondary questions: Are any changes coming that will interfere with currently built stacked L core space elevators? For instance, will stuff built > 1km atmo be limited to tile owner? Will stuff > 1km be vulnerable to attack without considering territory warfare when atmo pvp is turned on?

Will there be an API released to let us access ship kill information such as winner(s) and loser, elements/honeycomb lost, POS in game (or something like nearest planet so its not too revealing), orgs each player involved belongs to, etc?

Other questions:

Will we ever get the ability to see the actual color of honeycomb before we buy/make it? Yes there are libraries of them, but will NQ specifically put out this ability?

Can you explain if mining efficiency is working as intended and if Territory Scanner results vs actual mega node sizes are sometimes inaccurate by large %'s (1ML vs 4ML as an example)?

Elevators are tagged as XS currently. Are there larger elevators coming? Do they have expanded purposes?

Lots of players have made dynamic core Doors and Elevators. In general, does NQ plan to add any support for this or in particular add the ability to change element size and shape for things like doors, windows, force fields and/or elevators?

Resnode cooldown, will this happen soon? PVP only cooldown?

What is something exciting coming that you would like this share which have not yet revealed to players?

Rotating engines when/ever?

Cockpit glass when?

Red or Blue pill?

Do the dev team actually play DU  (without using any cheat codes)? I see a lot of lost cost, simple changes that anyone playing a little would consider mandatory to do...

Do the dev team have any experience of older MMOs, as players not devs ?

Why lessons learned from older MMOs like World of Warcraft and Starwars Galaxies (SWG) aren't applied to DU ?

Why reinvent the wheel and repeat the same mistakes made by others in the past (there are a lof of similarities between DU & SWG notability around the sandbox aspects, player content, housing/territory ) ?

(I doubt they'll answer these last 2 questions, they're more a personal rant of seeing history repeat itself once again).

It'd be nice if someone could summarize anything new or important that came up, because I tuned out after so much time discussing the same topics as other streams. 

It's a lot of fantasy talk about things that would be neat and things that "will be fixed"...but there's never any actual details.

I don't have any sense for how the game will actually change in the next two or three months...just a random assortment of things that would be neat and bugs that most players already knew about. 

I mean, even the streamers were bored. At one point someone asked them to stop interrupting JC and they replied "we don't have the time" lol. They were visibly bored because they've seen this stream before...

I appreciate the effort and know that the community can be demanding, but I don't see the point of going on streams to re-hash things that have already been said on the last dozen streams. 

24 minutes ago, michaelk said:

It'd be nice if someone could summarize anything new or important that came up, because I tuned out after so much time discussing the same topics as other streams. 

It's a lot of fantasy talk about things that would be neat and things that "will be fixed"...but there's never any actual details.

I don't have any sense for how the game will actually change in the next two or three months...just a random assortment of things that would be neat and bugs that most players already knew about. 

I mean, even the streamers were bored. At one point someone asked them to stop interrupting JC and they replied "we don't have the time" lol. They were visibly bored because they've seen this stream before...

I appreciate the effort and know that the community can be demanding, but I don't see the point of going on streams to re-hash things that have already been said on the last dozen streams. 

Valuable feedback, michaelk! I've been hearing from a lot of community members that they'd prefer another Reddit AMA instead of more Twitch interviews - is that something that would interest you? :)

2 hours ago, NQ-Naunet said:

Valuable feedback, michaelk! I've been hearing from a lot of community members that they'd prefer another Reddit AMA instead of more Twitch interviews - is that something that would interest you? :)

I think that would work much better -- it would give more players a chance to ask questions (vs. a few streamers) and would hopefully let the dev team take more time to write detailed replies.

That said, the AMA would only really be helpful if there's new information -- the medium isn't as important as the content to me.

For me, the most important information is the roadmap: what's changing in the next 3-4 months...but I know people have a billion very specific questions, so it'd be great to have more engagement on reddit in general (if not here). 

21 minutes ago, michaelk said:

That said, the AMA would only really be helpful if there's new information -- the medium isn't as important as the content to me.

For me, the most important information is the roadmap: what's changing in the next 3-4 months...but I know people have a billion very specific questions, so it'd be great to have more engagement on reddit in general (if not here). 

An excellent point! I've made note of this so that, if we do hop on Reddit and do an AMA again soon, we can be sure to get more detailed about NEW info. At this point it seems we have plenty of great Twitch streams to refer players with specific questions to. :)