About Compactifications Messages...

Anopheles

Tried to compact an xs craft with a warp engine on it.

Got the container message, so I repaired and removed them

Got the atmosphere engine message, so repaired them and removed

Got the space engine message..so

Must be ok now, right?

Got the "ship is too heavy".

?

could we not get them all at once?  Or at least the weight one first?

5 hours ago, Keimond said:

I hate when features like this are introduced and yet they have created no documentation... it has all these rules, it would have been GREAT if it would have had a wiki page with what you can't compact....

Gee. The game has an ingame codex with info; surely it could be updated each patch, right?

NQ: Hint, hint, hint.

• 5 months later...
On 5/8/2021 at 3:44 PM, IndigaterJones said:

Just started using this feature with the same issues.  Has a wiki or in-game codex been established?

Actually, here is an in game codex (press F1) and a DU wiki.

problem is the codex barely tells you everything and the DU wiki hasn't been updated since pre-alpha ?

+ Based on an XS Core Unit
+ without any container

+ with one fuel tank tops
+ without any weapon

+ with a maximum of three atmospheric engines

+ with no space engine

+ having a mass up to 20 tons 

The problem is, is that much of the UI seems to have been programmed by a high school pupil... and likely one who excels at art-history or home economics. 

It's one of the least intuitive UIs I've ever used.

Another typically unhelpful example is this:

Try copying and pasting a section of voxels that you don't have in your inventory...
Does it tell you what you're short of? Does if f'ck... Nothing
"Not enough material..."

I do understand them not documenting stuff yet, becuase it's a waste of time until things are nailed down.. But this game should be returned to alpha status to temper people's expectations since the game abounds with ridiculous holes in the UI that should never have made it out of Alpha... Although honestly, this game is obviously still an alpha in everything except name.. Whoever decided to call it a beta needs to be called out for fraudulent marketing... 

1 hour ago, GraXXoR said:

The problem is, is that much of the UI seems to have been programmed by a high school pupil... and likely one who excels at art-history or home economics. 

It's one of the least intuitive UIs I've ever used.

Another typically unhelpful example is this:

Try copying and pasting a section of voxels that you don't have in your inventory...
Does it tell you what you're short of? Does if f'ck... Nothing
"Not enough material..."

I do understand them not documenting stuff yet, becuase it's a waste of time until things are nailed down.. But this game should be returned to alpha status to temper people's expectations since the game abounds with ridiculous holes in the UI that should never have made it out of Alpha... Although honestly, this game is obviously still an alpha in everything except name.. Whoever decided to call it a beta needs to be called out for fraudulent marketing... 

agreed. still shocking to think about that this is called a beta.