The Repair Unit

Musclethorpe

I realize this thing destroys modules, but if they were to be repaired beforehand (something I would have to do anyway), this device should save me the trouble of reprinting my ship from a blueprint every time I take heavy voxel damage.

My questions are, how does it function exactly in regards to its placement, and the "snapshot" the description refers to. Does it need to be on the ship, or can it be on a static construct acting as a sort of repair shop? If it doesn't need to be on the ship, can it repair more than one? Does it require a databank? How big is it in comparison to, say, a Territory Scanner?

1) if elements are repaired it will repair voxels

2) it can be on a static core in the repair shop

3) It's smaller than the scanner

4) Snapshot is what it repairs your ship to. There are 2 types, automatic(created AND overwritten automatically every time you change the ship with "b") and manual(you manually create it when you want, that usually a good idea to create one when your ship is fully repaired and us this).

5) Repair unit is currently broken and doesn't work at all AFAIK since like a week ago or so. Build cubes, they are easier to repair..

14 hours ago, XKentX said:

1) if elements are repaired it will repair voxels

2) it can be on a static core in the repair shop

3) It's smaller than the scanner

4) Snapshot is what it repairs your ship to. There are 2 types, automatic(created AND overwritten automatically every time you change the ship with "b") and manual(you manually create it when you want, that usually a good idea to create one when your ship is fully repaired and us this).

5) Repair unit is currently broken and doesn't work at all AFAIK since like a week ago or so. Build cubes, they are easier to repair..

Thanks for the info. I am hoping that once it is reinstated it will repair elements instead of destroying/replacing them.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...