Alioth Aerospace Expo - Be part of the largest community event in Dual Universe!

Underhand Aerial

The Alioth Aerospace Expo is a Community event where all the manufacturing organizations come together to show off their latest designs. We have events and contests at these Expos as well. For now attendance is free and we rotate which Organization hosts the Expo.

This time Hyperion has the pleasure of hosting the Expo. We are looking forward to present you the biggest event in the beta.

► When:

Spring 2021

► Why should I attend?

The Expo aims to become a central hub of the shipbuilding scene. It is an opportunity for both industry giants and innovative startups to attract new civilian and military customers, by showcasing their talent to the wider player base. More than 600 constructs were already participating at the last Expo! 

Want to show off your ships?

Players and Organizations can register for exhibition spaces, one construct per area. There will be 9 areas in total.

There will be three phases/ways to register your ships for exhibition.Choose the way you prefer. We recommend our Website.

Phase 1: Pre-Registration on the Hyperion website starting 23rd November
Phase 2: Registration via a Google Form starting 14th Dezember

Phase 1 and 2 are live now! Feel free to use our website to register your ships.
For boring people we have this google form.
Phase 3: During the event, free space can be arranged via Discord. For each area there is one responsible person who takes care of it.

What are the areas? What kind of ships can be exhibited there?

1. Military Ships - all ships that are designed for PvP
2. Freighter - any vessel designed for the transport of goods
3. Shuttle - all ships designed for the transport of persons
4. Replica - replicas of constructs from the real or a fictional world
5. Scripting - all dynamic constructs related to Lua
6. Starter & Scouts - all ships that can operate as scouts or are especially suitable for beginners
7. Racing - all ships designed for racing
8. Luxury Ships - The most glamorous ships with the only purpose to sparkle and shine
9. Organizations - Extra exhibition space for organizations with a greater amount of ships

ody.png

Further details about the Expo and the events taking place will be posted here

We welcome any support you like to contribute to the project
Contributions for the Expo can be made here: ::pos{0,2,16.7544,112.0115,42.2058} Please claim your items

As there were some questions about the registry: 

-> we understand that there are some people who are too lazy to register at our site, therefore we offer the different phases. 

-> Only registered ships can compete at the Expo to win a prize and be displayed on the interactive map.

-> All exhibited ships should be locatable on our public expo map. Whoever uses our homepage has the additional advantage that he can freely add a description, pictures and videos. We will not offer these features in phases 2 and 3.

-> The registration phase 1 will not close until the end of Expo 

-> The registration phase 2 will close at 3rd January

4 minutes ago, Deintus said:

I hope the turn out is well. Not enough materials for the CGI-Lucid Dreamer and doubt I can make deadline. Would be nice if this becomes a regular event!

Oh this is already a regular event, 2 times a year is the AAE. This should be the third or fourth AAE :)

3 hours ago, Underhand Aerial said:

As there were some questions about the registry: 

-> we understand that there are some people who are too lazy to register at our site, therefore we offer the different phases. 

-> Only registered ships can compete at the Expo to win a prize and be displayed on the interactive map.

-> All exhibited ships should be locatable on our public expo map. Whoever uses our homepage has the additional advantage that he can freely add a description, pictures and videos. We will not offer these features in phases 2 and 3.

-> The registration phase 1 will not close until the end of Expo 

-> The registration phase 2 will close at 3rd January

It's not so much a matter of laziness - but rather registering yet another login account with yet another website. Make registration not require an account and you'd get a lot more traffic. 

That said, looking forward to the phase 2 portion to throw a ship in the mix :)

Only one ship per area? Even area 9?

that’s a little bit sad for people (like me) who have created a matching themed ship collection ranging from XS to L.

I suppose I could “cheat” by docking all the ships on the L core like Russian dolls. 

9 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

Only one ship per area? Even area 9?

that’s a little bit sad for people (like me) who have created a matching themed ship collection ranging from XS to L.

I suppose I could “cheat” by docking all the ships on the L core like Russian dolls. 

You can register every ship, when space is left we will use your additional ships to fill. 

But we want to give every player a fair chance to get a exhibition space and we want that you only register your best ships :)

10 hours ago, Volkier said:

It's not so much a matter of laziness - but rather registering yet another login account with yet another website. Make registration not require an account and you'd get a lot more traffic. 

That said, looking forward to the phase 2 portion to throw a ship in the mix :)

Sure we would get more ships, but also more fake or spam registrations :)

We are using our site for our map and only registered ships will contest in the events with a potential prize to win. 

So just to further play a devils advocate - which area would a ship that does two or three of the things fit into? Like something that can do a bit of cargo, yet is still small and light enough to function as a shuttle and is designed with first person immersion in mind so has a bit of glamour but is still functional (this is an example off the top of the head, not claiming to have a ship like that - you can mix and match any number of roles for another example to make the same point) :P

12 hours ago, Volkier said:

So just to further play a devils advocate - which area would a ship that does two or three of the things fit into? Like something that can do a bit of cargo, yet is still small and light enough to function as a shuttle and is designed with first person immersion in mind so has a bit of glamour but is still functional (this is an example off the top of the head, not claiming to have a ship like that - you can mix and match any number of roles for another example to make the same point) :P

First idea was to create a "Multifunctional Ships / Allrounder" area, but well.. 90% of all ships are multifunctional in that way.. So we added "Luxury ships"

Let's see how this expo will run, then we can improve the next one ?

5 hours ago, Underhand Aerial said:

First idea was to create a "Multifunctional Ships / Allrounder" area, but well.. 90% of all ships are multifunctional in that way.. So we added "Luxury ships"

Let's see how this expo will run, then we can improve the next one ?

:)

On 11/26/2020 at 8:31 PM, Volkier said:

Just pick a primary function for the same of the event and go with it. 

• 3 weeks later...

Nice, but where is the art category??
almost all of my ships have no functions. I just make pretty ships (not luxurious, just pretty) ... so i don't know where to register them... ?

2 hours ago, Chalana said:

Nice, but where is the art category??
almost all of my ships have no functions. I just make pretty ships (not luxurious, just pretty) ... so i don't know where to register them... ?

I generally say, go for luxury. But ships that are neither replica nor luxury, what kind of things are they anyway?