Atmos and Space Radar in 1 Ship

Guest Ericky

Hey, I'm curious, how do you guys handle radars usually? Have just one type in a ship?

I wanted to have both a space and an atmos radar, but I can't find a way to link 2 of them to a single chair and a programming board doesnt seem to work either. Only way seems to have 2 chairs, but then I cant see both radars on my screen at once.

Is there a way to at least switch between them once you enter/leave space?

For single chair nope, not without going into build mode and re-link. Alternatively you can set up two chairs and swap during flight (provided your design allows leaving the seat in-flight), but it is not ideal to put it mildly.

<sarcasm>You see this game is all about community, so flying with essential radar functionality should obviously require at least two players."</sarcasm>

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

<sarcasm>You see this game is all about community, so flying with essential radar functionality should obviously require at least two players."</sarcasm>

<sarcasm>As it's so fun to fly, especially from ion to alioth when you have to 3 hours to play after work</sarcasm>

2 hours ago, XKentX said:

<sarcasm>As it's so fun to fly, especially from ion to alioth when you have to 3 hours to play after work</sarcasm>

That's what warp is for.

I was shocked at the bad design when I tried to hook up space and atmo radars to my command seat and I couldn't do it... so the pilot has to be blind in one regime or the other? I guess that's to help the griefers get their easy kills.

And what about orbital radar. We really need something to spot all that space junk (i.e. space cores) that clutters the altitudes between low orbit and the space combat altitude. I haven't hit one yet, but I have had them render <100m away while traveling 10000kph. If I'd been on a collision course I wouldn't have been able to avoid it.

Not a whole lot of use for atmospheric radars right now given that atmospheric PvP isn't a thing yet, so I don't know that there needs to be a lot of concern directed there, at least for now. The definitive radar setup for space seems to be having a small radar linked to your pilot seat and a large radar linked to your primary gunner seat. The pilot won't be able to identify (re: lock) any targets meaningfully, but having the small radar means they will be able to see the same targets the gunner is actually identifying and maneuver the ship accordingly.

On 11/9/2020 at 1:24 PM, Zamiel7 said:

Not a whole lot of use for atmospheric radars right now given that atmospheric PvP isn't a thing yet, so I don't know that there needs to be a lot of concern directed there, at least for now. The definitive radar setup for space seems to be having a small radar linked to your pilot seat and a large radar linked to your primary gunner seat. The pilot won't be able to identify (re: lock) any targets meaningfully, but having the small radar means they will be able to see the same targets the gunner is actually identifying and maneuver the ship accordingly.

They are pretty useful for seeing those who are camping just inside of the safe zone to gank you.

13 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

They are pretty useful for seeing those who are camping just inside of the safe zone to gank you.

That's fair. Admittedly, my organization and I tend to be the ones actively looking for PvP and along the routes between planets where atmospheric radar has no use.