NQ - We need clarification on Core repair mechanics!

Musclethorpe

I have posted this question in support chat, the discord question channel, Reddit, and have received every answer you can imagine, each person claiming they have had viable personal experience. Unannounced changes may have recently changed things, so if we crash and completely destroy our core we need to definitively know if the core can be claimed by another in these cases:

1) It happens in the safe zone on our tile.

2) It happens in the safe zone, but not on our tile.

3) It happens outside the safe zone on our tile.

4) It happens outside the safe zone, but not on our tile.

There is absolutely no need to respond to this thread if you are a player, save to bump for visibility. I am not interested in what you have seen or done, because I have heard convincing statements to each possibility. At this point I am hoping to get word from the horse's mouth.

Sorry, but this isn't the place to post demanding a reply from NQ because it won't happen. 

I wish it worked like that, but it doesn't. Frankly, this forum barely has activity from players, never mind NQ. 

Good luck, but yeah...don't post in a forum like this telling people not to reply.

You won't get an answer from the horse's mouth no matter how many places you post your question. You could stand outside their office with these questions on a massive banner and still not get an answer. That's just how NQ rolls. 

3 minutes ago, michaelk said:

Sorry, but this isn't the place to post demanding a reply from NQ because it won't happen. 

I wish it worked like that, but it doesn't. Frankly, this forum barely has activity from players, never mind NQ. 

Good luck, but yeah...don't post in a forum like this telling people not to reply.

You won't get an answer from the horse's mouth no matter how many places you post your question. You could stand outside their office with these questions on a massive banner and still not get an answer. That's just how NQ rolls. 

I have no other recourse, and I will leave no stone unturned. The worst that can happen is silence.

7 minutes ago, Musclethorpe said:

I have no other recourse, and I will leave no stone unturned. The worst that can happen is silence.

You already have silence (and that will likely be all you get here as NQ pretty much ignores and does not use their forums hardly, if at all) so the worst that could happen is ... nothing.. ;) 

But anyway, I'd work under the assumption that any core, when destroyed, can be repaired by a passer-by wherever it is and it will at that time change to their ownership (provided they can add another core to their ownership)

11 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

You already have silence (and that will likely be all you get here as NQ pretty much ignores and does not use their forums hardly, if at all) so the worst that could happen is ... nothing.. ;) 

But anyway, I'd work under the assumption that any core, when destroyed, can be repaired by a passer-by wherever it is and it will at that time change to their ownership (provided they can add another core to their ownership)

As of yesterday we could not claim a fully smashed ship as our own on Alioth market.

10 hours ago, Musclethorpe said:

Here are the rules, from the horses mouth.

Screenshot (117).png

Abandoned static cores in unclaimed tiles CAN be claimed/repaired, but they cannot be removed without placing a TU. Source: personal experience.

So at least one of those is wrong.

e. oh wait, just remembered I was able to claim/repair an abandoned static core in someone elses tile and remove stuff from it, so at least two of those are wrong.

A destroyed core, regardless of it being due to crash or abandonment, should be repairable and the construct salvageable. This just takes away yet another game mechanics and it seems NQ though they'd get away with it by conveniently excluding it from their release notes when it was changed.

This appears to once again be a change to cover up symptoms (of a broken or unbalanced mechanic used for griefing) like fly and warp traps, single voxel "towers", Glass panels placed in the sky/space, instead of actually dealing with the issue.

The technical debt keeps piling up.

On 11/7/2020 at 11:13 PM, blazemonger said:

A destroyed core, regardless of it being due to crash or abandonment, should be repairable and the construct salvageable. This just takes away yet another game mechanics and it seems NQ though they'd get away with it by conveniently excluding it from their release notes when it was changed.

This appears to once again be a change to cover up symptoms (of a broken or unbalanced mechanic used for griefing) like fly and warp traps, single voxel "towers", Glass panels placed in the sky/space, instead of actually dealing with the issue.

The technical debt keeps piling up.

Trolls like this make me weary of the future of this game. I wouldn't be surprised if people quit after loosing 10 Large containers full of shit because of a warp trap or microvoxel towers. 

18 hours ago, Xanider said:

Trolls like this make me weary of the future of this game. I wouldn't be surprised if people quit after loosing 10 Large containers full of shit because of a warp trap or microvoxel towers. 

"and because I was too dim to bring scrap to repair the damage,  or post the coords of said traps to help others, and just left the wreck there and expected it to just be there in a living and dynamic universe because people must care about my fee-fees and NQ has to help me by changing the game because I don't ever want to have to ever help myself", they added silently, before throwing their face into a pillow.