Warning (and a bit of a whinge) re Support / Refunds etc.

SirMaxxx

Bought a three month subscription Aug 28th.

Could not get into the game (login timeout) at all.

Contacted support Aug 30th and sent required debug files Aug 31st. as requested.

Heard nothing. Repeatedly contacted support and once, via discord, got into the game for about a minute before it crashed and went back to the timeout issue.

Finally asked for them to cancel my payments and give me a refund as I wasn't getting any response from support (Sept 17)
"Please cancel my payments immediately and refund me the full amount paid"

Sept 30 received an email "Thanks for getting back to us. Sorry to hear you're having trouble playing the game and would like to have a refund. No worries, we'll get this sorted for you."

Today (Oct 28) I received an email

"I went ahead and cancelled your subscription."

note they cancelled the subscription and not the payments.

"Regrettably, scenarios such as this are currently not eligible for a refund."

with a link to the T&C with all the 14 day stuff in it.

I let them know within 2 days it wasn't working - but it has taken them 2 months to respond - but tough, outside the 14 days, buddy!

And in that same email 

"If you are interested, I would take a closer look at the issue and would like to request the following data about your device/setup:"

asking for the same files I sent on 31st August that nothing happened about.

I have tried all of the solutions offered in various other posts from folk having similar problems - and as mentioned, one of their support people managed to get me in the game for a minute by doing something (unfortunately when it crashed on my again and went back to the old behaviour, the Discord chap just told me to raise a support ticket.)

So I have asked them to re-instate my subscription until it expires (otherwise how could I possibly tell if they ever fix the problem) but not to allow it to renew.

I have sent the files requested (including resending the old files) in the hope that someone will actually look at them this time.

Incidentally (just in case they're reading) @ng-wokk was the original email support person I sent the files to (and who never responded) and @ng-rocketman  is the most recent correspondent.

I offer no advice - just the facts.

I will post again should I hear anything...

Don't hold your breath

On 10/28/2020 at 5:41 AM, SirMaxxx said:

Bought a three month subscription Aug 28th.

Could not get into the game (login timeout) at all.

Contacted support Aug 30th and sent required debug files Aug 31st. as requested.

Heard nothing. Repeatedly contacted support and once, via discord, got into the game for about a minute before it crashed and went back to the timeout issue.

Finally asked for them to cancel my payments and give me a refund as I wasn't getting any response from support (Sept 17)
"Please cancel my payments immediately and refund me the full amount paid"

Sept 30 received an email "Thanks for getting back to us. Sorry to hear you're having trouble playing the game and would like to have a refund. No worries, we'll get this sorted for you."

Today (Oct 28) I received an email

"I went ahead and cancelled your subscription."

note they cancelled the subscription and not the payments.

"Regrettably, scenarios such as this are currently not eligible for a refund."

with a link to the T&C with all the 14 day stuff in it.

I let them know within 2 days it wasn't working - but it has taken them 2 months to respond - but tough, outside the 14 days, buddy!

And in that same email 

"If you are interested, I would take a closer look at the issue and would like to request the following data about your device/setup:"

asking for the same files I sent on 31st August that nothing happened about.

I have tried all of the solutions offered in various other posts from folk having similar problems - and as mentioned, one of their support people managed to get me in the game for a minute by doing something (unfortunately when it crashed on my again and went back to the old behaviour, the Discord chap just told me to raise a support ticket.)

So I have asked them to re-instate my subscription until it expires (otherwise how could I possibly tell if they ever fix the problem) but not to allow it to renew.

I have sent the files requested (including resending the old files) in the hope that someone will actually look at them this time.

Incidentally (just in case they're reading) @ng-wokk was the original email support person I sent the files to (and who never responded) and @ng-rocketman  is the most recent correspondent.

I offer no advice - just the facts.

I will post again should I hear anything...

Don't hold your breath

Why didn't you unsubscribe through Xosilla?  There are several threads on how to do that, and also make sure to get rid of recurring payments if you have not yet already.

• 2 weeks later...

An update.

I've posted elsewhere but essentially NQ finally got back to me and suggested some things, none of which made the slightest difference

Then I changed from using my wireless extender to using a USB WiFi dongle - and BAM it runs!

Can you share what WiFi connection you use? Frankly, for a network heavy game like DU, you should really use a wired connection as the game will need/want to download more data then your wireless connection can handle if your laptop is the only device on WiFi, let alone when other devices like phones are on it too and you need to share the available bandwith.

This really also leads to your other post on performance and so I think it would be good if you provide a full spec list of your setup to see if there is anything there that can be improved. But plug in an Ethernet cable for starters.

Please specify:

What device you play on (make/model)?

Network speed (if anything but AC WiFi you are really not going to get the bandwidth close to what the game needs)

CPU? GPU? Memory (amount and speed)? Storage (HDD/SSD/NVMe)?

3 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Frankly, for a network heavy game like DU, you should really use a wired connection as the game will need/want to download more data then your wireless connection can handle if your laptop is the only device on WiFi, let alone when other devices like phones are on it too and you need to share the available bandwith.

Not sure if I'm understanding you here.

If I have a connection to my router, and my router connects to the internet at 30Mbps, then as long as my connection to the router is potentially 30Mbps or higher all is well with the world, wired or not.

If I am sharing this with other users - whether they are wired or not, we still only have 30Mbps to share between us

So, sure, wireless interference may reduce this a little, but other users' network usage.

30Mbps is what I get on my computer from the interwebs wired or wireless - because that's what my internet connection speed is (actually it does vary up to 40 on a good day with teh wind behind it, and going downhill)

Having a wired connection capable of gigabit speed isn't going to make the internet traffic come any faster through my 30Mbps connection! (I wish!)

My set up fwiw is a lovingly hand build PC

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.81 GHz

16Gb Ram (don't recall specs)

Win 10 Pro 64 bit (Insiders edition)

GPU is a GeForce GTX 1070 Ti with 16Gb 

Running on a 2560 x =1440 monitor (although I have been running it in a 1080 window to see if that helped - it didn't)

DU is installed in a 250Gb SSD on SATA with 116Gb free (I suspect it is caching to my NVME boot drive but uncertain)

All in all I think the PC should handle it - I guess my Internet speed could be an issue - but there's little I can do about that!

49 minutes ago, SirMaxxx said:

If I have a connection to my router, and my router connects to the internet at 30Mbps, then as long as my connection to the router is potentially 30Mbps or higher all is well with the world, wired or not.

A 30Mbps internet connection is not ideal for a game like DU but should be fine. Being on wired connection will however provide a more stable connection with less chance of packet loss or latency. I would certainly try a wired connection. If you are on anything but AC wireless it will certainly affect the performance of your network and thus the game. Especially when the wireless access point is shared between devices like phones and tablets as well it will cause a drop in performance on the network. Generally I would always advise a wired connection for gaming setup unless you have a dedicated access point for the computer.

i5-8400 is a 6 core CPU, should be OK but may be causing some performance issues for the game as it currently is, 1070ti is really a 1080p card and I expect it's not 16GB as you mention, more likely 8GB. But running 1440p should not really be an issue as long as it's just that one monitor. 16GB RAM will I think eventually be fine but may be a bit one the low end currently for the game in current state. I'd generally go with 32Gb anyway.