There was an interview? Nice to know

Helrym

Dear HQ-Team,

today i found out there was a interview that happend on twitch:  Source (start 1h 33min)

Good thing i have a few ingame friends who have ears open to find out about such things.

Because i can forget to look up the twitter or even the forum which should be one of the major connection points between player-base and the Game-Team.

But there is no information in the forum what was talked about in the interview (Summary or minutes of meeting)  or that is even happend!

A summary would be very importent as we would have actuall facts about what is going on where is the journey taking us it would also help a lot of people who dont have the time to watch it or are unable to do so( slow internet, being in puplic, language difficulty or having hearing problems).

kind regards,

Helrym

"we think people doesnt use market enough"

its been 2 months they give 100K per day, meaning, you can be multi-millionaire without doing anything within 20days.

its been 2 months, markets are only players owned market-ships clusterfck, because since 2 months "NQ think about it"

its been 2 Months, see the above, market are on a 1-2fps for average people because "NQ think about it"
all industries are on the same tier ( 1 )
regular T1 ore spot are 400K on alioth, you can found some at 1 to 4Millions Liters.
T3 spot on a planet are 5k, and some found a 200k, a 400K and a  2 MILLIONS LITERS PETALITE ONE. ( something like 200Millions q )

Economy is bad, because NQ is bad.

44 minutes ago, Helrym said:

I think this another good example for the communication from HQ: Unable to login
Reason because the Server is down for maintenance but this was only posted on Discord not their own Forum that how useful their own communication platform is.

The world is changing. Deal with it. Discord is the quickest best way to communicate immediate announcements.  Join their discord. They dont need to be redundant posting minor things on their forums. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyTazer said:

The world is changing. Deal with it. Discord is the quickest best way to communicate immediate announcements.  Join their discord. They dont need to be redundant posting minor things on their forums. 

As if it's difficult. It would take them minutes or seconds...we didn't create these forums, NQ did. 

NQ is just lazy as all hell -- they can't be bothered to spend the 30 seconds it would take to copy-paste information across the communication channels they created. 

JC strikes me now more than ever as an uber-arrogant windbag incapable of humility. He'll go on and on about how great the tech is and how just like Facebook or Twitter the community of DU is more important than its tech...but is too lazy or incompetent to fix one of the biggest complaints about the company he leads: lack of communication. ?‍♂️And that's like the easiest problem in the world to solve. 

His solution is to go on streams and keep talking because he likes to hear his own voice a lot more than he likes to listen. 

Can you imagine any group of professionals not engaging with customers because "we like discord better". It's arrogant, it's unprofessional, and it's just bad business. 

If they can't figure out how to keep their customers informed which is among the most basic things any company can do, do you really think they are making good decisions with the rest of their company? Do you really think they've made great decisions in the last six years for that matter...? Apparently "deal with it" is their go-to. I hope their investors "deal with it" when they realize that ~10-20k active players isn't enough to sustain a company. 

EDIT: PS discord does have an API, so I'd assume basic things like important announcements could be easily automated to broadcast to all channels they've created -- not a hard thing to do. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyTazer said:

99% of games have info on forums. It's just off putting for new players to have to do something particular.   Every hurdle prevents engagement.

Discord is used by probably 99% gamers.  I can have it on my phone, choose what to link it to for pings, do whatever I want.  I was chilling laying in bed, and I got a ping that the servers were being delayed another 3 hours.  INSTANTLY i knew the situation.  Why would I wanna use the forums for that?  You cannot get ANY better than that.  If you don't want to take the 5 seconds to set it up, then you don't want access to that information instantly.  Thats your fault not theirs.  They chose the best platform to send out short 1 sided announcements.  What you chose to do with that is on you. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Discord is used by probably 99% gamers.  

But why? We already have countless social media crap - we have reddits and facebooks and twitters and snapchats and and and.
Why yet ANOTHER social network? And on your phone you can also have Reddit and Twitter and everything else. But I guess it's the "cool new thing", right? Until another one comes around. Then "that one" will be a must have.

See, the thing is this: If I want information and communication on a game - there are the games Forums for that. I already have a Game Account on this website, so the same thing then can be used on Forums - I don't have to REGISTER for yet another thing.
And this is a WEBSITE, I do not have to "install" an App or whatever. I can even browser this forum without ever registering at all - and I can read all about the game. Why on earth would I register for yet another social network and give away my data to then be spammed and bombarded by infinite crap.

Those interviews are happening on YouTube and Twitch so that they are not easily accessible.   Having easily accessible plans would make it pretty obvious how quickly the devs are changing their minds.

industry Lua:  no -> this is a design/balance problem not technical.

Safe areas: just Sanctuary -> having half of Alioth be safe would make for interesting interactions -> we’re keeping the blue triangle

auto turrets:  extreme no -> no -> they’ll be weak

auto mining:  no because it would hurt newbies -> it’s on the list -> oh yeah it’s going to use a new land rating to make some areas more desirable for Territory Control.

—————

The interviews being hard to access, and being extraordinarily hard to search is an intended feature.   Probably the best way to make them go away is to make the stashed org summaries publicly accessible.  The devs are down to Streamers that can only pull in 200 viewers anyways.