General Feedback

Guest RolandTheBandit

Guest RolandTheBandit

After a good while playing the game in a small group / solo we have come up with some feedback which is by no means an attempt at saying do this or else. Merely thoughts on the game in general.

Passive Mining
Mining is a core gameplay loop with DU. To begin with mining on the surface then moving into digging for nodes and hunting mega nodes etc. As a core gameplay loop this is fine and is easy to understand and do, however over a long period of time this simple task becomes mind numbingly tedious and honestly boring. It has resulted in most of us either playing very casually or not at all until a form of passive mining is added. 

I understand that this is a major request for many people and from what I have seen they intend to add something to passively pull ores from owned Hexes. This is great news and I would like to see it iterated on and more complexity added to the process down the line. For instance perhaps different types of fuels or added resources / parts can be used over time to increase productivity. The only thing we say is that this feature needs to be the very next in line to maintain any sort of longevity for us. 

Respawning
The single Resurrection node is incredibly limiting. I would prefer to see a system were you can spawn into any owned Resurrection nodes no matter where they might be. You can't take any inventory with you meaning any sort of hauling still needs to be done manually and even a restriction which prohibits the use of Resurrection nodes when in combat ( This would force the use of Surrogate's over respawn ) could help to keep the playing field level.

Reduction in cost for Warp Cells

In our own opinion only, warp cells and warping in general feel as if that should be the default mode of transport. Travelling normally is fine over smaller distances but when you are talking about 3 hour plus travel time which will explode out to days or weeks when other systems are added, this time frame will pose a serious block to many players. I'm sure they are going to add something akin to 'Stargates' eventually however warp cells need to be constructed primarily from Tier 1 Ores with the addition of 1 or 2 Tier 2 Ores. I know people already saying that would kill PvP yada yada...

PvP
With Warp Cells being more prevalent, the addition of warp interdicting elements can come into play. Make them only placeable on Space Station cores so that travel lanes to can drawn and safety provided by large organisations. This also provides a myriad of potential tactical targets when full scale wars kick off. 

Building further upon this foundation, the ability for S cores to out range L cores is beyond counter intuitive. Large vessels and Large Space Stations should have their presence felt across a large sphere and a handful of S cores should never be able to outrange that. Through the use of skill and tactics they can over come it but the Larger vessel should always have an advantage. 

This is mostly from a Time / Cost > Time To Kill mentality. That is the more time and cost put into a large ship or station should mean it is able to stand and defend itself much easier. However if a handful of S cores with a turret and an engine stuck to a radar and seat come along and outrange it... This means the expense to make smaller ships is far less; meaning PvP will never reach the large scale DU should be achieving. That is just a logical conclusion to draw under the current conditions. 

Ontop of this, adding more variety in ship defence and ship offence is a must. Point Defence, Cloaking Fields, actual shield generators, tractor beams and so on and so on. The 'Borg Cube' meta is pretty ugly but effective meaning a new way to deal with honeycomb is going to be required if you ever want nice looking ships to fight each other. This is a tough one and I'm sure more prominent PvP'ers would have a solution to this.

Industry
Love the industry... The only issue we have is the lack of true complexity in construction. Would love to see further layers added to each tier and each element. I mean some materials make a screw, yea ok nice. How about making a mold first which can be recycled. Positive and negative feedback loops can help to build complexity and honestly the more the better. This is said from the point of view of Factorio / Satisfactory players so obviously it's not for everyone. 

These were just some quick points we felt needed to be put out there and feel free to agree or disagree both are fine.