DU Needs that 2nd System Before SC Gets Theirs

BaconofWar

Even though DU has far more tangible jobs there are folks who would use SC getting a second system as a rallying point to not play DU. Sure in DU we don't have missions, but we do have meaningful jobs. Jobs not being destroyed when the server crashes and wipes out our inventory and resets us to some nearby spawn point.  Granted sometimes the DU server boot out does cause us sometimes catastrophic and expensive repairs to our ships and does cause us to respawn at a nearby spawn point, it's usually not a 100% loss like that "other" game.

As DU grows, more SC disillusioned fan bois will focus on DU and adding another meaningful system before SC will be a big "come on down" as honestly, even SC's first system won't offer more than 1-2 planets and some base.

1 hour ago, BaconofWar said:

Jobs not being destroyed when the server crashes and wipes out our inventory and resets us to some nearby spawn point.

Uh-huh.

1 hour ago, BaconofWar said:

As DU grows, more SC disillusioned fan bois will focus on DU

What the hell am I reading? Have you actually played DU and SC to be reaching these conclusions?

DU already has more gameplay and while it's not a race really, as SC still has their persistent server tech to sort out and DU has IMO proven that heirs is both viable and works I do not see SC expanding beyond there existing system for another 2 years at least.. I do not think DU will need or take that longs as the core tech to ge there is already in place for DU.

There is a lot that still needs to be done and get better, but it's more a matter of making it happen than making it work for DU.