Sharing territory unit.

Xanider

13 hours ago, Xanider said:

try to share my territory Unit with my friends, it tells me I don't have permission to modify this element

This sounds as if you right click the unit? I never tried that approach and didn't think you could even share "the unit" as such. I always grant access to the territory through RDMS. Hit F7 and create a new policy, add a name and the friends you want to grant access to as well as the permissions/rights you want to grant, then on the right side pick the tag name that corresponds to your territory name.

On all 3 columns don't forget to press the "Add" button and make sure the items you selected are shown in the list below.

Double check that you didn't add "All" in the actor list on the left :D then proceed to save the new policy.

Optionally you can define a new actor in the actors tab to make a list of people so you don't have to pick them individually each time you create a new policy. You can also define own tags on certain elements and then find them in the tag list to grant access to certain elements instead of just giving access to the whole construct (cores get the name of the construct automatically assigned as tag which appears in the default list - granting permissions to cores refers to all elements on that construct).

3 minutes ago, vertex said:

This sounds as if you right click the unit? I never tried that approach and didn't think you could even share "the unit" as such. I always grant access to the territory through RDMS. Hit F7 and create a new policy, add a name and the friends you want to grant access to as well as the permissions/rights you want to grant, then on the right side pick the tag name that corresponds to your territory name.

On all 3 columns don't forget to press the "Add" button and make sure the items you selected are shown in the list below.

Double check that you didn't add "All" in the actor list on the left :D then proceed to save the new policy.

Optionally you can define a new actor in the actors tab to make lists of people so you don't have to pick them individually each time you create a new policy. You can also define own tags on certain elements and then find them in the tag list to grant access to certain elements instead of just giving access to the whole construct (cores get the name of the construct automatically assigned as tag which appears in the default list - granting permissions to cores refers to all elements on that construct).

Lol this isnt my issue. Territory units are bugged. Even granting rdms is bugged. 

Sorry, in that case I failed to grasp what your issue was. Just tried to help. Didn't experience any bugs dealing with RDMS since beta release either - worst case that happened to me was that some ppl claimed the newly granted permissions didn't work right away, so I asked them to relog real quick and that solved it every time so far.

But it seems I need to add that I didn't add territory policies in the past two weeks or so - just assumed sharing the unit was a different approach that I'm not aware of and the RDMS should still work the same as when I did it :huh: