Official protest! to constitution on planet -> up to 1 km

Emtec3PL

I wanted to officially protest against the possibility of building kilometer-long tower structures closer than 50 km from district; market; it is a danger; such structures should automatically collapse !!!!

who is in favor please support it here

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/758994403057991720/768900946608390184/unknown.png

Can't disagree that the routes in and out of the districts should be relatively clean and clear. But NQ has pretty much given up their ability to enforce or act against this by not setting rules for this in advance and not creating an option for themselves to wipe and remove these once they refine and balance the game and their TOS/EULA in the course of the beta.

At least, not yet..

Or just start using atmo radars? So you can see those towers cores from few kilometers out always? What we really need is navigation radar which works in both space and atmo or ability to connect both space and atmo XS to the same seat.

22 minutes ago, Haunty said:

How is it a danger? The sky is pretty roomy

After i started flying with radar - I'm constantly astonished i never crashed into anything. And anyone. Yeah, they are roomy. But sheer hours of flight time i have makes probability of crashing into something very real. FFS I actually nearly crashed into another player ship while flying with radar and looking in wrong direction yesterday. Distance was in dozen or two of meters with solid 200+ speeds... I hope i didn't give him hearth attack cause i nearly had one. 

22 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Can't disagree that the routes in and out of the districts should be relatively clean and clear. But NQ has pretty much given up their ability to enforce or act against this by not setting rules for this in advance and not creating an option for themselves to wipe and remove these once they refine and balance the game and their TOS/EULA in the course of the beta.

At least, not yet..

It's almost like they intended the players to manage this kind of thing ourselves. Like most of everything else.

1 minute ago, Ram said:

It's almost like they intended the players to manage this kind of thing ourselves. Like most of everything else.

That is not wrong and a fair comment ..

BUT

It really does not apply while NQ prohibits us from taking action against such installations and as NQ today pretty much announced they will leave the Alioth/Madis/Thades safezone in place, at it is now, going forwards, they will as a consequence have to put measures in place allowing or enabling these installations to be removed (such as declaring them exploit/griefer mechanics in these locations). If they do not players will construct obstacles and place things like fly traps inside safe zones.

3 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

That is not wrong and a fair comment ..

BUT

It really does not apply while NQ prohibits us from taking action against such installations and as NQ today pretty much announced they will leave the Alioth/Madis/Thades safezone in place, at it is now, going forwards, they will as a consequence have to put measures in place allowing or enabling these installations to be removed (such as declaring them exploit/griefer mechanics in these locations). If they do not players will construct obstacles and place things like fly traps inside safe zones.

I agree, we need tools made by the devs to help us as players to manage this kind of stuff within safe zones, and we do not have that yet.

3 hours ago, Elrood said:

After i started flying with radar - I'm constantly astonished i never crashed into anything. And anyone. Yeah, they are roomy. But sheer hours of flight time i have makes probability of crashing into something very real. FFS I actually nearly crashed into another player ship while flying with radar and looking in wrong direction yesterday. Distance was in dozen or two of meters with solid 200+ speeds... I hope i didn't give him hearth attack cause i nearly had one. 

Heh i ended up buying a radar after i buzzed some dudes large core ship at mach 1 at less then 10 meters. Not sure who had the bigger heart attack there tbh.

Such constructs become a problem when standing one hex apart. Everyone builds a tower for themselves under Agg. I am not against this, but still you should limit the height of the structure, for example, 1-1.5 km from the soil surface. Then there will be a completely clear free corridor. Yesterday I flew past the towers at an altitude of 3000 m +.
I understand why people raise towers 5-6 km. They don't want to put atmospheric engines on Alioth.
At the same time, I would like to express my deep respect to those builders who designate their towers with light elements (voxels). It is difficult to crash into such even blindly.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:02 AM, ColonkinYT said:

Such constructs become a problem when standing one hex apart. Everyone builds a tower for themselves under Agg. I am not against this, but still you should limit the height of the structure, for example, 1-1.5 km from the soil surface. Then there will be a completely clear free corridor. Yesterday I flew past the towers at an altitude of 3000 m +.
I understand why people raise towers 5-6 km. They don't want to put atmospheric engines on Alioth.
At the same time, I would like to express my deep respect to those builders who designate their towers with light elements (voxels). It is difficult to crash into such even blindly.

I'm aware about two maybe three really problematic towers - ie ones which you can run into - on Alioth.
3000m plus? There are two space elevators that i know about which have something near to this height. 
I'm not sure why you are talking about "everyone" here. 
As long as those won't be on every second tile around market i don't see a problem. And even then, it would be enough to add space station markets (finally). 

10 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

Some of the towers are not exactly easy to spot, and depending on the mood of the servers they might not even load before it is to late.

two_towers.jpg

Where is your radar? I failed to see any radar. Your point about stuff visible too late is not applicable if you have radar. Stuff with radar is visible always regardless if voxels, mesh or elements loaded in. 

Edit : we still need atmo and space navigation radar or ability to put both XS versions onto the same chair. That is a problem - not towers or space stations.
Edit2: low visibility always wouldn't be a problem, unless you can somehow miss string of orange and blue icons on whole screen. 

Flying with radar in a crowded area (like close to districts) is not a pleasant experience, and can easily cause information overload which is just as bad as to little information.

The easy solution would be if static voxels also took damage in collisions tearing down towers, but this cannot happen since it would instantly turn into acts of war inside safe zones.

3 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Flying with radar in a crowded area (like close to districts) is not a pleasant experience, and can easily cause information overload which is just as bad as to little information.

Soo actually see what are you flying around is too much? xD Sorry man, but thats kind of silly - as far as i can tell, you don't want to see what you are flying towards, you want to have nothing in your flight path so you can't crash flying blind? What next - limit number of ships in sky when it becomes crowded so you won't crush into someone you didn't see flying half blind or remove collisions between ships?
Its actually kind of funny where your logic could be taken. 
Tools you need are already there. You just don't want to use them so you need to force everyone to accept new rules. No, thanks.

3 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

There is this little thing called immersion that some people seek in games, that is totally ruined by those flat harsh icons floating all over the screen.

Well, you are free to be even more immersed. Fly as passenger. That way you won't have to deal with that troubling thing like actual piloting and all the usual hassle that include - like radar... - and than be immersed in sightseeing.... <rotfl> More immersion by flying without radar. Sorry mate, but I can't imagine pilot who would want to fly without knowing what is around him in any age or sci-fy settings. Fact that flying without radar is actually dangers is immersive. Not the other way around.