First true content patch theory

Guest Hodgydot

Guest Hodgydot

What are we thinking will be the next confirmed added content Into DU ? Or big update you expect first? Personally I see an update around US Thanksgiving time but not sure what to expect really. 

3 hours ago, Guest Hodgydot said:

What are we thinking will be the next confirmed added content Into DU ? Or big update you expect first? Personally I see an update around US Thanksgiving time but not sure what to expect really. 

December - NQ isn't going to release a content patch that competes for attention with Cyberpunk....

6 hours ago, Guest Hodgydot said:

6-8 months from now NQ will introduce territory warfare and space combat v2, they also want to try and move new solar system forward because they were talked into not changing the current planets to their new tech (because it's "good enough and boohoo we'd lose our work and buildings) but still want to introduce it so it's just tagged onto the list of things "to do".

they also have a list of issue to resolve and mechanics to balance which will probably take months to complete on its own.

So they pretty much will need to find a way to squeeze a year of work into 6-8 months and in the process also keep the game interesting enough for subs to stick around come December in order to keep the lights on come 2021.

All IMO obviously as what do I know (but pretty sure I am not far off)..

48 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

because they were talked into not changing the current planets to their new tech

Wait, what?!

No! WTF ... I was so looking forward to that - making the planets actually INTERESTING and worth exploring not just this bland industry-crap all around.

1 minute ago, Niemand said:

see you are dumb as a brick. same goes for cyberpunk

Not really, GTA is an old game in a completely different genre, Cyberpunk is a new, much hyped releasing an a similar genre to DU (although single player).  I would agree that cyberpunk will hit the playerbase more than GTA.

3 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

No! WTF ... I was so looking forward to that - making the planets actually INTERESTING and worth exploring not just this bland industry-crap all around.

According to JC, the current planets are "good enough" so they "decided" to not put the new tech in and as a result not do the partial wipe for it.

Frankly, if a dev says that something is "good enough" when it's clearly function but could be much better, there is other reasons and as he instantly also said that they intend to get new planets in sooner for me that means they were asked to not do the new tech as the wipe would mean more work and potential loss of  claimed tiles as these would be reset as well (with TU returned to inventory.

Settling for less when you know you can do better and have the tech to me is a big red flag and NQ made the wrong choices there and sacrificed the quality of their game for the benefit of some of the player base who have their ear.

2 hours ago, blazemonger said:

Settling for less when you know you can do better and have the tech to me is a big red flag and NQ made the wrong choices there and sacrificed the quality of their game for the benefit of some of the player base who have their ear.

Right? It's called thinking ahead. If you know that things will be upgraded in the future, build them so they can be...updated in the future.

Don't claim it is because players want to keep their stuff...it's because you didn't think about how to future-proof the tech. 

Let's hope that they think about this more with the next updates...because we're not even out of beta yet, they shouldn't introduce "legacy" type content before public release lol.