NQ please give Clarification of Server wipe after Beta on Full Release

Buffalo_Bill

This is not about a wipe during Beta, but a wipe from the transition of Beta to Full Release. Could we please get clarification on whether or not there will be a wipe on Full Release. I have been planning on there being a wipe, but after reading some forum posts it does not seem clear. I am personally for a wipe, but I've been playing since pre-alpha. However, I believe new players who are getting the game need to clearly understand whether or not there will be a wipe. Also if there will not be a wipe claiming territories becomes much more important. NQ, please clarify.

54 minutes ago, carijay766 said:

JC said there will be no more wipes anymore, worst case a temporal rollback to the latest backup if they mess up worse than now.

It didn't seem clear to me whether he was talking about wipes during the beta or including the transition between beta to full release. I searched the forum before posting this to see if there was an answer but other people also seemed confused on the subject. JC made it clear he does not want a wipe during beta but he did not clarify whether or not there would be a wipe on full release.

"From now on no more wipes" also im pretty sure a wipe at this point, especially considering people are paying, would be devastating. But again with NQ anything can happen as we see theyre completely random and justify their randomness with ridiculous reasons.

I agree that since people are paying monthly now they need to make it abundantly clear. I haven't been putting much time into Dual because I'm use to the wipes, but now I'm questioning that they many not do a wipe before full release. If so I'll put more time in the game and suggest the game to my friends. I believe I'm correct that this game mainly appeals to adults who have busy lives who do not want to invest copious amounts of time into Dual if it will be wiped.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Bill said:

This is not about a wipe during Beta, but a wipe from the transition of Beta to Full Release. Could we please get clarification on whether or not there will be a wipe on Full Release. I'm have been planning on there being a wipe, but after reading some forum posts it does not seem clear. I am personally for a wipe, but I've been playing since pre-alpha. However, I believe new players who are getting the game need to clearly understand whether or not there will be a wipe. Also if there will not be a wipe claiming territories becomes much more important. NQ, please clarify.

This is the only question i had when joining the beta and the answer it was written text and voice that...there wont be any wipes. IF and only IF there will be wipes those can be IF > you build inside the mountain (meshing) and when biomes comes the biome will be on top of your base and landscape it will change. Thats the case where your base will be gone and you will receive Magical Blueprint (with elements and components) ready to be deployed somewhere else. Other than that i dont see the wipe coming especially with how NQ dealed with past problems.

o7

I think tricky part, that even if we will have no more per se wipes, game mechanics/balance/disign may (and probably will) change so drammaticly, that it can make some of our assets/achievments less relevant over time.

So we must be ready to some losses anyway.

They will never give a clear answer because they need plausible deniability, otherwise this topic would be addressed on the roadmap page.

Also paying for the game does not somehow prevent the devs from resetting it, what kind of logic is that? This is a beta TEST, whatever happens happens. The purpose of this test is to make a viable product for the release, not have people claim territory and tier 5 ore in a weird fit of e-hoarding.

Like I said Dumpeet, I hope they do a reset but it seems like they are getting pressured into not doing a reset. I also think new players don't understand the importance of wipes or that wipes are even on the table just from reading other forum posts. It seems like new players who have to pay monthly are assuming they will keep all their progress and will leave the game if there is another reset. NQ needs to make this clear so the community doesn't take a hit if they need to wipe.

I risk repeating myself but they are not giving us a proper response exactly because they want to keep the people who would quit over a wipe AND the people who would quit over not wiping the world come release. At least until the release is a month away and dodging the question would be no longer possible.

Telling people that there will be no wipe will just give them another reason to press NQ for territory warfare because they missed out on all the good tiles. It will also turn away new people who don't want to play on an Alioth covered in air platforms and endless pitfalls.

Telling people that there will be a wipe will cause a shitstorm among entitled zoomers who will proceed to bash the game online for no reason (even though there are plenty of valid reasons to do so).

2 hours ago, dumpeet said:

I risk repeating myself but they are not giving us a proper response exactly because they want to keep the people who would quit over a wipe AND the people who would quit over not wiping the world come release. At least until the release is a month away and dodging the question would be no longer possible.

Telling people that there will be no wipe will just give them another reason to press NQ for territory warfare because they missed out on all the good tiles. It will also turn away new people who don't want to play on an Alioth covered in air platforms and endless pitfalls.

Telling people that there will be a wipe will cause a shitstorm among entitled zoomers who will proceed to bash the game online for no reason (even though there are plenty of valid reasons to do so).

And because they have no vision for the game, theyre playing it by the ear. Which from an game development point of view is again very amateurish - we all have seen what their spontanious and panic driven decisions lead to.

Who has no vision for the game? And what exactly have they said or done to make you write that?

17 minutes ago, carijay766 said:

And because they have no vision for the game, theyre playing it by the ear. Which from an game development point of view is again very amateurish - we all have seen what their spontanious and panic driven decisions lead to.

2 minutes ago, Eleete said:

Who has no vision for the game? And what exactly have they said or done to make you write that?

Errrr beating around the bush like that?! Not being able to give clear statements at where this game is going if something will actually happening or not, JC jabbering inconsistent nonsense etc. etc.

47 minutes ago, Eleete said:

And what exactly have they said or done to make you write that?

Have you played the actual game for more than an hour? I don't believe that you'd still ask that question if you have.

1 hour ago, dumpeet said:

Have you played the actual game for more than an hour? I don't believe that you'd still ask that question if you have.

What should i do with this post since its not shareable knowledge and nobody has any benefits from your post. try again

2 hours ago, carijay766 said:

Errrr beating around the bush like that?! Not being able to give clear statements at where this game is going if something will actually happening or not, JC jabbering inconsistent nonsense etc. etc.

Play Beta screen has a pretty cool roadmap. All the interviews are hints for whats coming. He even gave hints about planetary pvp. What kind of questions you have atm ?

1 minute ago, Eleete said:

its not shareable knowledge

Didn't you get the memo? NDA is over, you can actually talk about the game now. Except there isn't much to talk about outside of bugs on top of exploits on top of lag.

I do find it interesting how NQ hasn't yet responded to any of the multiple posts asking for clarification on a wipe since the full beta launch. This shows to me that they still aren't fully sure that a wipe is off the table. This is speculation but I think NQ has seen all the exploits and imbalances that players have been using (not to mention the 2-year puzzle being solved) and are starting to consider a release wipe. They definitely don't want to lose their current player base of paying subs because they are very low on resources right now, but they have to balance that with the idea of creating a functioning, fair universe. It's a hard position to be in and I can't think of a better solution than leaving us in the dark if they are considering a wipe but also want the resources to develop the game toward launch.

If I were NQ I would raise the current sub price. Price affects game popularity a lot less than people think it does and $7 a month is way too cheap for the new tech that they are developing.

I think its rather contrary and they already have quite set plan.

It will be hybrid solution with addition of new system at release (where all new players start, with new sacnt and new fancy planets), so it will be prestine world for them to have this "fresh" feeling. At say time they allow old players to keep their less relevant "old wealth" in old system, potentialy making transit hard affair (or not possible for some time, like 1 m).

NQ just keep silence, to not be tormented with million questions about and have some breathing space with details of realisation.

I think there should be a wipe for sure, Beta and full release is 2 different things. And seeing all theses planets now all zones taken for new comers its hard as well. On fresh full game release for everyone have a fresh fair start would be amazing.
People who have played here from day 1 will of course say no to it as they don't wanna loose all that progress that they have earned, but it is beta.

3 hours ago, ViktorFr said:

People who have played here from day 1 will of course say no to it as they don't wanna loose all that progress that they have earned, but it is beta.

They don't realize how much of a difference in-game knowledge and blueprints make. If you wiped everything right now, current players would be back to their own devices within a week while newcomers are still playing with dirt on Alioth and struggling to make a viable atmo ship a month later.