Login timeout and How do we know if server is down

Underhook

Hi, just had a forced 5 days offline due to PC dying and the replacement MB being faulty.  Lucky me.

Just tried to get into the game.  You know, I have to check that at least talents are training.

Anyway.  Login timeout, again and again.

I thought maybe the server is down but then do they communicate that anywhere but in game?  How are we supposed to know if the server is down.

So, is my server timeout issue an issue a lot of people are having and should I make a support ticket or is the server just down currently.  Cant find any info on the forum.

EDIT:

I since found a forum post about timeout.  I rebooted my modem and was able to login into the game.  Was that why, I dont know but if your having issues it might be worth a try.

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.dualuniverse.game/server-status

Rebooting routers for the win.

For other times if modem reboot does not fix, then clear game cache,  if no fix, then reinstall. I had login issues once after clearing cache and had to reinstall. It worked so again, just my exp.

o7

On 10/21/2020 at 11:30 AM, Underhook said:

EDIT:

I since found a forum post about timeout.  I rebooted my modem and was able to login into the game.  Was that why, I dont know but if your having issues it might be worth a try.

I have a guess that the external IP you use can some how get blocked on the DU servers.  Maybe they record it and if you CTD/Disco then it doesn't clear this record lock causing it to be blocked in the future.  The reason I say this is that I have this issue with my home network right now but, if I fire up a VPN (Nord) and keep swapping VPN exit points I can eventually find one that allows me to connect.

I've tried rebooting my cable modem but it keeps coming back with the same IP.  That's great for other reasons (yay!) but bad for this particular issue as right now I am unable to connect without spending 20 minutes choosing random Nord VPN locations.  Of course, if I'm right, then eventually all my VPN points will be used and I'll be locked out completely.

Whatever the issue is caused by, it's fuxing annoying and needs to be at the top of the bug list - if you can't actually get in to a game then bugs INSIDE the game are largely irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Stuza said:

I have a guess that the external IP you use can some how get blocked on the DU servers.  Maybe they record it and if you CTD/Disco then it doesn't clear this record lock causing it to be blocked in the future.  The reason I say this is that I have this issue with my home network right now but, if I fire up a VPN (Nord) and keep swapping VPN exit points I can eventually find one that allows me to connect.

I've tried rebooting my cable modem but it keeps coming back with the same IP.  That's great for other reasons (yay!) but bad for this particular issue as right now I am unable to connect without spending 20 minutes choosing random Nord VPN locations.  Of course, if I'm right, then eventually all my VPN points will be used and I'll be locked out completely.

Whatever the issue is caused by, it's fuxing annoying and needs to be at the top of the bug list - if you can't actually get in to a game then bugs INSIDE the game are largely irrelevant.

If you haven't done it, could you please create detailed ticket in support system than nag the hell out of discord help channel stuff (including your ticket number and giving them as much details as possible too, especially about the ip) until they acknowledge that they passed your ticket or say that NQ is aware about the problem? I know its not straight forward way of doing stuff but one I found to be workable to get through what i assume is sea of dozensplicated tickets ;)  . 

3 minutes ago, Elrood said:

If you haven't done it, could you please create detailed ticket in support system than nag the hell out of discord help channel stuff (including your ticket number and giving them as much details as possible too, especially about the ip) until they acknowledge that they passed your ticket or say that NQ is aware about the problem? I know its not straight forward way of doing stuff but one I found to be workable to get through what i assume is sea of dozensplicated tickets ;)  . 

Already done and working with Support right now via email.  Just sent a load of files through to them after running some network script they linked to.

In addition, I've just tried the list in another thread that resets network stack etc and all completed successfully.  Now re-downloading but where I am right now the internet is pretty dire at this time of night so it will be hours before I can run the game again.

1 minute ago, Stuza said:

Already done and working with Support right now via email.  Just sent a load of files through to them after running some network script they linked to.

In addition, I've just tried the list in another thread that resets network stack etc and all completed successfully.  Now re-downloading but where I am right now the internet is pretty dire at this time of night so it will be hours before I can run the game again.

Great news :D While i may be a little hesitant to trust NQ on gameplay issues, I'm sure technical ones they can sort out fast. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 6:21 PM, Elrood said:

Great news :D While i may be a little hesitant to trust NQ on gameplay issues, I'm sure technical ones they can sort out fast. 

Sadly, they haven't.  And now the Support team are ignoring my emails so, I'm trying for a refund - if I can get someone to answer!