Jump to content
GraXXoR

Disappointed with Container Optimization Skill

Recommended Posts

I have container optimisation at Level 5 which should reduce cargo mass by 25%... But I'm seeing 10.07t and 5.04kg for a for a static core and 1L of hematite respectively in my L5 "buffed" container and the engineer report showing 10.07t / 5.04kg respectively for the cargo... Does this skill actually work or is it doing an NQ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

I have container optimisation at Level 5 which should reduce cargo mass by 25%... But I'm seeing 10.07t and 5.04kg for a for a static core and 1L of hematite respectively in my L5 "buffed" container and the engineer report showing 10.07t / 5.04kg respectively for the cargo... Does this skill actually work or is it doing an NQ? 

Oh god - this better not be the case - I'm sinking the nearly a month to get it right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Oh god - this better not be the case - I'm sinking the nearly a month to get it right now...

I have tested a ship with a full container... the mass of the ship seems to be calculated as 100% not 75% cargo mass..

Oh well, 1 month of wasted skills...   I'm actually near burnout on this game and it hasn't even come out of beta yet.  And this is coming from someone who plays Star Citizen. LOL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sephiroth000 said:

Did you place those containers again after getting the skill? If I remember right it was one of those "on placement" skills.

Naturalment.  tried with "new" containers as will as the standard pick up and undo method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no access to the game right now. If you refer to the one where the tanks can store more fuel on placement, then yes. But you have to remove them and place them again afterwards in your ship (entering build mode, removing the tank and pressing undo does work IF the tank is empty). I didn't check if the weight is calculated correctly though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2020 at 12:39 AM, TrueShoba said:

I have no access to the game right now. If you refer to the one where the tanks can store more fuel on placement, then yes. But you have to remove them and place them again afterwards in your ship (entering build mode, removing the tank and pressing undo does work IF the tank is empty). I didn't check if the weight is calculated correctly though.

I think he is talking about the one that reduces the mass/weight of fuel in the tank and not the one that increases capacity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Underhook said:

I think he is talking about the one that reduces the mass/weight of fuel in the tank and not the one that increases capacity

 

Yeah, how dumb is that "-5% mass when put down". What do you mean when put down? So, we would have to first wait for days or weeks to train the talents abd only then build our ships or used our containers, because the mass will be reduced only when we "put down" the container. The same is valid for atmo brakes and some other elements. 

 

Imagine how stupid this is: I would now have to completely dismantle the ship in order to "put down" the elements again. And most of them are enclosed in voxels or painstakingly aligned - a process which took a lot of time in my case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Imagine how stupid this is: I would now have to completely dismantle the ship in order to "put down" the elements again. And most of them are enclosed in voxels or painstakingly aligned - a process which took a lot of time in my case. 

You can remove the element and hit backspace to undo, this will apply current talents.

 

@Haunty I tested everything, it is apparently working.

containers:

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

fuel tanks:

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by Ater Omen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

My character is skulking up in tank optimisation atm. Will test when I next play. 

My Atmos M tank capacity just went from 1600 up to 2560L so that aspect works at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 11:03 PM, Ater Omen said:

Values are correct aswell.

I'm sorry, what does that mean? Lua gives the correct values also.. and the skill doesn't apply, or does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

I'm sorry, what does that mean? Lua gives the correct values also.. and the skill doesn't apply, or does?

Values are equal to the expected result when talents apply, so yea it applys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK... I figured out what was wrong... It's not the containers that have to be levelled up, it's the container hub!
You can level up the container hub and link it to vanilla containers and you get the beefed up weight reduction.

If you have containers with L5 mass reduction linked to a vanilla hub, they lose the weight reduction "power"...

Phew mystery solved.... Even if it is really counter intuitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

And all of it perfectly sound physics following the laws of conservation...  err..

You mean teleportation devices called container hubs?
Interdimensional elevators? 
Or tesseract like containers? :D
Or warp? :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 10:43 AM, sHuRuLuNi said:

 

Yeah, how dumb is that "-5% mass when put down". What do you mean when put down? So, we would have to first wait for days or weeks to train the talents abd only then build our ships or used our containers, because the mass will be reduced only when we "put down" the container. The same is valid for atmo brakes and some other elements. 

 

Imagine how stupid this is: I would now have to completely dismantle the ship in order to "put down" the elements again. And most of them are enclosed in voxels or painstakingly aligned - a process which took a lot of time in my case. 

Now imagine replacing all of your industry units :v

Seriously this is one of the worst mechanics I've seen in a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2020 at 3:43 AM, sHuRuLuNi said:

 

Yeah, how dumb is that "-5% mass when put down". What do you mean when put down? So, we would have to first wait for days or weeks to train the talents abd only then build our ships or used our containers, because the mass will be reduced only when we "put down" the container. The same is valid for atmo brakes and some other elements. 

 

Imagine how stupid this is: I would now have to completely dismantle the ship in order to "put down" the elements again. And most of them are enclosed in voxels or painstakingly aligned - a process which took a lot of time in my case. 

All you need to do is delete the element and then backspace to undo, and it will get the improvement. But I wish you could just apply it in-place by right-clicking the element, or just update the whole ship and all of its elements at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Haunty said:

All you need to do is delete the element and then backspace to undo, and it will get the improvement. But I wish you could just apply it in-place by right-clicking the element, or just update the whole ship and all of its elements at once.

Yeah, but you will lose all the links, name of the element and for Industry elements you will also lose the recipe and Production Mode. For large factories this is kind of bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...