Disappointed with Container Optimization Skill

Jinxed

I have container optimisation at Level 5 which should reduce cargo mass by 25%... But I'm seeing 10.07t and 5.04kg for a for a static core and 1L of hematite respectively in my L5 "buffed" container and the engineer report showing 10.07t / 5.04kg respectively for the cargo... Does this skill actually work or is it doing an NQ? 

14 minutes ago, GraXXoR said:

I have container optimisation at Level 5 which should reduce cargo mass by 25%... But I'm seeing 10.07t and 5.04kg for a for a static core and 1L of hematite respectively in my L5 "buffed" container and the engineer report showing 10.07t / 5.04kg respectively for the cargo... Does this skill actually work or is it doing an NQ? 

Oh god - this better not be the case - I'm sinking the nearly a month to get it right now...

24 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Oh god - this better not be the case - I'm sinking the nearly a month to get it right now...

I have tested a ship with a full container... the mass of the ship seems to be calculated as 100% not 75% cargo mass..

Oh well, 1 month of wasted skills...   I'm actually near burnout on this game and it hasn't even come out of beta yet.  And this is coming from someone who plays Star Citizen. LOL.

38 minutes ago, Sephiroth000 said:

Did you place those containers again after getting the skill? If I remember right it was one of those "on placement" skills.

Naturalment.  tried with "new" containers as will as the standard pick up and undo method.

I have no access to the game right now. If you refer to the one where the tanks can store more fuel on placement, then yes. But you have to remove them and place them again afterwards in your ship (entering build mode, removing the tank and pressing undo does work IF the tank is empty). I didn't check if the weight is calculated correctly though.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:39 AM, TrueShoba said:

I have no access to the game right now. If you refer to the one where the tanks can store more fuel on placement, then yes. But you have to remove them and place them again afterwards in your ship (entering build mode, removing the tank and pressing undo does work IF the tank is empty). I didn't check if the weight is calculated correctly though.

I think he is talking about the one that reduces the mass/weight of fuel in the tank and not the one that increases capacity

2 hours ago, Underhook said:

I think he is talking about the one that reduces the mass/weight of fuel in the tank and not the one that increases capacity

Yeah, how dumb is that "-5% mass when put down". What do you mean when put down? So, we would have to first wait for days or weeks to train the talents abd only then build our ships or used our containers, because the mass will be reduced only when we "put down" the container. The same is valid for atmo brakes and some other elements. 

Imagine how stupid this is: I would now have to completely dismantle the ship in order to "put down" the elements again. And most of them are enclosed in voxels or painstakingly aligned - a process which took a lot of time in my case. 

1 hour ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Imagine how stupid this is: I would now have to completely dismantle the ship in order to "put down" the elements again. And most of them are enclosed in voxels or painstakingly aligned - a process which took a lot of time in my case. 

You can remove the element and hit backspace to undo, this will apply current talents.

@Haunty I tested everything, it is apparently working.

containers:

Spoiler

fuel tanks:

Spoiler

Edited by Ater Omen

OK... I figured out what was wrong... It's not the containers that have to be levelled up, it's the container hub!
You can level up the container hub and link it to vanilla containers and you get the beefed up weight reduction.

If you have containers with L5 mass reduction linked to a vanilla hub, they lose the weight reduction "power"...

Phew mystery solved.... Even if it is really counter intuitive.

On 10/24/2020 at 10:43 AM, sHuRuLuNi said:

Yeah, how dumb is that "-5% mass when put down". What do you mean when put down? So, we would have to first wait for days or weeks to train the talents abd only then build our ships or used our containers, because the mass will be reduced only when we "put down" the container. The same is valid for atmo brakes and some other elements. 

Now imagine replacing all of your industry units :v

Seriously this is one of the worst mechanics I've seen in a game.

On 10/24/2020 at 3:43 AM, sHuRuLuNi said:

All you need to do is delete the element and then backspace to undo, and it will get the improvement. But I wish you could just apply it in-place by right-clicking the element, or just update the whole ship and all of its elements at once.

18 hours ago, Haunty said:

All you need to do is delete the element and then backspace to undo, and it will get the improvement. But I wish you could just apply it in-place by right-clicking the element, or just update the whole ship and all of its elements at once.

Yeah, but you will lose all the links, name of the element and for Industry elements you will also lose the recipe and Production Mode. For large factories this is kind of bad.