“Marketplace Heist” Response

NQ-Naerais

The problem is NQs structure are part of the so called open world sandbox and in no way separated from this. They parttake in the events and proceedings of the game. Its a horrible message if you want a living dynamic open world to punish players for acting within the given system even if NQs structures are involved (and to make things worse NQ failed to set the RDMS correctly, so they even participated in the game with the game mechanics)

Lets have a look at their game pitch and promise to the players base (the main reason many of us joined the game and even backed it in blind faith):

image.png.01d2f134a85d1cb6f5a4a37d9ef062f9.png

image.png.d4f13e6c062577a309699747db41eba5.png

dual.png

The only part of this that is actually is true is that I've never seen such a mismanaged project before.

16 minutes ago, Elrood said:

Check software engineering bug definition. ?Every bug is a developer mistake. I do understand it. You don't know definitions. 

doesnt change the fact :
when u put RDMS on public for all on build/modify, the intended feature is for all to modify / build on it, and thats what happened.
you can elude the question and talk about engineering, the thing is

-devs put public for all on a market's RDMS, and it worked just fine, nothing not intended on that, RDMS worK.

And NQ decided to permaban for bug exploit AND not reporting bug , there is no bug exploit and bugs here, even if players who stole stuff are 100% as  stupid as WC doors, there is no bug exploit.

25 minutes ago, Elrood said:

Check software engineering bug definition. ?Every bug is a developer mistake. I do understand it. You don't know definitions. 

You are correct every bug is a developers mistake, but not every developers mistake is a bug. You dont seem to understand a lot.

Just now, Charlouf said:

doesnt change the fact :
when u put RDMS on public for all on build/modify, the intended feature is for all to modify / build on it, and thats what happened.
you can elude the question and talk about engineering, the thing is

-devs put public for all on a market's RDMS, and it worked just fine, nothing not intended on that, RDMS worK.

And NQ decided to permaban for bug exploit AND not reporting bug , there is no bug exploit and bugs here, even if players who stole stuff are 100% as  stupid as WC doors, there is no bug exploit.

Its actually very simple. 
Was market intended by NQ to be editable? No.
So the fact that its possible to disassembly is a bug.
So act of disassembling the market is abuse of exploit in form of abusing bug.

Was theft of player stuff because of RDMS mistake intended? Yes. So not a bug. So no exploit. 
Also simple. 

Dude this is per definition not a bug this is a human (maybe unintended) mistake and severe negligence and they blamed it on the players instead of sucking it up and solving the situation like adults.

If developers spawn something and then perma ban players for taking it its the worst possible approach you can have. Any other solution would have been reasonable. Aka removing the items that were gained from the mistake (I know it sounds crazy that the devs would actually fix their mistake).

The system behind this was the RDMS is worked perfectly fine. Exploit = abuse of a system that doesnt work like intended. The system behind this was the RDMS is worked perfectly fine. Using the system like its intended = no exploit. Blaming your own mistake on the players = hypocritically amateurish and childish behaviour

10 minutes ago, carijay766 said:

Dude this is per definition not a bug this is a human (maybe unintended) mistake and severe negligence and they blamed it on the players instead of sucking it up and solving the situation like adults.

If developers spawn something and then perma ban players for taking it its the worst possible approach you can have. Any other solution would have been reasonable. Aka removing the items that were gained from the mistake (I know it sounds crazy that the devs would actually fix their mistake).

The system behind this was the RDMS is worked perfectly fine. Exploit = abuse of a system that doesnt work like intended. The system behind this was the RDMS is worked perfectly fine. Using the system like its intended = no exploit. Blaming your own mistake on the players = hypocritically amateurish and childish behaviour

Dude - program - game - doing unintended (by developer) stuff is a bug. Ability to enter market build mode therefore is a bug. Using said bug to disassembly the market is exploiting bug. 

I dont know how to word things easier. Youre really having a hard time to understand basic definitions. I cannot fix missing intelligence. definition of bug ="A software bug is an error, flaw or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways."

Which did not happen at any point in this case. All systems worked as intended, as much as you want to turn this into a bug it isnt. It was pure ingame neglicence within a self declared rule that would put all the responsibility and consequences of ingame neglicene onto the negligent agent, within an even bigger promise of a "fully editable" and "boundless world without limits". Not to forget that NQ has been openly tolerating way more extreme examples (and in this case real exploits and bugs) that were actually not intended systems. And we even had the recent example of a giant RDMS theft where NQ clearly stated again that RDMS theft is legit.

Neglicence is rarely actively intended, but it most certainly doesnt justify the overly harsh reaction in a completely nonsense direction in any way. NQ has shown theyre incapable to react appropiately, incapable to take responsibility and incapable to be a good example. While this randomness might be within the power of NQ, it is the worst possible example you can set and it makes you a tyrant if you want it or not. There are a lot of tyrants and dictators who acted within the laws they made, would you defend their actions because it was "legal" within a made up system disconnected from any reason, responsibility and moral? I dont want to bring politics into this but defending NQs actions based on flawed and vague (sometimes even absolutely contradictory) rules which are constantly reinterpreted to weasel out of situations caused by NQs mistakes and dont give any direction for the project or consumers is not acceptable - this is primitive circular logic/reasoning and doesnt consider the broader picture. NQ isnt even afraid of blatantly lying to all of us about things to make them fit their propaganda (and ignore every evidence there is). There is no way this wont inherently hurt or isn't already hurting the project and playerbase on the long run.

4 hours ago, carijay766 said:

Wanna be white knights to the rescue. Apparently your wish for censorship doesn't happen here. 

And yes we now all this talk will not lead to something unless NQ makes another mistake and sees a Chance to blame it on the players. Their silence now is out of fear obviously. This is exactly the kind of behavior you see in kids - overreact then try to let it blow over by keeping quiet. 

So many assumptions and so many wrong.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:09 PM, NQ-Naerais said:

The players involved did not report this bug to us, but instead simply filled their pockets.

I saw a screenshot of at least one player trying to report this. So there is that

13 minutes ago, Ven said:

I saw a screenshot of at least one player trying to report this. So there is that

Yes its a blatant lie - it has been reported to a staff member who was online at that time. Later on it went public on reddit and was openly discussed and acknowleged by other staff members but no action was taken for hours and hours even after it was out in the open on all official discord channels luring more people into it (who also were perma banned). Some people support NQs lies in ignorance.

1 hour ago, Elrood said:

Its actually very simple. 
Was market intended by NQ to be editable? No.
So the fact that its possible to disassembly is a bug.
So act of disassembling the market is abuse of exploit in form of abusing bug.

Was theft of player stuff because of RDMS mistake intended? Yes. So not a bug. So no exploit. 
Also simple. 

a human mistake on wrong RDMS setting, isnt a in game bug, you can bend the reality all you want, you are still wrong.

OMG.... Every configuration error in every SaaS is actually not a bug..... Thank you! So much! My life is now so much easier. /s ?<facepalm> 
Are you guys lawyers or something? Cause you bend reality like a pro.

Your level argumentation and presentation of evidence to underline it is amazing. Are you french by any chance?

Your simplemindedness is kind of contradicting itself already. Because of you consider "configuration error" a bug, then the players who stole via RDMS theft from that other org must have been bugusers aswell. You see, however you twist and turn things we end up at the same point. That you dont make any sense.

3 minutes ago, carijay766 said:

Are you refering to your postings? They are indeed absolutely low quality trash. But fun to dissect, its so easy.

PS: Your reaction is a nice show of helplessness.

Yours are equally trash. Far be it for me to tell someone how to spend their time, but you aren;t subbed to this game. Are vocally against it. Yet you hang out there.  That comes off as pretty pathetic, and someone who has things going in their life, dont do those sort of things. You come off as a sad Individual  with very low level trolls.  Once again, why are you hear?  Life is too short to waste it hanging around a place you hate.  I do hope things get better for you in your life. 

8 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Yours are equally trash. Far be it for me to tell someone how to spend their time, but you aren;t subbed to this game. Are vocally against it. Yet you hang out there.  That comes off as pretty pathetic, and someone who has things going in their life, dont do those sort of things. You come off as a sad Individual  with very low level trolls.  Once again, why are you hear?  Life is too short to waste it hanging around a place you hate.  I do hope things get better for you in your life. 

For someone who has issues with understanding interconnections they might sure be overwhelming and not possible to compute. You seem to be one of the simpler folks with your name calling and all. Why do I hear? Because I have ears son. Youre hanging out here aswell wasting your time, your illogical contradictions fit the mindset of the average NQ supporter it seems. Sad that you pull me down to ad hominem argumentation. But I guess thats the level the an ignorant NQ supporter wants to be on, so I do my best to involve you in the discussion aswell - I will make it simple for you and wont use so many big words - I promise.

Just now, carijay766 said:

For someone who has issues with understanding interconnections they might sure be overwhelming and not possible to compute. You seem to be one of the simpler folks with your name calling and all. Why do I hear? Because I have ears son. Youre hanging out here aswell wasting your time, your illogical contradictions find the mindset of the average NQ supporter it seems.

I'm here cause I enjoy DU, and im subbed.  You aren't smart enough to understand that?  You just wanna troll the forums of a niche game? Like I said, you do you, but you come off as super pathetic. 

7 hours ago, isthisww2 said:

I wont ever be buying this game. It was your own fault. Its ok for players to do it to each other but not allowed to do it to you. Then you directly use them as examples rather then timing them. Reminds me of someone from the 40s, hmm. 

EDIT: let me re word this so you can understand. It was ok for players to exploit each other, but was wrong from players to exploit the market 15. While days prior were seeing others being praised for doing set exploitation. Then when development team made a mistake. Karma caused PLAYERS TO EXPLOIT them in the exact same manner. Devs ruling; GETTEM OUTTTA HERE!
Do you not see the parallels here?
I will be staying away from DU and nova thats for sure. Got enough pain in my life with Kakao Pearl Abyss and CCP, I do not need to suffer more. o7 good luck all fly safe.

Alt account?  7 hours old at the time of posting.. 

TTFN.

Just now, carijay766 said:

Again: look who is talking. Go play my child. :)

Ahhh seems ive gotten to you.  See normal people spend time in places they enjoy, and doing things they enjoy.  You've already said you've gotten a refund and DU isn't for you. Fair enough.  No problems there. But you continue to shit up the forums, troll, and talk shit about the devs and NQ.  People with underlying problems exhibit the kind of behavior that you are doing right now.  Hopefully things get better in your life. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Ahhh seems ive gotten to you.  See normal people spend time in places they enjoy, and doing things they enjoy.  You've already said you've gotten a refund and DU isn't for you. Fair enough.  No problems there. But you continue to shit up the forums, troll, and talk shit about the devs and NQ.  People with underlying problems exhibit the kind of behavior that you are doing right now.  Hopefully things get better in your life. 

Again: look who is talking.  You even respond to my one liner with multiple lines. Who is wasting time here exactly, I dont even read past sentence one in your posts.