“Marketplace Heist” Response

NQ-Naerais

Just now, Piratetrader said:

We don't need them in the first place if all they want to do is ruin a game I have backed since day 6 of Kick Starter. There is game play, and then there is malicious intent. Which one do you think this is? I think it was malicious intent to do the game harm.  It only matters what NQ things and I and thousand of others full hardily support this ban.

Good day and pls go away.

So why so many other people are still playing? :P Sorry man, you malicious intent is not working. Unless only braking NQ stuff is malicious intent.

1 minute ago, Mordgier said:

You keep calling it an exploit.

Pressing B isn't an exploit.

This is a typical phrase of those who exploit vulnerabilities, that the B button was available, so that it would become available, you need to apply additional illegal actions

1 minute ago, Piratetrader said:

We don't need them in the first place if all they want to do is ruin a game I have backed since day 6 of Kick Starter. There is game play, and then there is malicious intent. Which one do you think this is? I think it was malicious intent to do the game harm.  It only matters what NQ things and I and thousand of others full hardily support this ban.

Good day and pls go away.

Agreed. Fuck them.  I'm all for anarachy thats within game rules.  But if you find a bug/exploit/whatever especially during Beta, report it and dont abuse it.  I played almost 2 years during alpha and did everything I could to report issues that came up.  Seriously, fuck these guys, and fuck the people who have yet to be banned using bugs and exploits. 

"We don't need them in the first place if all they want to do is ruin a game I have backed since day 6 of Kick Starter."

And who decides that? If the game falls apart this easily, then who's fault is it in the end? If this is a beta, and an issue is unveiled in a way that can't be simply ignored, how is that "ruining the game?" If this was done to "YOU", how would you react when NQ just brushed it aside?

Usually i'm on NQ's side for most things but this is pretty much the definition of "righteous justice" .

All this due to your horrendous RDMS system which is highly suceptable to exploits.

You think losing a Market is a big deal but some of us lost days, weeks, hell even months of work from these holes in the system.

We got people making tickets, creating Forum posts for days in a row only for our concerns to be met with absolute silence?

Perhaps it's time to take a step back, if you want a system that rewards scammers and exploiters at least do the courtesy and offer some basic countermeasures.

@NQ-Naerais, you realize this makes you look like hypocrites, correct?

https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016890940-Clarification-Regarding-Bug-Exploits-and-Griefing

Theft Via RDMS: RDMS permissions and settings are the sole discretion of each player. We advise you take the time to get to know and understand the system and be cautious when making a construct or element usable by unknown players, including the use of your friends list. Not every player has your best interest at heart. We can not get involved with permission based theft, whether as an individual or an organization. We encourage you to review your friends list each time you add or remove someone and ensure your construct permissions are set accordingly. The context menu options that set public access currently do not have a confirmation prompt, be careful as setting public access to said construct will allow every player in Dual Universe to go into build mode and remove/place elements and voxels. 

Aphelia owns the markets. Aphelia is a player, as evidenced by the fact I can add them as a contact and add them to RDMS policies and they're listed as a player there.

image.png.a9b6b6968c36db19292264e257ab3ec1.png

Dual_EE7EsBsxlv.png.3c8a72d7c86eb8bda7474bd2178518c7.png

Come on. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Its pretty simple. You find an exploit, you report it.  You don't keep exploiting it yourself, regardless of how long it takes NQ to fix it.  You and the guys who did it aren't fucking programmers on this game.  So you dont know with any certainty how long it would take to fix even with reported.  If you are too stupid to understand this, then thats on you.  

You are forgetting that theft VIA RDMS not being set correctly is allowed. This was far from an exploit if it is allowed. They are setting a double standard here. I do imagine its not them not having a blue print, but having to relink those market modules to the market database manually. Even still,  they should not ban a player because of "Theft via RDMS is allowed".

NQ quote here,  "  RDMS permissions and settings are the sole discretion of each player. We advise you take the time to get to know and understand the system and be cautious when making a construct or element usable by unknown players, including the use of your friends list. Not every player has your best interest at heart. "

its hypocritical.

Look here. You can't have it one way and another.
https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016890940-Clarification-Regarding-Bug-Exploits-and-Griefing

1 minute ago, tritan67 said:

You are forgetting that theft VIA RDMS not being set correctly is allowed. This was far from an exploit if it is allowed. They are setting a double standard here. I do imagine its not them not having a blue print, but having to relink those market modules to the market database manually. Even still,  they should not ban a player because of "Theft via RDMS is allowed".

NQ quote here,  "  RDMS permissions and settings are the sole discretion of each player. We advise you take the time to get to know and understand the system and be cautious when making a construct or element usable by unknown players, including the use of your friends list. Not every player has your best interest at heart. "

its hypocritical.

Look here. You can't have it one way and another.

Its not hypocritical, NQ is NOT A PLAYER. Jesus christ the people on these forums are half retarded.

1 hour ago, Eruend the SkyReaper said:

"We don't need them in the first place if all they want to do is ruin a game I have backed since day 6 of Kick Starter."

And who decides that? If the game falls apart this easily, then who's fault is it in the end? If this is a beta, and an issue is unveiled in a way that can't be simply ignored, how is that "ruining the game?" If this was done to "YOU", how would you react when NQ just brushed it aside?

1. I would actually apply common sense and know that having edit powers at any market was likely a bug and report it. 

2. I would then not use said edit powers and continue on as normal. 

If folks are unable to apply common sense in these type of games, then the community is better off without them, as these type of players are the ones that create more issues and want to fight, kick, have a tantrum and use the time worn excuses of "but the game let me do it", "the coding sucks! redirect blame to devs!", "my definition of what a bug and exploit is different from the majority of common sense folks, but that doesn't matter!", "where was my warning!! QQ" 

Devs gave a very clear warning weeks ago regarding using unintended gameplay and the use of bugs / exploits, even if the devs had not yet acknowledged it, yet some folks feel their lack of common sense and playing the ignorance card should absolve them from punishment. We don't need these folks in this game. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Its not hypocritical, NQ is NOT A PLAYER. Jesus christ the people on these forums are half retarded.

Different views sir. Not retarded. Double standards that are not clarified in a document way is what is causing the anger for me and probably others. if you say theft via RDMS is allowed then when it happens to a non player entity it is not? There is no clarification on that.

Look at that quote: " Not every player has your best interest at heart. " They know that the mass of players will want to cause harm, they know they have trolls in this game. In the end I find it to be NQs fault for not setting up the RDMS system correctly(a very hard system to use). Why is it OK for destruction of player entities but dev entities are the sacred things? In eve there are events that have destroyed entire alliances and cause players to quit. Losing some items in the market could happen eventually anyhow when we get player made markets. I just don't see the punishment fitting the of crime.

At the very least, reduce his ban till we are out of beta.

2 hours ago, Ater Omen said:

While I find the heist inacceptable, I am shocked by the decision of permaban, a temporary ban (even long) would be better imo. Maybe this has been done to send a message to players for future abuses...

I can agree with this for sure.

Should they have known better, of course they should and I do agree this is not OK in that you should understand you do not raid a market when you find NQ makes a booboo .. It should be clear by now they knew full well they might get into trouble and went ahead anyway. The "pls no ban" sign is a big fat red flag in that regard. That said, the rush from finding out you can actually enter build mode on a market and possibly snoop around can be powerful enough to not initially realize what you are doing.. that comes later which is probably where the sign come from but by then it's too late..

NQ playing the victim here and trying their bad implementation and potential technical fallout on these guys is IMO extremely weak and uncalled for. 

Saying this:

The destruction of the build isn’t a quick fix, and was clearly done knowing it shouldn't be. 

Is really just trying very hard to justify your knee jerk reaction. Restoring the market _SHOULD_ be a quick fix. It should be a case of pasting back a market construct and restoring the links to the database in the backend. The removal of the construct should not have any impact on the player base and their possible buy/sell orders or items they had in the market containers (which seem to be entirely virtual anyway).

Trying to imply that he players deliberately destroyed the market knowing that NQ would have a tough time replacing it and for that very reason (which is what this quote basically says IMO) is at best unprofessional and shows a total lack of ownership by trying to make it all the player's fault. Sorry NQ, but you made a royal booboo here yourself as far as I see it.

NQ placed markets should also not require any RDMS to be set, they should come ready made and hard coded. NQ can spin this all they want but they pretty seriously messed this up and seem to have found a perfect and willing scapegoat to blame it on.

1 minute ago, blazemonger said:

Trying to imply that he players deliberately destroyed the market knowing that NQ would have a tough time replacing it and for that very reason (which is what this quote basically says IMO) is at best unprofessional and shows a total lack of ownership by trying to make it all the player's fault. Sorry NQ, but you made a royal booboo here yourself as far as I see it.

NQ placed markets should also not require any RDMS to be set, they should come ready made and hard coded. NQ can spin this all they want but they pretty seriously messed this up and seem to have found a perfect and willing scapegoat to blame it on.

Agreed

5 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I can agree with this for sure.

Should they have known better, of course they should and I do agree this is not OK in that you should understand you do not raid a market when you find NQ makes a booboo .. It should be clear by now they knew full well they might get into trouble and went ahead anyway. The "pls no ban" sign is a big fat red flag in that regard. That said, the rush from finding out you can actually enter build mode on a market and possibly snoop around can be powerful enough to not initially realize what you are doing.. that comes later which is probably where the sign come from but by then it's too late..

NQ playing the victim here and trying their bad implementation and potential technical fallout on these guys is IMO extremely weak and uncalled for. 

Saying this:

Is really just trying very hard to justify your knee jerk reaction. Restoring the market _SHOULD_ be a quick fix. It should be a case of pasting back a market construct and restoring the links to the database in the backend. The removal of the construct should not have any impact on the player base and their possible buy/sell orders or items they had in the market containers (which seem to be entirely virtual anyway).

Once again you have missed the mark.  You need to stop posting, your "hot takes" are completely trash.  You don't know everything.  But you sure have an attitude like you do. 

Just now, JohnnyTazer said:

Once again you have missed the mark.  You need to stop posting, your "hot takes" are completely trash.  You don't know everything.  But you sure have an attitude like you do. 

This coming from the guy who called the forum half retarded....

Just now, Juisebox said:

You need to stop posting, your "hot takes" are completely trash.  You don't know everything.  But you sure have an attitude like you do. 

Agreed, thats why im just siding with NQ, whos decisions matter.  Ban em. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Even if we don't know everything. MMO is a community driven game. They are making an example out of this player. This is upset the community because how do I know when I might be breaking the rules when the rules are like a maze. Could I be Perma banned next when I find a wrecked ship with incorrect RDMS because it was an NQ ship?

2 hours ago, JohnnyTazer said:

Who knows, certainly no one here in these forums knows, regardless of what they say.  But NQ needs to start somewhere, and hopefully this is a wakeup call.  BANS need to happen, as people will always test the line.  The line should be clearly defined....  Find bug? Use and it dont report? Subject to BAN if found out.  Seems like a good place to start.

Yeah, you'd think so.

I mean, it clearly stated in anti-cheat policy weeks ago that finding a bug and not reporting it was forbidden, exploiting it was also forbidden.

But where were the bans for Desolation for their ship heists?

Oh....?

"Oh, sorry Mr Dev, we thought you intended for us to exploit a bug in the safe zone to drag ships into pvp so we could shoot and claim them."

That is absurd.