Repair is Too Punitive

BaconofWar

It's bad enough that we can get lagged into a crash. It's bad enough that if I accidentally right click while in a landing that my keyboard inputs get ignored when that little interact menu pops up, but it's absolutely abusive to have to hold down a mouse button forever while I am stuck repairing the damage afterwards.  At least with space braking I can put my phone on my ctrl key (toggle plz, thanks) but with repair I am stuck in a long period of holding down a mouse button, mindlessly, until the magic stick heals the ship.

Really, make it like mining and have the middle mouse button lock the repair tool to "on".

Well, my goto solution with tier 1 scrap was just put my headphones pad on mouse left button and go do some chores / read a book for a little while. It took a bit of fiddling but i was able to get hang of it. With tier 2 scrap its already so much quicker I usually do not bother to use this trick unless i'm fixing something L size. Probably tier 3 scrap would solve that problem too. 

I don't like that design - I would much rather swap time for material cost - but it is what it is. 

5 hours ago, Elrood said:

Well, my goto solution with tier 1 scrap was just put my headphones pad on mouse left button and go do some chores / read a book for a little while. ...

I would much rather swap time for material cost

Or you can contact me and I'll send someone out to do it for you, at a cost of course. o/

Until they can really stabilize the server tech, I don't see them moving to element damage anytime soon. For many players it can be quite resource intensive to replace broken elements, as it takes a lot of time to fabricate them. The current scrap system works decently for now, and it would be nice to have some form of toggle feature or use of the MMB to auto repair what your looking at, especially if its a larger HP object. 

If they eventually move into element destruction, hopefully they will let you salvage a good portion of those resources back to help offset replacement costs and limit the amount of time needed to fabricate new replacement elements. 

Step 1: Start the repair process by holding the mouse button down.
Step 2: While still holding the mouse button, alt-tab out of the game. You can then let go of the mouse button.

Step 3: Surf the web, watch netflix, browse the forums, etc while the repairs continue in game until you alt-tab back in.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:42 PM, BaconofWar said:

It's bad enough that we can get lagged into a crash. It's bad enough that if I accidentally right click while in a landing that my keyboard inputs get ignored when that little interact menu pops up, but it's absolutely abusive to have to hold down a mouse button forever while I am stuck repairing the damage afterwards.  At least with space braking I can put my phone on my ctrl key (toggle plz, thanks) but with repair I am stuck in a long period of holding down a mouse button, mindlessly, until the magic stick heals the ship.

Really, make it like mining and have the middle mouse button lock the repair tool to "on".

you allowed to use VoiceAttack  and macro to hold button down

In my opinion, broken components should AT LEAST lose their handling buffs and return to vanilla units when fixed from the RED state to 1hp.
Maybe even with a permanent dynamic attribute that prevents them ever being used as anything but a vanilla asset.

2 hours ago, Jackblackplays said:

google it download it then load the vap file , then it listens to you and does commands for you . also can map keybinds .  google it or youtube it .

when I click your Voice attack profile it says it was removed.