Unknown people took the base

Guest ONIXXX

Its just a bad analogy all round.

A game is not a house. A persistent world is never finished nor bug/exploit free. 
Its their move to put consequences for ignoring the out of game rules about it. 

In b4 "shouldnt have claimed a tile, its pvp game"

4 minutes ago, Samlow said:

Its just a bad analogy all round.

A game is not a house. A persistent world is never finished nor bug/exploit free. 
Its their move to put consequences for ignoring the out of game rules about it. 

In b4 "shouldnt have claimed a tile, its pvp game"

This is all similar to the lyrics, the result so far is that there is a problem in the game, and I'm in the red for 500,000,000, and lost a month of the game, now start all over again? very good tactic, get free for which I still have to pay, would return me immediately quantas, I would not create this theme, play and test this game further, and so I now have no desire to play and pay further rent as I lost everything I had

2 hours ago, genXcQ said:

stop acting as if this were a beta.

We're far from the "beta" state of the 90s and early 2000s.

This isn't even a complete vertical slice.

But the subs helped with a cash injection, wich appears to have been needed.

That being said, the game needs a few more gameplay loops other than mining, because, while it's chilling, Minecraft's mining and building loop is more polished, and modded MC with galacticraft and mekanism is a really good alternative here... lol.

Yeah. I'm about to head back to Gregtech New Horizons. Far more compelling than this.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:41 AM, Guest ONIXXX said:

We have been playing almost since the first days of beta testing, but today there was a very unpleasant situation, a large static L Core, with many factories and resources of about 1 billion was taken away from us on the safe planet Aliot, we just stood and watched as unknown people somehow changed the owner on the core, and robbed us on the planet, please help us solve the problem, since we lost a month of the game, counting on the fact that in the safe zone it is not possible to raider static cores, this is very sad, screenshots of the names of players can provide, who took our base. We checked the rights of RDMS, also tested whether a person not from the organization can change the owner, we did not succeed, we do not have a large organization of 6 people, we have been playing for many years and treachery is excluded, we hope that the administration will take part in resolving the issue

Did your org or someone in the org have ownership of the hex tile your L core factory was on? If so, who all had the rights to make changes to ownership?

Do you personally know all members of your org? 

Were all members of your org present at the time this was taking place? 

This is the first I have heard of any outsider being able to take over someone's factory without having some sort of permission, such as if someone was accidently marked as open use to everyone, it's easy to accidentally make the core accessible to everyone instead. 

Lots of questions I know, but you give very little factual info so I thought I would ask them. 

1 hour ago, Palad1n said:

Did your org or someone in the org have ownership of the hex tile your L core factory was on? If so, who all had the rights to make changes to ownership?

This is the first I have heard of any outsider being able to take over someone's factory without having some sort of permission, such as if someone was accidently marked as open use to everyone, it's easy to accidentally make the core accessible to everyone instead. 

Lots of questions I know, but you give very little factual info so I thought I would ask them. 

There was nothing wrong with the rights and this is not the first case of core hijacking

3 hours ago, Palad1n said:

Permissions have nothing to do with what happened to the OP, this is an exploit that is been use, and you just hear about it cause he posted here but this is not new, it’s months old and has happened to a lot of people, the rest simply didn’t care, or left already.

I keep hearing these stories and they concern me. I demand a proper response and explanation from NQ. Is there really an exploit that could cause anyone to lose their base with no possible way of preventing it? Is the problem known and a fix coming? Are there plans to compensate the players for their losses and punish the perpetrators? If that would be too much work, I would prefer that NQ shut down the server until this is fixed. I have little motivation to keep working on my base, if I can lose it at any time with no possible way to prevent it. Can we make some kind of poll or petition that would get a response from NQ?

26 minutes ago, Tapio Kurki said:

Is there really an exploit that could cause anyone to lose their base with no possible way of preventing it? Is the problem known and a fix coming? Are there plans to compensate the players for their losses and punish the perpetrators?

Players lose bases? NQ is like .. eh, who cares, not our problem right now.

NQ's Aphelia loses a market? PANIC! PERMABAN EVERYONE!

Hi all guys, i'm wondering how long it will take for the MAIN ADMINS to officially respond to this problem. It is really scary to build a base on the L statics core, it is not an easy task, it requires a lot of time and resources. At any moment, the BAD guys can take it, and I can’t stop it (even if I want to), of course, the motivation for playing for many hours is greatly reduced.

Just now, Korban23 said:

Hi all guys, i'm wondering how long it will take for the MAIN ADMINS to officially respond to this problem. It is really scary to build a base on the L statics core, it is not an easy task, it requires a lot of time and resources. At any moment, the BAD guys can take it, and I can’t stop it (even if I want to), of course, the motivation for playing for many hours is greatly reduced.

It depends on how much your org screwed up, if the people who took it were exploiting, and whether their actions violate the current TOS.

5 minutes ago, BaconofWar said:

Это зависит от того, насколько ваша организация облажалась, эксплуатировали ли люди, взявшие ее, и нарушают ли их действия текущие Условия использования.

As I understand it, ALIOT is a safe zone where I can not be afraid of losing anything from the actions of other players (not members of my organization), even if I have one static core and a container on it. It's just that it's not clear now whether there is any sense in hiding the static core or not. The problem is really serious.

1 hour ago, Korban23 said:

As I understand it, ALIOT is a safe zone where I can not be afraid of losing anything from the actions of other players (not members of my organization), even if I have one static core and a container on it. It's just that it's not clear now whether there is any sense in hiding the static core or not. The problem is really serious.

5.2. You must refrain from engaging in any behaviour that could harm NOVAQUARK’s image and/or reputation, that could harm one or more other Users or have a negative impact on their gaming experience, or that is detrimental to the proper functioning of the Game.

Source https://www.dualuniverse.game/legal/eula

4 hours ago, Anopheles said:

I'd like practical ways to avoid this, rather than dev interference and punishment.

Agreed, but they've had time to make a patch that fixes this exploit...

It's hard to patch an exploit when you refuse to even look at the tickets or research the problem.

A very simply "we are aware of these problems and looking into it" would help massively, but instead we don't even know if NQ recognizes this as an issue (even after someone stole a whole market lol). 

NQ wants people to report exploits and bugs instead of taking advantage of them, but then when people do....they ignore it. So sure, making actual fixes to the code to prevent exploits is 10000x better than manual dev intervention, but we can't even get them to acknowledge issues or read tickets...

@ONIXXX you have also lot of player that accitentaly abandon there construct, or don't understant what impact it will have to abandon a construct. so even if you are realy the victim of a bug, your request is merge with hundreds of request of players that just failed and yell for bug to have refound

look how many players make request because they crash a ship, fail a transaction....

personnaly after 2 year of testing, I've never see a way to stole someone base, exept if you give wrong permission to the wrong guy

2 minutes ago, Aranol said:

@ONIXXX you have also lot of player that accitentaly abandon there construct, or don't understant what impact it will have to abandon a construct. so even if you are realy the victim of a bug, your request is merge with hundreds of request of players that just failed and yell for bug to have refound

look how many players make request because they crash a ship, fail a transaction....

personnaly after 2 year of testing, I've never see a way to stole someone base, exept if you give wrong permission to the wrong guy

with RDMS was all right, there was no failure, we were attached to the container that was inside this structure and were engaged in digging, on the minimap the building was orange, after which we lost the linked containers, we went up to the top and saw that the structure was being disassembled, and what RDMS error are we talking about? if the vulnerability is explicitly used

On 10/19/2020 at 7:15 PM, Samlow said:

Stop claiming NQ will not act. They stated they will have zero tolerance going forward. Lets see if thats true

Yer, but it only took them to do so when one of THEIR structures were taken...

Screw the players, don't mess with NQ stuff, that's the impression I got out of this...

8 hours ago, Korban23 said:

Hi all guys, i'm wondering how long it will take for the MAIN ADMINS to officially respond to this problem

I have been waiting for over 4 weeks for an initial response on a ticket I logged for an incident where our containers were emptied while the base was properly locked down.

So I'd say, get in line /s

1 hour ago, blazemonger said:

I have been waiting for over 4 weeks for an initial response on a ticket I logged for an incident where our containers were emptied while the base was properly locked down.

So I'd say, get in line /s

And what was your response? :)