Unknown people took the base

Guest ONIXXX

We have been playing almost since the first days of beta testing, but today there was a very unpleasant situation, a large static L Core, with many factories and resources of about 1 billion was taken away from us on the safe planet Aliot, we just stood and watched as unknown people somehow changed the owner on the core, and robbed us on the planet, please help us solve the problem, since we lost a month of the game, counting on the fact that in the safe zone it is not possible to raider static cores, this is very sad, screenshots of the names of players can provide, who took our base. We checked the rights of RDMS, also tested whether a person not from the organization can change the owner, we did not succeed, we do not have a large organization of 6 people, we have been playing for many years and treachery is excluded, we hope that the administration will take part in resolving the issue

Log a ticket with NQ and hope they get around to it in a month or two ( I have been waiting for a response on the one I created on a theft by outsiders from a locked down base since it was created 19th September)

NQ appears to not be in a hurry to address issues such as these unfortunately

Novaquark will not address the issue anytime soon, and when they do, they will probably NOT do anything about it. So prepare for that.

The best thing you can do is warn people about what happen, because apparently the safezone, is not safe at all.

Post in the Forum, Reddit, Discord, even tag JC and DU on Twitter, Or even contact some game journalist who are covering DU, I'm sure they would be interested in knowing about these issues as well. Their are many people having similar issues, so the more you all speak up, then Novaquark will have no choice but to actually do something.

9 hours ago, Guest ONIXXX said:

we just stood and watched as unknown people somehow changed the owner on the core, and robbed us on the planet

If you press ALT V and make sure players are checked, then press V to toggle the enhanced view, they are no longer "unknown," because you can see their names. Screenshot, then you can post in the forums and chat who these people are. Nobody can do much of anything with "unknown, even though we watched them do it." Not criticizing you, just showing that the community can't respond to people using exploits like this if nobody knows who they are, and given that NQ is apparently not responding to this issue type, vigilante justice is about the only kind you can probably expect.

5 hours ago, Iorail said:

This was reported with step by steps on how to reproduce the third day of soft opening, the ticket was looked at but never responded to and still open right now. The sad part is they won’t do anything about it or punish those involved, good luck OP

If there is a process that is known to be repeatable to make this happen, then are there measures that can be taken for players to block it? That would be great to know.

26 minutes ago, pewpewpew said:

This is a game killer.  Population already thinning out anyways, many people have already stopped playing.

Eh, DU has fundamental issues that are getting people either bored or burned out - stuff like this is just icing on the cake.

Sad reality is that even if these guys didn't get their base stolen, they would have burned out on the drudgery of mining all day to do anything and quit anyway...it just may have taken longer.

I legitimately cannot understand how NQ expects people to 'enjoy' hunting for or mining high tier ore.

1 hour ago, Mordgier said:

Eh, DU has fundamental issues that are getting people either bored or burned out - stuff like this is just icing on the cake.

Sad reality is that even if these guys didn't get their base stolen, they would have burned out on the drudgery of mining all day to do anything and quit anyway...it just may have taken longer.

I legitimately cannot understand how NQ expects people to 'enjoy' hunting for or mining high tier ore.

Pretty much this... It seems JC and NQ are disconnected  from their playerbase. We wanted a game, but all we got is a tech demo- and not even a good one at that!

Want as the author of a topic to answer the question above, about unknown people, unknown meant that I don't know, all the screenshots and the logs provided in the ticket data a complete and detailed explanations, names and corporations who are doing this are already known, I hope soon action will be taken, we even left the player who robbed us and tried obhyasnit that the core was abandoned, but it's all lies, I had an active link to the design container, and then the link disappeared, and I saw these people, that is, the link is gone not just because they did something to the core.

P.S If in the next few days I shall see no response on the ticket and the refund quantas, I will write an article about the gameplay, and I will regret that I bought the subscription to the game, I spent a whole month to earn it, and what the people in 1 hour everything is taken away, Yes, I understand that this is a beta test, but it should not be like a full reset, I'm not willing to risk, so I don't do PVP, but even that did not help me, now the motivation to play it plummeted,,,

stop acting as if this were a beta.

We're far from the "beta" state of the 90s and early 2000s.

This isn't even a complete vertical slice.

But the subs helped with a cash injection, wich appears to have been needed.

That being said, the game needs a few more gameplay loops other than mining, because, while it's chilling, Minecraft's mining and building loop is more polished, and modded MC with galacticraft and mekanism is a really good alternative here... lol.

the discussion swayed into "state of the game territory", so i tried explaining how it is moot. the game is in the state it is.
People using an exploit should be recorded and reported. Dev will take care at some point in time or not, depending on their priorities.

It being a Beta (paid or not) state, i expect lots of exploits on my merry way and my expectations are managed accordingly.

Should the dev not do anything about it, well, up to everyone to make up their own minds about it.

51 minutes ago, Samlow said:

Stop claiming NQ will not act. They stated they will have zero tolerance going forward. Lets see if thats true

People are saying this because of experience, not to troll NQ. 

I hope that the OP has their ticket answered promptly, but the experiences of most players is that it won't happen. 

I can only imagine how frustrating it is....sloppy / bugged game feature means you lose everything, then NQ doesn't place a priority on answering your ticket?

It's a double "screw you" to their customers...every day that they don't answer drives the OP away from the game and encourages the jerks to keep ruining it for other people. 

I am all for people calling out NQ on their absurdly slow response to exploit reports...whatever it takes to get them to actually help their paying customers. 

Fully agree on that th @genXcQ

Manage expectations, be real about dev cycle lengths (things dont change overnight) and hope they back up their clearer stance against exploiters.
And well, track record in the midst of server issues I dont mind giving a slide.

Just now, MechGun said:

Maybe take beta-money? Not real?

Did they force you at gunpoint?

"someone told me i have to pay for rent now, while the house is under construction, if i want to live there later."

And you ... said yes and then aren't happy. hmmmmmmm

In the meantime, 

6 hours ago, Iorail said:

Someone just robbed Market 15, maybe this will get their attention now....

oh and I mean they took the terminals too, just like it’s happening to bases and ships....

I guess that THAT got fixed, because i went to see, and 15 has all terminals and whatnot.

7 minutes ago, genXcQ said:

Did they force you at gunpoint?

"someone told me i have to pay for rent now, while the house is under construction, if i want to live there later."

And you ... said yes and then aren't happy. hmmmmmmm

In the meantime, 

I guess that THAT got fixed, because i went to see, and 15 has all terminals and whatnot.

Not a very good example. 

It's more like if someone lied and said that your house is almost done...so you pay them and realize the foundation isn't even laid.

Then they shrug and say "well we SAID it was still in construction...your fault for misinterpreting, even though we definitely exaggerated in the marketing materials..."  

PS if someone is going to charge you rent for a house that's not remotely livable, that's pretty scammy and unethical...