Road construction system like Cities Skylines

OOM0123

Currently, speeders have to drive in the wilderness where there is no transportation infrastructure.
Navigation is difficult, as it often hits a cliff or falls into a vertical hole.

I want a system that makes it easy to create roads, tunnels and bridges for cityscapes and smooth traffic.
With the cooperation of the players, a situation similar to DEATH STRANDING may be achieved.

The highways that cross the planet and the cities and facilities connected to them will be cool landscapes.

I like a good hover, but I keep hitting hills which are two sharp etc. If the player of a hex was willing they could dig a whole through any rough terrain and make a smooth path even without the assistance of extra roading tools.

itmwould be nice though if there were roading options like roads, lighting etc which could be layed down outside a core, as otherwise you are looking at nine or so large cores just to cross one hex straight for a road.

though I suspect the biggest problem would be getting enough players on board to make a good road system. After all, how many hex’s are probably occupied by people who don’t even play anymore. 

Guess St there is no future for hovers on non flat planets?

Road system rules
1. The road can be installed on the ground regardless of the core.
2. Roads can be freely set up on land that does not belong anywhere.
3. If you set up a road, you will get some kind of reward (linked to traffic volume?).

2 hours ago, OOM0123 said:

Road system rules
1. The road can be installed on the ground regardless of the core.
2. Roads can be freely set up on land that does not belong anywhere.
3. If you set up a road, you will get some kind of reward (linked to traffic volume?).

If you’re interested in such gameplay you should check out Boundless.  Especially number 3.

I reconsidered, but it may be better to assume that the hexes are linked by road as a condition to receive the reward.

One hex can be linked to the surrounding 6 hexes and can be rewarded up to 6 times.
This will prevent the appearance of road-filled hexes for reward purposes only.

I like the idea in theory but it needs some boundaries. A few suggestions:

The "road" is a bit wider than 2 max size S cores.  Only S or XS size ships can travel on it. 

If a ship approaches the road at a shallow angle and a set speed, the ship can merge onto the road in the direction it was going. From there no maneuvering is needed. A ship can exit the road at any time.  

Roads stretch between hubs with up to three tiles between them.   Maximum of two hubs per tile. A player can only build one hub per tile - on tiles they own or unclaimed tiles.

Permission must be granted to attach to another person's hub. A player who owns a tile on a choke point can try to extort money at the risk of loosing potentially valuable traffic. 

I was recently thinking about this in terms of a monorail system. I may suggest it for that purpose but I like a road system as well. 

On 10/18/2020 at 11:39 AM, Anomaly said:

I like the idea in theory but it needs some boundaries. A few suggestions:

The "road" is a bit wider than 2 max size S cores.  Only S or XS size ships can travel on it. 

If a ship approaches the road at a shallow angle and a set speed, the ship can merge onto the road in the direction it was going. From there no maneuvering is needed. A ship can exit the road at any time.  

Roads stretch between hubs with up to three tiles between them.   Maximum of two hubs per tile. A player can only build one hub per tile - on tiles they own or unclaimed tiles.

Permission must be granted to attach to another person's hub. A player who owns a tile on a choke point can try to extort money at the risk of loosing potentially valuable traffic. 

I was recently thinking about this in terms of a monorail system. I may suggest it for that purpose but I like a road system as well. 

I don't think a 200 kph hover can trace narrow roads, so I agree with your idea of self-driving.

I like this idea. Because it is inconvenient to ride a hover over steep terrain, and ships consume fuel. You can make a magnetic highway with a futuristic design in the form of connected vertebrae (like a nanosuit), this is between distracts (and players will be able to make their designs on their own roads). Those. a new item is needed - a superconducting magnet. A block is made from it, as well as a magnetic motor. The magnetic motor does not consume fuel, which is the most important thing. But in the future it will require electricity to work.
Classical transport would not hurt, i.e. you need such elements in the game as: an internal combustion engine, a hybrid engine. Wheels are attached to the engine (via a link), and it is also connected to the fuel tank via a link.
A conventional engine consumes fuel. A hybrid can consume both fuel and electricity in the future. There is also an option for a purely electric motor. Different sizes of motors and wheels.
* - The wheels have hydraulics and springs (robotic mechanisms on the side), which means that through Lua you can adjust the suspension height control, plus the setting of "wheel jumping" and the power of the wheel rotation (an independent parameter from the engine to fine-tune the desired corridor of vehicle speed).
- Cockpit with steering wheel.
- The usual seat of the passenger of the car.
- Round headlights.
- Different car driving skills.

If the transport is on the road, then you can select the destination, and the character in the transport will automatically go

to this point, without the participation of the player. This is done through the context menu. But there is one caveat.

This function does not work if the car driving skill is not developed to at least level 4. Those. this is not available

at the start of the game.

At the second or third level of the driving skill, the ability to automatically overtake the vehicle going in front is unlocked

(using the slice method). To do this, hold down the up arrow and alt. At level 3-4 of the skill, the ability to make

a sharp turn (for motorcycles) when turning the track is unlocked, for this, the same key combination,

only instead of the forward arrow, hold down the right or left arrow.
- Rear vision mirrors.
- Electronic sign for license plate (different sizes).
The numbers themselves for the sign are issued through the dynamic kernel, you need to select "license plate" in the context menu. And the system automatically issues a number for the sign - taking into account where the kernel is at the moment (this is important for the numbers in the sign prefix. That is, the prefix depends on the region). Upon receiving the number, the player spends part of his money. There are also space numbers, they do not have a prefix to the region.
- Cockpit in the form of a motorcycle (the player can make a flying motorcycle with magnets, a hover motorcycle, or a regular wheeled motorcycle out of it). And imagine a motorcycle on the highway, or in the desert, that would be very cool!

But we also need restrictions on the construction of such highways.
- On the highway you can only build: Magnetic blocks. Other blocks (for the foundation). Lighting.

Screens (for setting warning signs, or showing distance and city names as an arrow).
And that is all. Otherwise, players will get too much freedom.