Refund update

Massacher

I contacted Xsolla support and this is their first response:

Hello,

You have reached Xsolla. For this issue in requesting a refund, please contact Dual Universe support using this link https://community.dualthegame.com/contact or https://support.dualthegame.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
The game support will review your request and inform you of their decision. Please note that it can take them several business days to review your request.

Thank you for your patience, we sincerely hope they can resolve your issue and provide you with a refund.

I had already submitted my request using that form. So I don't know why they asked me to do it again?

The next day this is their response:

Hello,

Sorry to hear about your issues. Unfortunately, this purchase is not eligible for a refund on our side. The game support will review your request and inform you of their decision. Please note that it can take them several business days to review your request.
Thank you for your patience.

So am I going to get a refund or not? Who issues them? Xsolla or game support? Whoever that is.

Yes, I have to agree. Being a backer is not the same as a normal subscription. Being a backer is about being willing to supporting the development financially to increase the likelihood of success. So the game would have to be radically different (like completely different or just a plain scam) from what was presented to backers, to make a case for a backer refund.

Subscription refunds on the other hand..

8 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

Yes, I have to agree. Being a backer is not the same as a normal subscription. Being a backer is about being willing to supporting the development financially to increase the likelihood of success. So the game would have to be radically different (like completely different or just a plain scam) from what was presented to backers, to make a case for a backer refund.

Subscription refunds on the other hand..

It's a failure. So I do not want to support it. It's not even close to what was advertised. It's a complete mess. 

Let me ask you. Would you buy a car without windows and doors? That is essentially what the game is now. 

1 hour ago, Massacher said:

It's a failure. So I do not want to support it. It's not even close to what was advertised. It's a complete mess. 

Let me ask you. Would you buy a car without windows and doors? That is essentially what the game is now. 

You are right I would totally expect windows and doors on my completed car... However if I bought a car from the dealer I wouldn't expect windows and doors on it if I pulled it off the assembly line ( beta) to take it for a test spin while it was still being put together.

5 minutes ago, Kloric said:

You are right I would totally expect windows and doors on my completed car... However if I bought a car from the dealer I wouldn't expect windows and doors on it if I pulled it off the assembly line ( beta) to take it for a test spin while it was still being put together.

You guys are really weird.

Cars without windows and doors are way more fun.

ZWHPe52.jpg

5 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

As a backer you did not buy a car. You financed the development of a car, with the hope that it would one day become a great car.

The fact of the matter is they have missed more than one milestone so they are not an efficient team and it shows in the quality of the product. Or lack thereof.

55 minutes ago, Massacher said:

The fact of the matter is they have missed more than one milestone so they are not an efficient team and it shows in the quality of the product. Or lack thereof.

Interesting ... Do carry on, I would really like to hear your thoughts on this.

11 hours ago, Massacher said:

That is an entirely irrelevant analogy

Yes, development has missed several milestones (well, they actually removed or pushed out items from the milestones in order to meet them) and if you would make the case that NQ may well have bitten of more than they can chew and will need far more time then they still think they will to get the initial game "done" I would certainly agree to that. But as it stands, this does not entitle you to anything. You too a "risk" and pledged X amount based on what you saw when you joined back in April. Frankly, as you joined during Alpha 3 you would have had a pretty good idea of where the game would go unless you pledged without much thought at the time. From the moment you pledged the game has also not actually missed any milestones and the roadmap as it was back then is still pretty much in place.

You are not an investor which means that just because the game is not progressing fast enough for you or in the direction you thought it would is unfortunate for you but it does not entitle you to anything. Frankly, I can't help but consider you're just reverse engineering a possible way to get $60 returned to you.

2 hours ago, blazemonger said:

That is an entirely irrelevant analogy

Yes, development has missed several milestones (well, they actually removed or pushed out items from the milestones in order to meet them) and if you would make the case that NQ may well have bitten of more than they can chew and will need far more time then they still think they will to get the initial game "done" I would certainly agree to that. But as it stands, this does not entitle you to anything. You too a "risk" and pledged X amount based on what you saw when you joined back in April. Frankly, as you joined during Alpha 3 you would have had a pretty good idea of where the game would go unless you pledged without much thought at the time. From the moment you pledged the game has also not actually missed any milestones and the roadmap as it was back then is still pretty much in place.

You are not an investor which means that just because the game is not progressing fast enough for you or in the direction you thought it would is unfortunate for you but it does not entitle you to anything. Frankly, I can't help but consider you're just reverse engineering a possible way to get $60 returned to you.

I am an investor. I invested my money and the product doesn't meet my expectations. What you've never heard of investors pulling out?

And it's just under $100.

34 minutes ago, Massacher said:

I am an investor. I invested my money and the product doesn't meet my expectations. What you've never heard of investors pulling out?

And it's just under $100.

I somehow doubt that. You are either user of Kickstarter who used Kickstarter service with some dubious and vague promises which as far as I know are in no way legally binding, or customer of DU who bought access to alpha/beta with some benefits. Neither as far as I know should classify you as an actual investor - for simply reason - you are not going to get any financial profits from NQ success. I'm also sure you have set up legal paperwork necessary to even try to pull your "invested" money out. Unless you have real world paperwork and legal advice to back your claim up? 

Leave fantasy world of what marketing and imagination sold you on and see things as they are, not what you want them to be.
You are a customer who is dissatisfied with service provided. Noting more. 

Buying a pledge pack does not make you an investor. You did not invest money into NQ or DU, you pledged $60 towards the development of DU by paying for an investor pack in return for which you were given a number of perks, including access to the servers during alpha. What makes you think you have an entitlement to a refund at this time?

I'm not NQ obviously but I can next to guarantee you that a request for a refund will not be agreed to. You're free to try as you apparently have, but I would not count on it being issued.

Just now, Saedow said:

I came back a week ago, tried beta, I totally love it, it's going to be a great game!

You're still in your honeymoon period.

When you have literally spent an entire week of your playtime doing nothing but mining every minute of your playtime, you'll change your tune.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:06 PM, Massacher said:

Backs an in development game, is mad game is not at full polish and process during a global pandemic is slower than initial hoped, demands refund because...
Special?

2 minutes ago, carijay766 said:

Right because you dont want to catch corona virus.exe when youre programming in your cellar.

Don't be absurd. It creates massive issues even if you normally work from home. You know simple things like the fact that you may now have to WFH and also watch your kids all day long.