Moving Industry

Lunchbox

Is there a guide out there that explains how to move industry? For example, if I want to pick up and move to another place with the static cores I have in place, How could I do this with ease. If this has been brought up before I apologize.

Assuming its on the same static core, you can simply use the move element tool in the build menu. Itll keep all the links intact. 

If you're moving it to a different core or a bigger one you'll have to take it down and manually redeploy it.

If you are moving to another place you can create a blueprint, disassemble, move the parts, redeploy from blueprint at the new location. The industries will forget the recipes but the links will remain. Name of industries does reset too.

50 minutes ago, XKentX said:

If you are moving to another place you can create a blueprint, disassemble, move the parts, redeploy from blueprint at the new location. The industries will forget the recipes but the links will remain. Name of industries does reset too.

Keep in mind it's very possible that your industry may be larger than 10 L hub can store - which will result in a BP that is useless because there is no way to deploy it...NQ has yet to respond on how to deal with that scenario.

16 hours ago, Mordgier said:

Keep in mind it's very possible that your industry may be larger than 10 L hub can store - which will result in a BP that is useless because there is no way to deploy it...NQ has yet to respond on how to deal with that scenario.

ow, nice catch. That's definitely can be a case.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2020 at 5:40 PM, XKentX said:

Hi all, a bit late to this thread. I'm wanting to do a move from Sanctuary to another planet and want to move my mini factory with me. Understand how to blueprint but how on earth do you disassemble all the industry machines and pack them to move? I'm using the starter xs static core you get from the tutorial start. Thank you in advance ?

29 minutes ago, Alpinesun said:

Hi all, a bit late to this thread. I'm wanting to do a move from Sanctuary to another planet and want to move my mini factory with me. Understand how to blueprint but how on earth do you disassemble all the industry machines and pack them to move? I'm using the starter xs static core you get from the tutorial start. Thank you in advance ?

You need to stop the industries and pick them up into some kind of container (probably some containers linked to hub). Then, deploy blueprint when linked to that container. You will probably need a big ship.