Why do the wings on the right side of my construct read 0 N of thrust when flying?

GaenTrueblade

If the lift is not needed for level flight, the airfoil will not produce lift.

Airfoils in DU have some funkiness about their implementation.  They act more similarly to engines in that their 'Thrust' (the lift) can be changed without changing airspeed or angle of attack.  They don't behave strictly in accordance with the relevant physics, particularly in the case of level flight.

So if your construct has wings capable of generating 100kN of lift, and weight is only pulling down at 25kN, the game will sometimes just delegate all of the lift responsibility to a single airfoil and basically run with the other one 'off'.

Wings also do not create any torques around the CG, and all force they apply, is considered to act directly through the CG.  You can have constructs with wings only on one side and they will not experience a roll imbalance.  It is definitely still in a very primitive state at the moment.

The reading might be bugged because I've seen that before, yet when I press x twice, both wings have arrows indicating equal lift. Maybe can be further investigated with Lua