Can we please get a "parking fee" or similar mechanic?

Gottchar

The high amount of crafts at markets which are not just parked for some shopping are a problem.

They are unsightly and limit parking space on one hand, which can be seen as more of an RP issue for some, but they also reduce performance for players with low or mid range computers. There are plenty of people who said they had to skip the tutorial as their frame rate was far too low.

I suggest something is done about. A few examples:

- Parking fee. As you park on the parking deck a timer starts in the background. If you stay for 30m or more or leave the cell without taking all your cores with you, you get a pop up informing you of the parking fee. Should your craft stay for another hour or longer, the fee is taken from your account or taken of your next log in money. It would slowly increase, similar to the TU placement cost. Something like 10k for a full day, 40, 90, 160, 250 etc for the following. It could also be auto-impounded after 24h, and you can get it again at the ship store.

- Have multiple parking decks close to the market, parking there automatically despawns your craft and teleports you to the market. Your containers are still available. If no advertisement crafts are visible when parking, hopefully the people will not try to leave their crafts at or close to the markets. The market itself gets a larger no-fly zone. 
Please only introduce this after a good amount of testing and if the several current container link bugs are fixed.

- Make crafts not load anymore, if they have been standing still for long enough. So if I, as a player, arrive at the market, I only load and see ships that have landed withing the last 6 hours (or my own ships). I would not see the permanent advertisements etc. Any machine in the game has its own timer anyway, when a craft lands in a public tile (user exits control seat) the timer starts. For the owner of a craft nothing changes.

I hope there can be some discussion about the issue and a solution can be found.

20 minutes ago, Gottchar said:

The high amount of crafts at markets which are not just parked for some shopping are a problem.

They are unsightly and limit parking space on one hand, which can be seen as more of an RP issue for some, but they also reduce performance for players with low or mid range computers. There are plenty of people who said they had to skip the tutorial as their frame rate was far too low.

- Parking fee. As you park on the parking deck a timer starts in the background. If you stay for 30m or more or leave the cell without taking all your cores with you, you get a pop up informing you of the parking fee. Should your craft stay for another hour or longer, the fee is taken from your account or taken of your next log in money. It would slowly increase, similar to the TU placement cost. Something like 10k for a full day, 40, 90, 160, 250 etc for the following. It could also be auto-impounded after 24h, and you can get it again at the ship store.

- Have multiple parking decks close to the market, parking there automatically despawns your craft and teleports you to the market. Your containers are still available. If no advertisement crafts are visible when parking, hopefully the people will not try to leave their crafts at or close to the markets. The market itself gets a larger no-fly zone. 
Please only introduce this after a good amount of testing and if the several current container link bugs are fixed.

- Make crafts not load anymore, if they have been standing still for long enough. So if I, as a player, arrive at the market, I only load and see ships that have landed withing the last 6 hours (or my own ships). I would not see the permanent advertisements etc. Any machine in the game has its own timer anyway, when a craft lands in a public tile (user exits control seat) the timer starts. For the owner of a craft nothing changes.

I hope there can be some discussion about the issue and a solution can be found.

This has been discussed for years and loads of suggestions to fix it and somehow NQ havent implemented any of them.  So I hope they are working on a PROPER fix rather than a sticking plaster.  My prefer option is a planets about 100su away, any ship left 48 hours are dumped there, the owner can make there own way to get them back

3 hours ago, Moosegun said:

This has been discussed for years and loads of suggestions to fix it and somehow NQ havent implemented any of them.  So I hope they are working on a PROPER fix rather than a sticking plaster.  My prefer option is a planets about 100su away, any ship left 48 hours are dumped there, the owner can make there own way to get them back

They would be transported via "The Devil's anus". 

On 10/14/2020 at 10:39 AM, Gottchar said:

Being a Elite Dangerous player, I think Frontier has a good solution to this issue. When docking at a station, you are issued a time limit to dock, but for DU you could be issued a time limit to stay at the market, before fines started to accrue on your account. You would get a base time of 20 minutes to stay before fines accrue. Furthermore, you can only have one owned construct in the market area at a given time to keep the 20 minute fine limit. If you have more than 1 construct than you will be charged a flat 100k quanta per owned construct on the tile per hour. Eventually if you leave your construct there for more than a few days it will be teleported to some sort of impound, and you will have to pay a fee to pick it up and a fee to retrieve it cargo. This fee also scales with the number of constructs in impound. If you wanted to make this really punishing charge more quanta for constructs with higher masses.

For anyone who has watched Red Dwarf there is a problem with time based fines.

It could end up costing a new player whose PC crashes (or whose internet goes down) more quanta than they have before they get the chance to log back in and fix their parking. 

4 hours ago, Mornington said:

For anyone who has watched Red Dwarf there is a problem with time based fines.

It could end up costing a new player whose PC crashes (or whose internet goes down) more quanta than they have before they get the chance to log back in and fix their parking. 

That's why it should be per ton.

Currently new players die when they appoach the market and their fps drops to single digits and they either slam into the ground or fly into the no flyzone...

The fine doesn't have to be high.

100 per ton per hour after the first hour is not going to be a major issue for anyone but be enough of an annoyance that people will not just leave ships rotting at the market.

It will also cut out this nonsense that people are doing by plopping down multiple 10L hubs on the landing pad to use as a warehouse for their trading activities.