I was going to play this game but subscription is auto renew only so I didn't

Sadume

I was going to play this game but subscription is auto renew only so I didn't

Why are companies forcing auto renew in 2020

If I stop playing the game and forget to cancel my subscription I could end up paying for years, seems fair.

Shady af... ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Stupid

It's called a subscription for a reason.. By definition a subscription has a recurring payment model. I'm not sure how ppl do not understand that.

With that out of the way. you pay your subscription through XSOLLA, so contact them on cancelling it if you do not understand how to. If you use PayPal to make the payment, simply remove the billing agreement. In general, know the conditions and available options of the tools you use, screaming it's all someone else's fault here is plain and simple not correct.

Lastly, as mentioned, if you want to just buy game time when it suits you, use the Markeedragon store where you can do exactly that, you buy the time you want and when it ends you lose access.

Oh.. one more thing.. this forum has a search function.. if you enter the words "cancel subscription" there, you get this:

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/20688-subscription/&do=findComment&comment=142360

1 hour ago, LouHodo said:

setup something for your convenience and you complain about it.  

Come on now - his complaint is silly but lets not go down crazy extremes here..."We'll keep charging you until you tell us to stop - for your convenience!" come on...

12 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Come on now - his complaint is silly but lets not go down crazy extremes here..."We'll keep charging you until you tell us to stop - for your convenience!" come on...

All my accounts of eve were on auto renew. By default. It was super convenient.  Especially when between me and my buddy we had 18 accounts.  The OP is a fucking cry baby and to be honest dont even believe he was gonna play.  

Just now, JohnnyTazer said:

All my accounts of eve were on auto renew. By default. It was super convenient.  Especially when between me and my buddy we had 18 accounts.  The OP is a fucking cry baby and I to be honest dont even believe he was gonna play.  

You paid for eve? With like...real money? Not isk? Weird...weird....

14 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

You don't know how many times I see a post or complaint or some kind of tech help call about billing and how xxxxx was shut off because they didn't pay.  And they didn't understand why it didn't auto draft the payment.

So when some company does it as a convenience it is a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, LouHodo said:

You don't know how many times I see a post or complaint or some kind of tech help call about billing and how xxxxx was shut off because they didn't pay.  And they didn't understand why it didn't auto draft the payment.

So when some company does it as a convenience it is a bad thing.

You generally sign up for auto draft for utilities etc.

Default autobilling is not for your convenience. Nor is the minimum 3 months sub.

7 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

You paid for eve? With like...real money? Not isk? Weird...weird....

I know right? Same with my buddy. 18 accounts at $14.99 a month on auto renew.  We actually both quit eve to play DU. Not knocking eve but it's been 10 years need a change. I try not to be one of those guys who generalizes a generation....but for fuck sakes can NQ please try to make some money? Charging $7 a month sub on auto renewal is the most fair, cheapest, least scummy way to build revenue. If you dont like beta games I can understand and wait for release. But for fucks sake I went to 5 guys yesterday and I got a dbl bacon cheeseburger, fries and a drink and it was $17.  Its amazing they dropped the price to what it is. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

I know right? Same with my buddy. 18 accounts at $14.99 a month on auto renew.  We actually both quit eve to play DU. Not knocking eve but it's been 10 years need a change. I try not to be one of those guys who generalizes a generation....but for fuck sakes can NQ please try to make some money? Charging $7 a month sub on auto renewal is the most fair, cheapest, least scummy way to build revenue. If you dont like beta games I can understand and wait for release. But for fucks sake I went to 5 guys yesterday and I got a dbl bacon cheeseburger, fries and a drink and it was $17.  Its amazing they dropped the price to what it is. 

I assume they expect to make more money from DAC and skins and keep the $7 sub to maintain the population.

Lets be real here - DU is having trouble drawing people in at $7/m as is.

12 hours ago, LouHodo said:

Oh God a company setup something for your convenience and you complain about it.  

You knew it was a sub based game. 

I am starting to hate today's generation of gamers more and more everyday.

For your convenience is giving you both options, shady business practices is forcing subscription. Idiot.

17 minutes ago, Sadume said:

For your convenience is giving you both options, shady business practices is forcing subscription. Idiot.

So you take a look at the game, found something you don't like, voted yourself out with your wallet and decided its not for you. And yet here you are still nagging about stuff which is (imho) really, really minor when it comes to problems with this game. And act high and mighty when people don't take your points seriously. Ok, i think I will just keep eating my popcorn ; )

4 hours ago, Elrood said:

So you take a look at the game, found something you don't like, voted yourself out with your wallet and decided its not for you. And yet here you are still nagging about stuff which is (imho) really, really minor when it comes to problems with this game. And act high and mighty when people don't take your points seriously. Ok, i think I will just keep eating my popcorn ; )

I want to play this game but I don't ever allow renewing payments on my account, even subscribing and instantly unsubscribing is an unacceptable risk because for a point in time there was a renewing payment and what if my unsubscription fails, they could miss my email, the unsubscription function on the website could be bugged etc. By making a forum post it brings my concerns to the attention of the developers in case they actually care and arent snake oil dealers. And I am not the only one that thinks this game is snake oil it has been said to me by others outside of these forums.

1 hour ago, Sadume said:

I want to play this game but I don't ever allow renewing payments on my account, even subscribing and instantly unsubscribing is an unacceptable risk because for a point in time there was a renewing payment and what if my unsubscription fails, they could miss my email, the unsubscription function on the website could be bugged etc. By making a forum post it brings my concerns to the attention of the developers in case they actually care and arent snake oil dealers. And I am not the only one that thinks this game is snake oil it has been said to me by others outside of these forums.

Rotfl - you do know that every sane bank will block such transactions if you call them and describe the situation (bugs, unable to cancel sub, etc)? So either you can barely afford few dollars required to notice that sub is still going (in which case you probably shouldn't buy that game in the first place) or you are less careful in you selection of banking service than in your entertainment payment method... This type of issues should never be anything more than small and short lived irritation.

7 hours ago, Sadume said:

Sorry it is NOT shady to set up subscription as recurring, it is industry standard, coming from someone who has worked with e-commerce / payment systems on and off for 30 years.  'Snake oil' I actually spat my tea out at that one.

4 hours ago, Sadume said:

And I am not the only one that thinks this game is snake oil it has been said to me by others outside of these forums.

OK. So why are you here if you think this game is snake oil?

We clearly don't and actually play the game - you're welcome to take the opinion of those who don't play the game as gospel, but don't come here telling us about it. We don't care.

There isn't a single game that you won't find negative opinions about from people who have never played it and know nothing about.

20 hours ago, Mordgier said:

I assume they expect to make more money from DAC and skins and keep the $7 sub to maintain the population.

Lets be real here - DU is having trouble drawing people in at $7/m as is.

Let's be real those people who have a problem with 7$ a month would have a problem with anything that isn't free.  They move from new game and play through it's trial period and move on to the next one.  Nothing more than a plague of locusts on the gaming community.

But that is just my 25 years of online gaming experience has shown me.  I maybe jaded.

9 hours ago, Sadume said:

Calling names just shows how poor your argument is.  

Picture perfect Ad hominem comment.