Bot orders are allowing the limited supply of T1 ore to be converted to quanta en masse.

Emptiness

14 minutes ago, XKentX said:

Player run economy they said

If the bot order prices scaled off a weekly average of player prices, it wouldn't be a problem. But the bot order prices have stayed the same since beta launch and been refreshed quite a few times. I don't know why NQ is allowing this to continue, or if they even care.

Steel honeycombs are directly responsible for the insane hematite prices.

24 minutes ago, Emptiness said:

If the bot order prices scaled off a weekly average of player prices, it wouldn't be a problem. But the bot order prices have stayed the same since beta launch and been refreshed quite a few times. I don't know why NQ is allowing this to continue, or if they even care.

I am kinda losing hope tbh, so many things are just done wrong. No the dev part that obviously takes time. The simple stuff that just makes game better if anyone would care.

23 minutes ago, Emptiness said:

Yeah, totally agree, the REALLY stupid thing is, if those people actually made a range of goods and put them on the market, they would be selling at around 400% the margins and the stuff wouldnt be disappearing from the economy.  Hoping it will be fixed soon.  Not sure the ore crisis is as bad as you say though.  The vast majority of Alioth is unmined........

1 minute ago, Moosegun said:

Not sure the ore crisis is as bad as you say though.  The vast majority of Alioth is unmined........

Yeah, having had a month to think about it, the title is bad. Should be "Bot orders are keeping T1 ore prices artificially high" or something similar. 

Checking edit access, it seems I can still change the title. Should I? And do you have a suggestion for the new one?

Just now, Emptiness said:

Yeah, having had a month to think about it, the title is bad. Should be "Bot orders are keeping T1 ore prices artificially high" or something similar. 

Checking edit access, it seems I can still change the title. Should I? And do you have a suggestion for the new one?

Nah, a bit of clickbait is ok lol.

Thinking it is a big issue though, because the whole gameplay loop falls outside the community and is stopping the player made market from flourishing.  I make all my money from selling to players, and I cant believe how little competition there is.

Simple solution for this problem is what EVE does with it's low level NPC trade goods.

After you have sold 1000 of that item to the NPC the price gets worse and worse and then stays that way for a week of time. You now need to find a new NPC to sell it to in another hub.

New players can use it to get a boost, older players ignore it as it is not worth the effort to visit that many hubs that many times.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:09 AM, Emptiness said:

Currently, mega industrialists with good crafting skills are crafting various intermediaries and voxels, and selling them to bot orders for a profit. For example: Basic components, connectors, screws, or pipes, or steel voxels / honeycomb. 

TLDR: Good crafting skills lets you convert ore to parts and sell them to bot orders for crazy profits and also delete that ore from the game. Probably 20 million liters of t1 are being deleted per day, or more, and 500 million quanta added to the economy. Also, expect to see T1 ore prices rise to at least 35q per liter before people stop doing this.

Seriously! Thanks for that tip. I’m off to get some... what was it? Iron and Carbon? I have an alt with L4 and L5 skills in all the T1 ores pures products and honeycomb. 

cool...

Minimun/maximun ore prices are fixed by bots orders  at the moment they are just creating inflation due a reduction in ore supply in a boring mechanic just for the profit of those who "enjoy" this kind of gameplay. I did the math 1 month ago and decided not to go this path because its boring . Remove basic parts from bots or limit them for newbies only.Currently the only currency sink is the territory cost . We dont need money printing , to be fair this is worse is money printing tied to destruction of wealth .Giving money to newbies is ok for sometime and thats it.

People are mining to get parts , people that buy the ore for bot sells are not providing parts or anything.

The way it works right now its comparable to giving money to players that crash their ships into a wall.

10 hours ago, Endstar said:

Can someone comment about this and the math...  

To put you an example with the current inflated ore prices and without some of the more expensive talents to optimize it  components pipes screws cost me around 32q to build and they sell for 34-36. A month ago they only costed me around 26 imagine the millions.I've read that people are selling honeycomb that is much faster to produce so you guess....

Its free money the only requirement is having millions of quanta to place orders and remote buy anything.The only hope is that those guys will quit of boredom.

im entirely neutral on this issue. On the one hand people make out like ore is vanishing and is played out. Its not actully....Not even a little bit. And a lot of people crying about it running out are either those who resent the ones who figured out the honeycomb trick when ore was 11Q a liter. Or the ones who see ore prices going up due to mega nodes getting rare.

Even with alieoth mega nodes running out i can go to many other planets and even moons and pull up mega nodes easily evem today. And even with the cost of warp cells make an easy 10-30 million in profit per 10 crates full. More if i abuse the alt-F4 bug or just drop a 20 crate brick full of ore from orbit with a surrogate along for the ride. Then go and repair it enough to get my ore out. Low cost, no risk ore transport with a chance to bounce a 20KT brick off someones XS ship at mach 3 for the lulz.

I however NEVER see other players out mining other planets. Even on alieoth there are tons of unclaimed prestine tiles. Hell i just claimed over 30 today that were never touched. Other planets its even more common as it seems everyone wants to stay on the safe zone planets.

Sandard node sizes of T1 are still abundant. Everywhere, they just take longer to dig up. For example on my new island i have over 60 million T1 ore. With my dredger and terraforming skills i can easily pull that up over a week or two solo. Less with help which is enough to keep my own projects in ore for months or to make over 2 billion quanta.

T2 and T3 ore are getting more scarce but even they are still easy to find in bulk. T4 and 5 are getting rare though and need a boost i admit that. But they also arent in high demand or sellable to bots. In addition to all this we are also getting autominers, astroids and a few other goodies very soon according to interviews i.e before christmas most likely which should take the strain off.

Lastly we have no real ways to bring in more quanta to the economy. This is the big one as without npc trade/quests/events there is a finite amount of quanta to be used with several very huge sinks. For example claiming 30 tiles today even using multiple orgs was over 100 million and will need to be converted over to fully owned by me for almost 2 billion as i get the money to do so.

On the other hand i also acknowledge if they let this go for months or even the whole year.....Then ore is going to get very very scarce and stuff like engines and even fuel is going to be so expensive that no one does anything. But again that is at least 5 or 6 months out.