Meteor Showers - A bit of PVE in space and on planet - Also a little bit of ore and artefact delivery to planets.

ADCOne

So I have heard of orbital bombardment as an Idea and I think the game should go one step further with Meteor shows, I am not suggesting a lot of them possibly one a day in one system. These meteor shows should be hazards in space to ships, stations and to ground facilities. This should add some extra risk to the game and to offset that they should drop some ores and possibly an occasional artefact (I saw on a stream that the game will have these). Asides from that the mechanics could be:

- Meteor shows would enter a system at the outer edge and head to a planet and essentially bombard it. Ideally using gravitational physics and be intractable throughout their journey. (Anyone will to try mining a meteor shower before it hits a planet!)

- Mining the meteor shower before it hits a planet should provide more ore etc than after it lands. (There should be risk of meteors hitting one another though and as a result the miners too)

- The meteor showers should be trackable once in system and within the atmosphere of a planet (Though it would be nice to see some fancy fireball effects too)

- People should be able to shot the meteors to dust both in space and heading towards their outpost etc. (Might be interesting to be able to knock them off course too....or possibly into a specific direction)

- To add a piece of realism, outer planets should 'soak up' most meteor showers, thus making meteor showers less likely on inner planets, so it pays to spread out (Risking a meteor in the face). It would also explain why the shield(s) planet never gets one of these.

I am sure there are variants of this idea that could be used, but this was the majority of factors that could conceive of.

Have fun in game :)