Why should i play this game?

Guest Kray

2 hours ago, Eleete said:

...Beta, no wipes. 1year from now players will have 30.000.000 SP and starting pilots 0.

So you do a launch package where people who join the game in get something like 10,000,000 SP and can allocate them to specalise from the start, hell given them some money and the choice of decent bloody ships too.  That would be my solution, raise the starting bar, get rid of the bullshit starting experience, which doesnt resemble the real game and start new players from a better position..... simples

They will be walking into a world which is premade, where the economy has stabilised, cool ships and building BPs will be affordable.  There will be player safe zones where they can move in.  We will have created the world that NQ have always said they want players to walk into.  it is up to us to do it, and we can if more players and more important big org stopped focusing on themselves and focus more on what they can bring to civlisation.

On 10/10/2020 at 1:44 PM, Guest Kray said:

Hello Guys,

maybe i dont understand this game...

I forced myself to look inside, again and again, but i cant find the game inside.

For me, it is the worst side of eve online, some sort of digging simulator, but extremly worse implemented.. thats not a game, its a pain.

Same for producing. you could just steal everything from eve instead of redefine a good system.

But the worst thing is, that for people who dont like the digging, there is nothing to do. I dont understand, why are there from every game

only the bad things here.

Look at Empyrion, they make improvements, overhauiing bad stuff, there are server clusters with near than 200 players per Server. There is live.

There, i only see endless parked ships.

At the first time i saw this game here, i tought, a few weeks and games like empyrion will die quickly. Now i know, they are still better, and they have still their Playerbase.

Such Games like this, are niche Games, the Playerbase is never enoght to play both of them. Its time consuming, so i have to decide what i want to play in the future.

And i dont want to dig with this mechanik. ;) .. and neither to pay for it.

I hope you have already an idea, how you will got players back, after some time, without let them pay for it. I think, the players who gone, will never pay twice for a look inside,

only to see if there are improvements or not.

I have one month left and will connect one or two times(never dig anymoire)  but after that, i think i will forget this game quickly. For me, because there is none.

All the reasons you listed OP, are why I decided to unsubscribe... Even through I will be checking it out later when nq gets their stuff together...

This game is About Imagination and Vision. For me the road map Looks very promising and the Basic game mechanics like mining, ship design and Physics are very nice implemented and works. In the future with all new Upgrades there will be more possibilities to realize your visions and there is nearly no Limit to live your Imaginations. Thats for me the Definition of gaming!

1 hour ago, Saburoto said:

This game is About Imagination and Vision. For me the road map Looks very promising and the Basic game mechanics like mining, ship design and Physics are very nice implemented and works. In the future with all new Upgrades there will be more possibilities to realize your visions and there is nearly no Limit to live your Imaginations. Thats for me the Definition of gaming!

I love it when someone gets it, I spent today training someone how to get into our market network, then someone else wanted to know about commodities trading (the biggest earners in this game dont need to exploit or even have bases), we had a wannabee ship building who is working on a new mining barge, another guy we are setting up to do the hauling.  On two occasions recently I have been set b buy order for ore, only for them to be filled whilst I was still there.  Which was followed by me finding them on the market to make contact with them and potential miners. After shutdown I am hoping to get to Sicari to scope out locations for a racetrack. I love this game, but you have got to make up your mind what you want to be, and how to do it, you can be anything (we you will be able to).

• 5 months later...

@Guest Kray I agree with the first post : copying Eve online is a bad idea. It is a financial idea, NQ is a financial firm I suppose. Thanks for the description of what is DU in 2020. I tried to connect but I was ... confined in a building (-> ragequit) ... Are NQ players ? are they even  human ? I didn't know Empyrion when I backed Eve online  Dual universe. I wish I could go back in time. I tried Eve online twice. It is a toxic gameplay. What I did ? learn and teach, because it is the only "elitist" behaviour that seems interesting to me, better than ganking and make people ragequit, or steal  trade. I apreciate the wormhole idea.

PS : see Valheim, I love it, I am sure the devs are gamers and think about the experience, which is the only thing to think about. They copy all kind of games but throw away all the boring gameplay, and it even make me like to... dig. :D

11 hours ago, Kruzer said:

Seen a few recent Youtube vids on combat in Space Engineers.  Don't think I'll be able to stomach pvp in this game unless something drastic happens.

Keep in mind that those videos are often on heavily modded servers, not the base game.

I like how people defend their "there's plenty to do in the game right now" with market stuff and building. I see that only as settling for less and just a workaround around the current lack of game content. "I mined only once and never again"... sure you can do that but your gameplay then revolves around min-maxing market tables. There are way too many niche justifications for the current "game loop". And they all suck.

"Just build something and sell it", "Just start an org that does x or y", etc etc... that's it... that's the whole game. Meanwhile someone has to mine the mats for the ships and buildings... What is happening here is what happens in the real world... not everyone is a business man who doesn't have to mine for money. The people who "don't mine" in DU are riding the pareto distribution wave  on the top end and fail to see the actual boring grind of the game... all they say is "there's plenty to do, you don't have to mine if you don't want to, markets are easy". Mmmkay. This is it.. this is the whole game.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:24 AM, blazemonger said:

Why are we necro posting in a thread from October last year?

Because it is useless to post a new one and a year is nothing compared to eternity.

On 10/14/2020 at 12:27 AM, Eleete said:

...Beta, no wipes. 1year from now players will have 30.000.000 SP and starting pilots 0.

While I have no problem with a wipe, excluding SP, your SP argument makes no sense. In WoW Characters are higher level than those who just start, EvE people have skills others do not, almost every game a new player is at a disadvantage. 

1 hour ago, FryingDoom said:

While I have no problem with a wipe, excluding SP, your SP argument makes no sense. In WoW Characters are higher level than those who just start, EvE people have skills others do not, almost every game a new player is at a disadvantage. 

The whole argument that over time existing players have "so many TP and can't be caught up on" is nonsense indeed and really just means that whoever makes that claim has no idea about how a passive skill system works. The OP on this also has his number wrong as currently a year's worth of training is 47.3M SP, not 30m ;)

The facts are that a new player will have skilled  the most common talents into L4 on most within weeks and will have started specializing.

The facts are that regardless of how "old" a character is, a new player will need about 3-4 months to get to pretty much the same overall level

The facts are that you train L1-L4 in 1/5 of the time needed to train all 5 levels. so you actually train to a good spec pretty quickly

The facts are it is not required to train everything, you train the basics, then specialize.

So no, a new player will not be hopelessly behind a tenured player forever, they wil be a tenured player themselves in just a few months and unless they want to train everything probably be done training every talent for their specialization in a year. The idea is that you manage your skill queue in line with how you as a character actually progress and gain experience in game. That is the trick in EVE and it will be to some extent in DU if NQ managers to revamp the talent tree. An experienced player on a new character will find ways to use their knowledge and understanding of the game to counter the lack of talents trained.

I actually wrote a short guide to what i'd consider the basic skill found here.

5 hours ago, kirito said:

Because it is useless to post a new one and a year is nothing compared to eternity.

Best comeback to a necro slapdown ever! i'm stealing this... 

Though in terms of the game, it was always expected that the "pioneers' as it were would create the "civilization" (yeah, lots of airquotes, I know)  and the majority of the players would come later into this already populated world full of strife, conflict, death and destruction because humans are incapable of creating anything greater.

Sure the leaders have first mover advantage, but incumbents suffer from lack of mobility and agility by nature. Later players would be at a disadvantage, points wise, but only by a few percent in terms of actual abilities... since you can get 80% of the buff within 20% of the time.. it's only that last level that takes ages...

But in retrospect, they will also not need many of the pioneer skills as they will come into a world already created anyway....

moreover, they will have all of the experience of the pioneers to learn from and likely make far less mistakes and be able to receive better edvice.

For example, no new player will waste, as I did, 2,000,000 SP ranking up in Advanced mining efficiency knowing that JC removed any benefit from it... 2,000,000 SP down the drain right there... Then there's polycarbonate plastic. multiple people have realised that they have wasted sp on those skills.  That's just off the top of my head... likely there are millions and millions of SP being wasted by us fogies.