Why should i play this game?

Guest Kray

Hello Guys,

maybe i dont understand this game...

I forced myself to look inside, again and again, but i cant find the game inside.

For me, it is the worst side of eve online, some sort of digging simulator, but extremly worse implemented.. thats not a game, its a pain.

Same for producing. you could just steal everything from eve instead of redefine a good system.

But the worst thing is, that for people who dont like the digging, there is nothing to do. I dont understand, why are there from every game

only the bad things here.

Look at Empyrion, they make improvements, overhauiing bad stuff, there are server clusters with near than 200 players per Server. There is live.

There, i only see endless parked ships.

At the first time i saw this game here, i tought, a few weeks and games like empyrion will die quickly. Now i know, they are still better, and they have still their Playerbase.

Such Games like this, are niche Games, the Playerbase is never enoght to play both of them. Its time consuming, so i have to decide what i want to play in the future.

And i dont want to dig with this mechanik. ;) .. and neither to pay for it.

I hope you have already an idea, how you will got players back, after some time, without let them pay for it. I think, the players who gone, will never pay twice for a look inside,

only to see if there are improvements or not.

I have one month left and will connect one or two times(never dig anymoire)  but after that, i think i will forget this game quickly. For me, because there is none.

1 hour ago, joaocordeiro said:

Its not up to us to convince you to play the game. If you cant find a reason on your own, dont play. 

He is mostly right though, at least for now ... there is nothing to do, just dig :)
The only way to earn money, so that you could, say, build cool stuff, is to mine. So that's apparently what everyone is doing. There are endless ships and container clusterf*cks parked on every market, so much rubbish parked there, I cannot even enter the bloody market often because of all the Ad displays and "Join us!!! We are the best!11!111" panels everywhere.

Carrot on the stick. Still missing.

43 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

He is mostly right though, at least for now ... there is nothing to do, just dig :)

Literally the same thing gets said about Minecraft. And EVE is Excel in Space. Elite Dangerous is Poop Hauling Simulator.

You can make some extremely simplistic generalist judgment about most games with intent to make them look uninteresting.

I absolutely agree that in the current state vital core elements of the game are simply missing based on what the premise of the game was. I do not agree that what is there is not a gameplay loop that will keep some people playing for years to come even with no additions. 

There is certainly a carrot, and that is building more and more and more - that may not be a carrot you want to chase, and that's fine, but it's certainly there.

1 hour ago, Mordgier said:

Literally the same thing gets said about Minecraft. And EVE is Excel in Space. Elite Dangerous is Poop Hauling Simulator.

You can make some extremely simplistic generalist judgment about most games with intent to make them look uninteresting.

I absolutely agree that in the current state vital core elements of the game are simply missing based on what the premise of the game was. I do not agree that what is there is not a gameplay loop that will keep some people playing for years to come even with no additions. 

There is certainly a carrot, and that is building more and more and more - that may not be a carrot you want to chase, and that's fine, but it's certainly there.

I respectfully disagree.

Elite Dangerous is 'Carebears in Space'.

Today I.....

• started at our large mining base, had to drop some ore in the bins to get those machines going. 
  • Popped to a couple of local org mates to help them with their enterprises. 
  • Picked up stock to take to market, stopped made a drop, picked up ore from there and flew it to our ship shop
  • Worked with our ship designer Poljack (pics below!!) to help him finalise a couple of ships we were selling
  • Had another enquiry so flew to our outpost on Sicari, picked up a spare ship there, left Poljack there to customise ship
  • Currently flying from Sicari to our space station to work on our T2-3 production line
  • A bit tired so not sure if I will fly the product down to Ailoth tonight, or do it with a cup of tea in the morning

You should get out more, pm me if you want a tour.

100% agree the games has issues, but it shits over any other space sandbox from a great height, even in its current state (for me anyway).  It is up to you, if you want to build civilisation or dig holes.

Ox.thumb.jpg.560260180b792691f1a5d4b9617246a1.jpg

OX2.thumb.jpg.625812f11bc238ab4ab6b8d4021cebe5.jpg

My goal in this game is to make billions of quanta and then spend it on making cool stuff that players like you can do, just give us some time.

37 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

My goal in this game is to make billions of quanta and then spend it on making cool stuff that players like you can do, just give us some time.

Thus, a lot of digging.

I feel you bro I just can't bring myself to log in and dig a bunch of holes in the ground I have had enough of that. and other than playing ship builder there is nothing to do in there at all.

-.-

11 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

I dont move ore either

1 hour ago, Moosegun said:

• started at our large mining base, had to drop some ore in the bins to get those machines going. 
  • picked up ore from there and flew it to our ship shop

11 minutes ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

-.-

i do apologies,  I mean any quantities, the largest ship I use is the one above, which has one large container and carries 400t max.  Which is very usual compared to a lot of players. So when i move ore, it is rarely more than 60km, never off planets and more than a few hundred tons.  Thanks for allowing me to clarify.  Interesting that was all you got from the post, do you do anything other than pedantic?

33 minutes ago, Ven said:

I feel you bro I just can't bring myself to log in and dig a bunch of holes in the ground I have had enough of that. and other than playing ship builder there is nothing to do in there at all.

Trader..... hauler...... taxi driver....... make a racing team...... build a city or a road system....... hide in the corner of the galaxy and build the death star..... or my personal favourite, a space casion.

Unless you play solo and want to do everything yourself, in which case, enjoy your holes and waiting for things to craft.

11 minutes ago, Moosegun said:

Unless you play solo and want to do everything yourself, in which case, enjoy your holes and waiting for things to craft.

Well, there are some of us who do play solo. Should we be forced to join an organization? The game is about rebuilding civilization. Take a look around, at the current civilization -- is everyone part of some organization? No.

Look, as a simple example: Let's say we could fish in this game. I would build a nice cabin near my Twin Lakes, then I would go out, relax and fish. Then some of the fish I would use to make food for myself, while maybe some I would go to a market and sell.
Now, someone who does not want to fish, or does not know how, but likes fish for dinner, would buy a few fish from me.
And that would be nice.

THEN YOU WALZ UP with your ORGANIZATION, BOMB the bloody fish from the air, kill a million fish with one stroke and overwhelm the market.

See what happened now? Why the hell would I fish anymore, when you with your organizations flood everything with millions of products. There is no more specializations, different skills and tasks different people would do and thus CREATE A CIVILIZATION.

The whole game is turning into a GIANT INDUSTRIALIZED CLUSTERF*CK where there is no place for actual roleplaying, skills and specializations per individuum.

1 hour ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Well, there are some of us who do play solo. Should we be forced to join an organization? The game is about rebuilding civilization. Take a look around, at the current civilization -- is everyone part of some organization? No.

Look, as a simple example: Let's say we could fish in this game. I would build a nice cabin near my Twin Lakes, then I would go out, relax and fish. Then some of the fish I would use to make food for myself, while maybe some I would go to a market and sell.
Now, someone who does not want to fish, or does not know how, but likes fish for dinner, would buy a few fish from me.
And that would be nice.

THEN YOU WALZ UP with your ORGANIZATION, BOMB the bloody fish from the air, kill a million fish with one stroke and overwhelm the market.

See what happened now? Why the hell would I fish anymore, when you with your organizations flood everything with millions of products. There is no more specializations, different skills and tasks different people would do and thus CREATE A CIVILIZATION.

The whole game is turning into a GIANT INDUSTRIALIZED CLUSTERF*CK where there is no place for actual roleplaying, skills and specializations per individuum.

What my organisation of mainly solo players who I work with to build there own micro businesses, selling as wide range of products to markets all around Alioth and other planets?

Sorry but people running off into the hills to hide from everyone like a hermit is NOT civilised at all, civilised is talking to people, communicating, making trade, selling services, at the moment you cannot do it in game (it is coming) but it is very possible using Discord and external sites.  Some of us are doing it.  You can still play totally solo, there any many orgs (dont know why they called them that, they should have called them GROUPS and then had sub categories) come in all types?  Some are political, some pvp, some solo focused, some industrial, some that are purely mutual protection and nothing else.

I like to think that if I was dropped on another planet with loads of people I would work with them to build something, not go try and solo everything.

2 hours ago, sHuRuLuNi said:

Take a look around, at the current civilization -- is everyone part of some organization? No.

oh dear. That was perhaps the worst example to deny your original point you could have made. 

I have never met a person who was not part of an organisation.  If you use money, you’re part of the financial organization of your country. Have you ever been to a hospital? Have you ever eaten food you didn’t grow yourself? Have you ever walked down a road to a supermarket rather than cut through a swath of bushes to get to the billabong? Have you ever communicated electronically by a device you didn’t fabricate from raw materials?

There’s a lot of people (especially recently and often in the US) who seem think to think they exist as an individual entity free from society and social organisations: off the grid, if you will...  whereas The actual number of people truly living individual lives, completely off the grid is vanishingly, vanishingly small.

You all forgets the building parts of it. Me and my wife are just starting to rebuild our best build from Landmark, We are planning the new "Eagles Dare" and it is great fun (building it on Sanct) . Later we have other things in the pipeline. But if we think its fun to do a nice build in DU we can do that, and not have to worry about PvP. Personally I will have a PvP alt. The I want to solo everything is a modern issue. It has nothing to do with the game itself. Have Fun!

Thats why I don't play anymore - theres nothing to do which is interesting enough. All implemented mechanics are boring and give me cancer. Maybe it gets better with pvp....but for that it has to work properly, which it doesn't, and have a way better UI and experience, which it doesn't have either. 

So yeah, only here for the drama 

To be honest, recently I start to noticing some drop in interest towards game from some of my aquitances after initial 1-1,5 m 24/7 access rush.

They builded ships, industry, mined what they wanted to mine... and found that there is not much to do, especialy if you not into [current] pvp or some especialy time-consuming building/voxelmancy.  Also all cool new games coming in (BG3, Cyberpunk, new VtM game) not helps in terms of population attention obviously.

I suppose that is the big difference the gameplay mechanics which are in game really suit me and I really enjoy them (even mining if I get the chance), I love manufacturing and trading, i always wanted to start an industry org, so the majority of gameplay mechanics are already in game for me.  I am also pretty good in a sandbox environments, so am used to making my own gameplay without AI pointing me in the right direction.  I find myself being the completely the opposite I dont have enough time in the day to get everything done, mainly because I see other gameplay opportunities that most players dont (not bragging this is going from feedback from my org).  A lot of people struggle when they have to come up with things themselves.

A good example of this is trading, it is perfectly possible to play the role of the trader within this game and make huge profits but the majority of players dont even recognise it is there.

I do agree the game wont suit some people, I have a long list of player I wont recommend DU because i know it is not ready for them, they need excitement to be entertained, I dont.

Jesus.... Its simple. You want to play solo? This is not Empyrion solo player game. You dig. And dig. And dig. It is by design and it should be. It is very hard grind and it should be. This is MMO and communities based game. You play solo, you actually signed up for that grind and hardship - you are going against the grind and design of the game. Its a challenge game was not designed to be winnable by players - i bet its just by accident its even possible to a degree we have. Try solo raid in WoW. And be glad its not that level of impossibility. Who the hell think playing MMO solo should be easy?! We are lucky its even kind of do-able. 

END GAME in this game are Orgs and politics. End of story. Everyone who know the game imho agree on that point. You can argue Early and Mid game too - this is where my fellow hermit (I'm a bit of poor hermit as i actually do trade and I am a part of small community to have people to talk to) may differ from some voices here. But hermit alone will never get everything done. At some point all hermits (me including) will either drop the game or join some well organized orgs out of pure boredom. I'm still amazed how much content there is for solo player to get their hands into. If you can stand the grind ;) 

You play in big org? Surprise - some people like to or at least tolerate digging. And then you may find a niche where you don't have to dig.

1 minute ago, Elrood said:

Jesus.... Its simple. You want to play solo? This is not Empyrion solo player game. You dig. And dig. And dig. It is by design and it should be. It is very hard grind and it should be. This is MMO and communities based game. You play solo, you actually signed up for that grind and hardship - you are going against the grind and design of the game. Its a challenge game was not designed to be winnable by players - i bet its just by accident its even possible to a degree we have. Try solo raid in WoW. And be glad its not that level of impossibility. Who the hell think playing MMO solo should be easy?! We are lucky its even kind of do-able. 

END GAME in this game are Orgs and politics. End of story. Everyone who know the game imho agree on that point. You can argue Early and Mid game too - this is where my fellow hermit (I'm a bit of poor hermit as i actually do trade and I am a part of small community to have people to talk to) may differ from some voices here. But hermit alone will never get everything done. At some point all hermits (me including) will either drop the game or join some well organized orgs out of pure boredom. I'm still amazed how much content there is for solo player to get their hands into. If you can stand the grind ;) 

You play in big org? Surprise - some people like to or at least tolerate digging. And then you may find a niche where you don't have to dig.

TBH you can set up as a trader in this game after one session of digging (and never dig again), just that most people dont see opportunities, they need to wait for the game to put a big neon sign up

Just now, Moosegun said:

TBH you can set up as a trader in this game after one session of digging (and never dig again), just that most people dont see opportunities, they need to wait for the game to put a big neon sign up

True - not my style, but yeah, it probably is possible. 

15 minutes ago, Elrood said:

True - not my style, but yeah, it probably is possible. 

100% possible, go mine, sell ore, buy product, find location product is selling for more, move product, sell for profit.  Easy but sadly without someone pointing it out, it goes whoosh over most people heads and they come in here and say that there is nothing to do but mine.

The mental thing is, this sort of thing happens all the time in games like eve etc, no idea why people think it wont work here

On 10/10/2020 at 9:44 PM, Guest Kray said:

Hello Guys,

maybe i dont understand this game...

I forced myself to look inside, again and again, but i cant find the game inside.

For me, it is the worst side of eve online, some sort of digging simulator, but extremly worse implemented.. thats not a game, its a pain.

Same for producing. you could just steal everything from eve instead of redefine a good system.

But the worst thing is, that for people who dont like the digging, there is nothing to do. I dont understand, why are there from every game

only the bad things here.

Look at Empyrion, they make improvements, overhauiing bad stuff, there are server clusters with near than 200 players per Server. There is live.

There, i only see endless parked ships.

At the first time i saw this game here, i tought, a few weeks and games like empyrion will die quickly. Now i know, they are still better, and they have still their Playerbase.

Such Games like this, are niche Games, the Playerbase is never enoght to play both of them. Its time consuming, so i have to decide what i want to play in the future.

And i dont want to dig with this mechanik. ;) .. and neither to pay for it.

I hope you have already an idea, how you will got players back, after some time, without let them pay for it. I think, the players who gone, will never pay twice for a look inside,

only to see if there are improvements or not.

I have one month left and will connect one or two times(never dig anymoire)  but after that, i think i will forget this game quickly. For me, because there is none.

Eve

Eve Online ( ffa pvp + real life time pilot training skills, kill pilot, kill ship > claim ship and loot it) + MInecraft + No man sky/Space Engineer (digging) + Factorio/Satisfactory + Kerbal Space Program (Rocket engineer physics) + other games + free for all full loot pvp + 1 world no loading screens also..

...Beta, no wipes. 1year from now players will have 30.000.000 SP and starting pilots 0.