Org theft carried out today - 22,500 KL , 70 Ktons - nearly 200 Large containers worth

Vifrevaert

23 hours ago, Mordgier said:

Good Day Sir.

"Oh it's you..."

"Fenton..."  ^_^

23 hours ago, Elrood said:

i'm waiting for the moment we start banning "unfair" trades. 

Doesn't DU have an in-game achievement for that?

23 hours ago, FryingDoom said:

Actually I cannot say that I have ever considered a normal function of society as PvP. If you look at the basic economic reality, drinking a glass of water is PvP as you are preventing another from drinking that same water.

So you're saying the moment an unborn human starts consuming its mothers resources, that they've entered PVP space? Damn, and here I was thinking 16 to 18 years old (or in some cases younger) was where PVP began...

Actually, come to think of it, Mum can get PVP'ed out of the game world before your unborn self starts consuming her resources because they're already inside the PVP space.

It's almost like there is no natural or truly safe space in the real world. The only temporary safe spaces are the ones we create ourselves in the form of housing, when we bear arms to protect ourselves from others (yay 'murrica!), and when the people of society abide by a set of rules.

Such rules are of course made to be broken and they frequently are, just watch the news; how many arsons, thefts, shootings, assaults, etc happened today, last week, last month? Of course, those are the most flagrant examples, but lets go by what you suggested.

I'm inhaling oxygen which is useful to me, and exhaling carbon-dioxide which is a waste and not useful. This simple act of life, breathing, is PVP according to you. Drinking water, something useful to continuing my own life, is PVP according to you.

I haven't met a single person in my neighborhood or local community that doesn't breathe air and drink water. With this knowledge, I can deduce that breathing air and drinking water is a normal function of society, both acts being PVP.

I could go on and on and on for the next hour and hope that the last bit I quoted was an argument of some kind, if it wasn't, I'll be somewhat dissapointed.

PVP is everywhere, and while there's a lot that needs fixing, remember that this is still beta. Organizations will get cleaned out, and people will get shot. I paid $500 for a lifetime subscription, so it sure shit better not stop me or that is money not well spent. I came here to be entertained and have fun, if you're seeking the same thing but not having fun, then what are you doing here exactly?

9 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

It's amazing how you can be so wrong and so confident.

So if he had bought CCP games for $2 billion and sold it for $25 million. According to you he made a profit.
If a house is valued by profitability and I paid $325,000 for it but want a $200,000 profit, according to you it is valued at $525,000

Like I said. I hope you are some teenager. 

6 minutes ago, DarkHorizon said:

"Oh it's you..."

"Fenton..."  ^_^

Doesn't DU have an in-game achievement for that?

So you're saying the moment an unborn human starts consuming its mothers resources, that they've entered PVP space? Damn, and here I was thinking 16 to 18 years old (or in some cases younger) was where PVP began...

Actually, come to think of it, Mum can get PVP'ed out of the game world before your unborn self starts consuming her resources because they're already inside the PVP space.

It's almost like there is no natural or truly safe space in the real world. The only temporary safe spaces are the ones we create ourselves in the form of housing, when we bear arms to protect ourselves from others (yay 'murrica!), and when the people of society abide by a set of rules.

Such rules are of course made to be broken and they frequently are, just watch the news; how many arsons, thefts, shootings, assaults, etc happened today, last week, last month? Of course, those are the most flagrant examples, but lets go by what you suggested.

I'm inhaling oxygen which is useful to me, and exhaling carbon-dioxide which is a waste and not useful. This simple act of life, breathing, is PVP according to you. Drinking water, something useful to continuing my own life, is PVP according to you.

I haven't met a single person in my neighborhood or local community that doesn't breathe air and drink water. With this knowledge, I can deduce that breathing air and drinking water is a normal function of society, both acts being PVP.

I could go on and on and on for the next hour and hope that the last bit I quoted was an argument of some kind, if it wasn't, I'll be somewhat dissapointed.

PVP is everywhere, and while there's a lot that needs fixing, remember that this is still beta. Organizations will get cleaned out, and people will get shot. I paid $500 for a lifetime subscription, so it sure shit better not stop me or that is money not well spent. I came here to be entertained and have fun, if you're seeking the same thing but not having fun, then what are you doing here exactly?

Try re-reading what I wrote. It is the complete opposite of it. Unless pregnancy suddenly became illegal and against a social norm. 

1 minute ago, FryingDoom said:

So if he had bought CCP games for $2 billion and sold it for $25 million. According to you he made a profit.
If a house is valued by profitability and I paid $325,000 for it but want a $200,000 profit, according to you it is valued at $525,000

Like I said. I hope you are some teenager. 

What are you talking about you smooth brained koala?

CCP was started in 1997 for 2.6 Million and sold for 425 million in 2018.

If you don't consider that profitable, I'd like to see what you think profitability is.

1 minute ago, Mordgier said:

What are you talking about you smooth brained koala?

CCP was started in 1997 for 2.6 Million and sold for 425 million in 2018.

If you don't consider that profitable, I'd like to see what you think profitability is.

Oh so if you start a business for $2.6 million, spend another $500 million on it and sell it for $425 million its a profit.

Like I said, I hope you are a teenager, that and the fact was I had to describe what a profit was before you seemed to even slightly understand it. 

Just now, FryingDoom said:

Oh so if you start a business for $2.6 million, spend another $500 million on it and sell it for $425 million its a profit. 

Where did this extra 500 mil come from? You are so out of your depth is hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Where did this extra 500 mil come from? You are so out of your depth is hilarious.

I would say how do you know, did you check all of CCP Games financials but we have already discovered you don't know what those are either. I really hope your mummy keeps an eye on your spending. 

11 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

I would say how do you know, did you check all of CCP Games financials but we have already discovered you don't know what those are either. I really hope your mummy keeps an eye on your spending. 

Post them. You seem to not understand finances and drawing hilariously wrong conclusions. 

CCP games did not get external investments valued at 500mil.  CCP was started with an initial investment of 2.6Mil. Yes it did borrow 30mil later for it's VR project called Valkyrie which DID fail but that has nothing to do with EVE.

Fact is that CCP grew to a 450mil valuation from a starting investment of 2.6 Mil and a 30mil loan in 2015 iirc...

There was no other external investment that I am aware of. If you are aware of MORE than 450 Mil being externally invested into CCP - do post that source.

Till then you can  keep acting like you know more than I do and acting superior - but know that you're not fooling anyone.

Post them. You seem to not understand finances and drawing hilariously wrong conclusions. 

CCP games did not get external investments valued at 500mil.  CCP was started with an initial investment of 2.6Mil. Yes it did borrow 30mil later for it's VR project called Valkyrie which DID fail but that has nothing to do with EVE.

Fact is that CCP grew to a 450mil valuation from a starting investment of 2.6 Mil and a 30mil loan in 2015 iirc...

There was no other external investment that I am aware of. If you are aware of MORE than 450 Mil being externally invested into CCP - do post that source.

Till then you can  keep acting like you know more than I do and acting superior - but know that you're not fooling anyone.

Oh so a company has to have an external investment to effect profitability.

Seriously while I am laughing my butt off, please talk to your mum about money.

3 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Oh so a company has to have an external investment to effect profitability.

Seriously while I am laughing my butt off, please talk to your mum about money.

You seriously do not grasp finances.

If I start a company for 2.6 million and sell it later for 425 million with no other external investments. Did I make money?

You seriously do not grasp finances.

If I start a company for 2.6 million and sell it later for 425 million with no other external investments. Did I make money?

That depends on if your profits (remember that word?) were re-directed into your business or not.

Why don't you ask your mummy that when you grow up you can get a Bachelors in Accounting, then maybe you wont be as funny to people who have them. 

Just now, FryingDoom said:

That depends on if your profits (remember that word?) were re-directed into your business or not.

No...it does not.

Your business is a sperate entity from YOUR finances as an investor.

We're done here. Anyone reading this can draw their conclusions.

Just now, Mordgier said:

No...it does not.

That one I am just copying so you don't delete it.

3 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

No...it does not.

Ok on a serious not and not making fun of you. Please ensure that you contact a financial advisor before you make any major financial decisions.

On 10/11/2020 at 3:36 AM, Vifrevaert said:

Many thanks to NQ for backing us up on the official Discord server by advising the victim that they won't intervene with RDMS theft.

Screengrabs of the loot available here - https://imgur.com/a/2kyi1UN

Well given the parallels that are being used in relation to EvE Online. The Next logical question is do NQ like CCP games did, class the forums as part of the game or as a normal forum?

1 minute ago, Orangeferret said:

No.

No it does not.

No it doesn't even remotely mean that.

Actually a profit is technically your revenue minus your expenses. The choice to re-invest funds into a business (Retained Earnings) is the investment of that profit back into a business. This then increases the owners equity. Retained Earnings is a choice by the owner/board.

4 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Actually a profit is technically your revenue minus your expenses.

Yes.

The choice to re-invest funds into a business (Retained Earnings) is the investment of that profit back into a business.

Ok.

Actually a profit is technically your revenue minus your expenses. The choice to re-invest funds into a business (Retained Earnings) is the investment of that profit back into a business. This then increases the owners equity. Retained Earnings is a choice by the owner/board.

Ok.

Profit is not dependent on your next two statements.

2 minutes ago, Orangeferret said:

Yes.

Ok.

Ok.

Profit is not dependent on your next two statements.

My next statements were in relation to profit based on the sale of a business and as to whether that business had increased owners equity by the use of Retained earnings or not. I believe that is the statements you are referring too. Honestly I had a good laugh, so if that wasn't my next two statements, oh well. anyway back to the topic. 

On 10/12/2020 at 3:17 AM, FryingDoom said:

This is why PvP is normally classed as actions that would be illegal. 

I can't even...
just... What?

That is perhaps the worst definition of PVP I've ever read.

In fact, all the definitions you've mentioned in this thread... including value and profit have been rather... curious.

10 hours ago, GraXXoR said:

I can't even...
just... What?

That is perhaps the worst definition of PVP I've ever read.

In fact, all the definitions you've mentioned in this thread... including value and profit have been rather... curious.

My apologies if you live in a part of Tokyo where shooting people and stealing are strangely not illegal actions.