Org theft carried out today - 22,500 KL , 70 Ktons - nearly 200 Large containers worth

Vifrevaert

1 minute ago, FryingDoom said:

So what you are saying is that they lied about non-PvP areas then.

Must admit if they are just making EvE Online Part 2, it really makes the game complete crap and not worth playing. As EvE online Numbers show no one wants to play that crap any more and before you say something stupid read CCP Games financials. 

These financials? 

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-02-23-mine-asteroids-build-space-stations-this-is-the-purpose-of-life

https://massivelyop.com/2020/05/06/ccp-intensifies-fight-against-covid-19-hopes-eve-online-will-outlive-us-all/

https://nosygamer.blogspot.com/2020/08/pearl-abyss-q2-2020-earnings-call.html

Yeah dude - nobody.

Just now, Elrood said:

WoW? Nope, it can happen. Albion? Nope, it can happen. Lineage? Sure it can happen. Here is said truth - if you ever thought it couldn't happen in MMO game - you were either deceived or ignorant. I don't know any game where guild leader allowed access to guild bunk and yet theft could not happen. Even all PvE games I know haven't dealt with it. Please enlighten me which game dealt with it and have any form of guild bank or storage.

This is not pvp. This is stealing. There is no fighting involved. You are safe if you are not stupid or too trusting. If we are going to unleash consequences for this, i'm waiting for the moment we start banning "unfair" trades. 

The ONLY reason any game i listed would start dealing with it if this would involve exploits. But that is different story. 

So its not PvP. So its not Player vs Player?

Really.

Just now, FryingDoom said:

Ok so you don't even know what a companies financials are. Well that explains a lot.

Post your sources. Go on. Post them. Show me how EVE is dying....it's been dying since day 1 according to the likes of you.

1 minute ago, Elrood said:

So if i manage to sell you stuff worth 10 h for 1000h is that PvP too? How far are you going to run with this term? 
I'm still waiting for a game which dealt with it. 

Undercutting my sales order is also pvp. How dare you list your warcells cheaper than mine!?

4 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Undercutting my sales order is also pvp. How dare you list your warcells cheaper than mine!?

Actually I cannot say that I have ever considered a normal function of society as PvP. If you look at the basic economic reality, drinking a glass of water is PvP as you are preventing another from drinking that same water.

This is why PvP is normally classed as actions that would be illegal. Making non-PvP areas lawful areas by definition as EvE online used to class Hi-Sec until they altered it to keep the Null Sec pirates happy. 

So either a Sanctuary moon is a place of lawful encounters or it is not. If its not then it is a PvP area and there are no sanctuary moons or non-pvp areas.

23 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

So what you are saying is that they lied about non-PvP areas then.

Must admit if they are just making EvE Online Part 2, it really makes the game complete crap and not worth playing. As EvE online Numbers show no one wants to play that crap any more and before you say something stupid read CCP Games financials. 

No I am saying you have a 'unique' interpretation of it.

Just now, Mordgier said:

The stock market is literally pvp.....

If you include all acts societies consider legal, so is mining, using a TCU etc.. Which is why PvP is normally considered and illegal act by the society it is in in a computer game or an act or War like in WoW. Stock markets are just a part of daily life. So as I said Sanctuary moons are either places for legal activity or they aren't. If you can PvP on a sanctuary moon then it is a PvP area.

5 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Also if you love EvE so much go back and stay there.

Nah - I like this fresh new game which JC is very much basing on EVE based on his own statements.

Why you came to a game that the creative director is basing on EVE is the real mystery.

42 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Also if you love EvE so much go back and stay there.

If you love Minecraft so much go back and stay there.

Like what's the point of a single shard sandbox MMO if all you want is safely build your stuff and nothing else? Could do that on private servers. The game gives you all the tools to minimize theft risk. You can choose to be lazy, or set your RDMS properly, or not share your stuff; a perfectly meaningful risk/reward balance.

Insofar as game mechanics is concerned, "PvP" is defined as using weapons to shoot another player. That's it. This point of view is at least partially supported by the website's own information regarding PvP, and that's being conservative.  Scamming, theft, corporate espionage, competing for resources, and undercutting people in the market are not "PvP" in the mechanical sense, even if there are competitive elements to them. As such, the safe-zone is "safe" in the same sense that a kitchen stove is: it's not designed to hurt you, but you can still burn your hand on it if you don't know what you're doing.

1) The amount of salt in this thread is beautiful. /slow clap

2) EvE is a 17 year old MMO that still has 10-30k concurrent players at any given time. It is in no way, shape or form dead or dying.

3) If you screw up permissions for your guild bank in WoW, Blizzard does NOT replace your guild bank contents. Period. It doesn't matter if you're on a pvp or pve realm. Permissions are the sole responsibility of the guildmaster and if you screw it up, you're SOL.

4) If you're so risk averse that you're trying to redefine PVP as "Anything another player does to me that I don't consent to fully" you should probably go play another game. Maybe single player Minecraft as others have suggested.

29 minutes ago, Kazuros said:

1) The amount of salt in this thread is beautiful. /slow clap

2) EvE is a 17 year old MMO that still has 10-30k concurrent players at any given time. It is in no way, shape or form dead or dying.

3) If you screw up permissions for your guild bank in WoW, Blizzard does NOT replace your guild bank contents. Period. It doesn't matter if you're on a pvp or pve realm. Permissions are the sole responsibility of the guildmaster and if you screw it up, you're SOL.

4) If you're so risk averse that you're trying to redefine PVP as "Anything another player does to me that I don't consent to fully" you should probably go play another game. Maybe single player Minecraft as others have suggested.

On number 2. That is accounts not players. The average player has 2 or more accounts so its about 10k players. 

3 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

On number 2. That is accounts not players. The average player has 2 or more accounts so its about 10k players. 

Who cares? You implied that EVE was losing money - it's not. You then said that my sources were bad and never posted evidence to the contrary.  Now you are moving goal posts about player numbers vs profitability.

1 minute ago, Mordgier said:

Who cares? You implied that EVE was losing money - it's not. You then said that my sources were bad and never posted evidence to the contrary.  Now you are moving goal posts about player numbers vs profitability.

Actually it was sold 2 years ago, the whole of CCP games being sold for $425 million. It is now owned by Pearl abyss. CCP games still has a staff of 250 people and a revenue in Q1 2020 of approximately USD$12,449,342. There is no breakdown of the expenses specifically for EvE. EvE China was re-launched in China in April. 

17 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

Also I did not say that EvE was not profitable. However it has not been overly profitable for years which is why CCP kept making diferent games and made EvE online free. Now the number of concurrent players means nothing. 

Just now, FryingDoom said:

Also I did not say that EvE was not profitable. However it has not been overly profitable for years which is why CCP kept making diferent games and made EvE online free. Now the number of concurrent players means nothing. 

Yes, it means nothing. Much like this tangent that has no meaningful relationship to the conversation.

18 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

Actually it was sold 2 years ago, the whole of CCP games being sold for $425 million. It is now owned by Pearl abyss. CCP games still has a staff of 250 people and a revenue in Q1 2020 of approximately USD$12,449,342. There is no breakdown of the expenses specifically for EvE. EvE China was re-launched in China in April. 

Not overly profitable and sold for $425 million? OK buddy....

17 minutes ago, FryingDoom said:

So you don't know what the word profit means. 

What? What are you talking about?....you think a failing company is worth $425 million?  How do you imagine valuation for such purchases are performed? Hint - Profitability.

6 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

What? What are you talking about?....you think a failing company is worth $425 million?  How do you imagine valuation for such purchases are performed? Hint - Profitability.

And again you show you have no idea what profit means. I really hope you are some teenager.