Org theft carried out today - 22,500 KL , 70 Ktons - nearly 200 Large containers worth

Vifrevaert

42 minutes ago, Vifrevaert said:

Many thanks to NQ for backing us up on the official Discord server by advising the victim that they won't intervene with RDMS theft.

Screengrabs of the loot available here - https://imgur.com/a/2kyi1UN

There is active and known RMDS exploits which will allow access to containers. Also, by posting this information you pretty much indicate you also used the linked container exploit as this amount of material is near impossible to simply lift off of a planet.. But thanks for the evidence which I have saved and will keep in case it is needed

It was only a matter of time before the exploiters in the game would come out as NQ pretty much wrote them a blank check.

you are part of the problem here, never forget that.

1 minute ago, blazemonger said:

... pretty much indicate you also used the linked container exploit as this amount of material is near impossible to simply lift off of a planet.

Why lift off the planet?

You just need to dump it into a tile or construct that is not org shared.

You steal core, place core and make it not shared, dump containers on core, put loot in containers, you won.

This isn't eve where to steal you had to also get your loot OUT of 0.0 space to really succeed.

I'd say the party that got stolen from should publish a map showing claimed tiles surrounding them.

The RDMS system is also very weak with a number of known exploits which are actively being used as well as some very funky loopholes NQ is completely silent about which can cause one to expect a certain behavior but see another.

NQ knows of this but has yet to actually fix any of this and/or provide clear and open guidance ..

19 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

There is active and known RMDS exploits which will allow access to containers. Also, by posting this information you pretty much indicate you also used the linked container exploit as this amount of material is near impossible to simply lift off of a planet.. But hanks for the evidence which I have saved and will keep in case it is needed

It was only a matter of time before the exploiters in the game would come out as NQ pretty much wrote them a blank check.

you are part of the problem here, never forget that.

No RDMS exploit used I had full rights to containers and industry machines - they just hadnt set it up!

I'm unsure what you mean by linked container exploit? I have 2km link container range, I spent a couple of days gathering up 100 odd L containers and burying them underground within link range of the factory on a tile I had claimed in my own name.

After a couple of days of observing login and log out times of the org, alarms were set to get us all up at 7am BST.

I was linked to one container hub of 10 L, as I filled up the hub, org mates moved the contents out into the other stacks of 10 containers and deployed more containers as needed.

I dont understand what about using your link range is an exploit?

6 minutes ago, Orangeferret said:

Why? NDS can investigate on their own. This isn't vigilante justice. You're not owed anything.

If the victim of the theft is willing to demand public justice, I am all for it. That is after all how some eve wars start but its kind of pointless in a game that is effectively pve at this point. 

The loot is gone and there is no retaliation possible. 

if no rights are set up you would not have access unless you are the owner of the construct.

If the owner set the construct public then it's just sad you choose this option but it is what NQ allows. (and it will come back to bite them as it is in part their badly set up mechanic that drives this and it will make people leave and give the game a bad rep).

With known exploits in game to allow this even if you have no rights at all, I reserve the right to assume that is what happened

Unfortunately you can simply change your in game name and no one will know it was you.. I really hope NQ removes that option soon and I do hope NQ implements API options where we can verify applicants to orgs EVE style. If they tolerate this behavior they will need to provide ways to separate the good from the bad.

meanwhile you are on my and our "do not trust .. ever" list.

Damn dude, I'll take that fuel and scrap off your hands if you want to drop it off on alioth.  :o

Also, @blazemonger, probably not going to work without their in-game name. Forum accounts don't link to the DU discord so you'll need this person to willingly spill the beans on their ign for this to be effective. I would like an api though.

Throw it up in the suggestions board!

6 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

if no rights are set up you would not have access unless you are the owner of the construct.

If the owner set the construct public then it's just sad you choose this option but it is what NQ allows. (and it will come back to bite them as it is in part their badly set up mechanic that drives this and it will make people leave and give the game a bad rep).

With known exploits in game to allow this even if you have no rights at all, I reserve the right to assume that is what happened

Unfortunately you can simply change your in game name and no one will know it was you.. I really hope NQ removes that option soon and I do hope NQ implements API options where we can verify applicants to orgs EVE style. If they tolerate this behavior they will need to provide ways to separate the good from the bad.

meanwhile you are on my and our "do not trust .. ever" list.

I was a member of the Org that was set up as a subdivision to run this factory, you get that it wasnt a random target?

Also I sent you a PM about a week ago about the streamdeck in game, are you still using it?

I do have one yes but mostly use it for a handful of shortcuts.. no separate profile..

So you consider this corporate theft and basically abused the trust that was given.. Fair enough I guess but still personally find this behavior abhorrent, especially at this stage . But you be you.. at least the rest of us know what you are made of in game now.

1 minute ago, DarkHorizon said:

@blazemonger I looked through it all and there are some names, but what about the person that took the screenshots outside the inventory?:huh:

LOL 

Dude probably still has an alt in the corp he stole from and is soaking up the drama for more lulz. Amazing. 

9 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

I do have one yes but mostly use it for a handful of shortcuts.. no separate profile..

So you consider this corporate theft and basically abused the trust that was given.. Fair enough I guess but still personally find this behavior abhorrent, especially at this stage . But you be you.. at least the rest of us know what you are made of in game now.

Ah got you, as I started to use the streamdeck I realised its a very personal thing anyway.

And yes I do, it's what I was tasked with by my Org, Vif is just an alt in an alt corp - it was a solid 2 weeks of work I put in

Quite sad that after the report 3 weeks ago about the org that lost several ships, materials and industry to a spy, some big org leaders still haven't put into their heads that they need to restrict access. 

Trust is gained with actions, not with time or friendly talk. 

The robbers: pure pirates. But 100% legal. And its not griefing as they are not continually after the same target our using any exploit. But should face some ingame social consequences. 

The victims:, 99% responsible for what happened. Specially the leader of the org. Blame him has he failed to act and prevent this. A org capable of so many KL is not made out of noobs. So lack of information is not to blame. 

NQ: 1% responsible. As the RDMS is still kind of hard to undertand and lacks a lot of functionality. 

RDMS is way more complex than it needs to be. Also you should never let programmers design a system or write a manual. They just need to write what someone understanding designing such a system asks them to write. There's too much of devs doing design/UX/UI stuff in DU going on.

It definitely sucks that stuff like this can happen already, without the PVP in place to retaliate.  I'm not a fan of that.

But as far as NQ's involvement.  If the person who was stolen from, intended to give access to the resources, even if they didn't intend for them to be stolen, then there's nothing to be done.

If there was some kind of RDMS glitch involved, then i hope NQ steps in.

It would be crazy to expect NQ to do some kind of investigation every time this happens.  But since it's still Beta and there are certainly a few issues with RDMS, maybe they will.

8 hours ago, Vifrevaert said:

No RDMS exploit used I had full rights to containers and industry machines - they just hadnt set it up!

I'm unsure what you mean by linked container exploit? I have 2km link container range, I spent a couple of days gathering up 100 odd L containers and burying them underground within link range of the factory on a tile I had claimed in my own name.

After a couple of days of observing login and log out times of the org, alarms were set to get us all up at 7am BST.

I was linked to one container hub of 10 L, as I filled up the hub, org mates moved the contents out into the other stacks of 10 containers and deployed more containers as needed.

I dont understand what about using your link range is an exploit?

I have to say FAIR PLAY for coming on here and giving your side of the story.  100% NQ should not get involved here if this is clearly just a case of org theft.  Sorry but the only people who should have access to that level of goods is people you TRUST.  Giving someone rights to your org bank is major shit, you gave it to the wrong person.  Sorry dood, I feel your pain.  100% that 'pvp should be in the game' but it isnt, and we all know that.  Secure your shit!

46 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

It definitely sucks that stuff like this can happen already, without the PVP in place to retaliate.  I'm not a fan of that.

But they knew there was no pvp and they can do nothing to retaliate, sorry that is not an excuse here.  This game has extensive RDMS and whilst it might have hole, that is not the problem here.