PvP is Broken aka Pay to Win

BaconofWar

2 minutes ago, HangerHangar said:

It’s really not pay to win.  And I honestly came here ready to support, since the “chair” design is stupid as hell.

Right now piloting plays like a bad X4/Elite game, without the ability to shoot.  While gunning plays like a bad EVE game, without the ability to pilot.   The devs really need to get some inspiration from other crew based games (IE: Captain Sonar), or actual military ops.  

Basically in the game’s current implementation of “chairs” the features of different chairs are so under implemented that it really does feel like an “you should buy more alts type deal”.   Especially considering as more features like shields and EWAR are added, they’ll likely all need their own chair types.  Ultimately to duplicate even a newbie tackle frigate in EVE (shields, ewar, some guns, and some sort of engineering overheating ability), we'll be stuck with 4-6 person crews (the same type of mechanics other games toss newbies at)

I'm going to laugh myself to death if sheilds come with a shield engineer chair where some poor guy has to sit in to make shields work and play some cheesy minigame.....

Rules that are physically impossible to enforce are absolutely pointless. You can debate all day about what the rules are. It doesn't matter if it's literally impossible to enforce. 

When was the last time you paid use tax? It's the law. No one does it because it can't be enforced. What about one of those sodomy laws still on the books in some places? Still the law. It will likely remain the law because no one will get arrested on those charges. Enforcement isn't practical.

You can't enforce a ban on playing the game on two boxes on two accounts. Simple. 

Maybe focus on why playing the game on two boxes / accounts is so wrong vs. appealing to the "rule of law" like one of those lawful good paladins that can't see beyond "rules for the sake of rules" :D 

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

FFS.... its a 1h and 32m video...
You have any idea if its near the start or the end?

And can we agree that this is not the way to clear official doubts?
If some official forum statement is confusing, fix it. Don't go clear it out in the middle of a 1:32 video.....

1:21 - it should be spooled up in that link to that point.

I do agree that clarity of communication has not been NQs strong suit - not even remotely - not just in this case but pretty much everything

13 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

I'm going to laugh myself to death if sheilds come with a shield engineer chair where some poor guy has to sit in to make shields work and play some cheesy minigame.....

I could see it as possible if they do a serious implementation.  Especially if there are mechanics were you can move shields around to increase effectiveness, along with tuning them for different damage sizes or types.  Or if shields lower efficiency of your own gun damage.

Ships are just in an awkward spot right now where features one person normally  controls are controlled by two.   While on the other hand the only features that different stations actually have are really really simple like “thrust percent”, instead of letting the pilot do things like start space engines early (leaving atmosphere) at the cost of some damage.

6 minutes ago, toziop said:

Maybe they are waiting for the results of the surveys.... so far I see over 1000 for asteroid mining ect and 350 for enhanced pvp and only 150 or so supported territory pvp

It's not a case of 'supported' it's a case of priorities.

I didn't vote for Territory PvP because I do not believe to be a higher priority. I want asteroid mining first.

13 minutes ago, toziop said:

Maybe they are waiting for the results of the surveys.... so far I see over 1000 for asteroid mining ect and 350 for enhanced pvp and only 150 or so supported territory pvp

This survey is crap, I can sit there and literally vote infinitely until my finger falls off. If they really wanted an impartial Vote system, they should have made it so you couldn’t vote if you didn’t have a verifiable game account and the voting should have to limited to one vote per account.

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Who are you and what have you done to Mordgier???

Seriously though, they need to get lots of other features sorted first.

I really hate how they worded territory pvp item as well.

"- Final safe-zone definition" is listed as a line item for it - I hate that. It should be defined already.

Asteroid mining is needed because frankly the mole man mechanic is tiresome and is burning people out.

Energy managment needs to come before territory pvp.

pvp rebalancing should come as part of that

Then all the voxel tools and graphics

Then avatar pvp AND atmo pvp

Then once all that crap is working and balanced, you can turn on territory warfare.

PvP needs to be well balanced and thought out before it become a major part of the game and it's going to be a major task - lots of other things can and should be done first.

8 minutes ago, Iorail said:

This survey is crap, I can sit there and literally vote infinitely until my finger falls off. If they really wanted an impartial Vote system, they should have made it so you couldn’t vote if you didn’t have a verifiable game account and the voting should have to limited to one vote per account.

Damn, just figured that out.
I can just open a incognito tab on the browser and vote again.................

They do track the email of registered ppl. so it is possible to filter out actual players. But knowing NQ as i do, they probably never thought about it yet.
But i would say that having a proper tool for feedback is much better then just watching discord fights on general.

PS: The tool also needs a "DownVote" button

How were you able to vote more than once? After I voted for an item. The button disappears. And if it was my game after seeing these #s I would think again about what they wAnt the game to be.  Do they want an eve sized base 15 to 20 k. Or. Millions......

12 minutes ago, Elrood said:

The closest this game come to p2w is with multiple alts with multiple talent branches leveling at the same time. But multiboxing? Rotfl. 

Have you watched coffee forever? He has killed many players just him and his alt...he’s a streamer fyi

Just reread the rules and discovered something of note.. some players were saying the rules I was posting were only aimed at the anti cheat.   Well read again folks 

• Playing at the same time with two or more accounts is forbidden (having several accounts is fine as long as you only play with only one at a time).
  • Helping someone, or driving someone, to do forbidden actions is obviously forbidden too.
  • Discovering or knowing an issue, bug, or exploit and benefiting from it instead of reporting it to Novaquark is forbidden.
  • Sharing accounts between different people is forbidden. Any action performed on your account is the responsibility of its owner. The Customer Support team won’t be able to help regarding any issues happening due to account sharing. The owner isresponsible for any action made with the account.
  • Trying to degrade the game performances of other players for any reason is forbidden.
  • this last part especially maybe it was added recently 

3 minutes ago, toziop said:

Just reread the rules and discovered something of note.. some players were saying the rules I was posting were only aimed at the anti cheat.   Well read again folks 

• Playing at the same time with two or more accounts is forbidden (having several accounts is fine as long as you only play with only one at a time).
  • Helping someone, or driving someone, to do forbidden actions is obviously forbidden too.
  • Discovering or knowing an issue, bug, or exploit and benefiting from it instead of reporting it to Novaquark is forbidden.
  • Sharing accounts between different people is forbidden. Any action performed on your account is the responsibility of its owner. The Customer Support team won’t be able to help regarding any issues happening due to account sharing. The owner isresponsible for any action made with the account.
  • Trying to degrade the game performances of other players for any reason is forbidden.

padAhge.gif

LOL, what? Multi-boxing is P2W?? It may be forbidden, but that doesn't make it P2W.

P2W means "Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

1 hour ago, toziop said:

How were you able to vote more than once? After I voted for an item. The button disappears. And if it was my game after seeing these #s I would think again about what they wAnt the game to be.  Do they want an eve sized base 15 to 20 k. Or. Millions......

I never actually voted once I realized it could be manipulated to whatever people want, also what jao said, open an incognito browser.

1 hour ago, toziop said:

Can you link this? 

Also, what is your opinion of JC saying the opposite in the linked video? 

9 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

Can you link this? 

Also, what is your opinion of JC saying the opposite in the linked video? 

It's from this - and it's explicitly on what EQU8 allows and does not allow....which is why JC specifically talks about the limitations of EQU8 in the livestream and why it's physical vs just running extra clients or virtual machines...

3 hours ago, HairballHacker said:

LOL, what? Multi-boxing is P2W?? It may be forbidden, but that doesn't make it P2W.

It's not P2W as you rightly point out,  it's also not disallowed. The post around EQU8 was written in the usual NQ-esque vagueness ;)

Running multiple clients on different machines (one per machine) is perfectly fine.

5 hours ago, toziop said:

Brah you can't trust these rules i have documented proof of several nq  high ranking officers in service to Lord JC himself saying we can multibox. Stop spreading lies and deception.

11 hours ago, Iorail said:

This was already clarified, multiboxing is not allowed but playing 2+ accounts in different computers from the same IP is allow...

If this is official NQ, it's even more fscked than I thought.  This is completely unenforceable without a FOIP enabled camera also running under EQU8.

Without access to a camera in the house, how will JC know if someone's daughter/wife/gf/partner is actually playing or if the dad hasn't stood up, walked over to her computer and taken control...?

ludicrous. There is no way to prove someone is or isn't multiboxing, let alone enforce it.

but yeah, running two instances on the same computer, if EQU8 or whatever it's called can't handle it then that should be verboten.