PvP is Broken aka Pay to Win

BaconofWar

1 minute ago, toziop said:

Why not say in the game description that 2 accounts will be needed for solo pvp play.

What nonsense is this? 

3 minutes ago, toziop said:

Or maybe make it possible to put any guns on a ship that will fit it? 

Uhh...so like...uhh...that's uhh....well...uhh...literally how it works?

35 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

@blazemonger Said in another topic that playing in different computers has been cleared as allowed. But I would love for @NQ-Naerais to clear if this restriction also applies to different computers.

The article you quote is about EQU8 and what it does or does not allow. JC has repeatedly now been very clear that it is absolutely fine to run two clients on different computers at the same time. The only reservation he made was that  NQ may look at PVP situations in more detail but other than that, there is no problem. I'd suggest you find the interview with Markeedragon on YouTube as that is where he answers the question.

32 minutes ago, Iorail said:

Do you know what multiboxing is? Playing on 2 different computers, with 2 different accounts by 2 different people on the same IP is not multiboxing......

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-boxing

Multiboxing or dual boxing is when one person runs multiple instances of the game in the same or in different computers.

It will be impossible for JC/NQ to regulate this either way, as families play together on the same IP, college dorm students share the same IP, Internet cafes share the same IP, do you understand now?

Of course I played eve since 2003.....do you understand that it’s against the rules as they are stated now. And most players will be abiding by those rules. Why do you think you shouldn’t have to follow them? You think you are above the rules? Or you want an advantage over the players who follow the rules?

90% of player or higher don’t watch streamers. And are simply going by game rules as stated. And I don’t think the ceo expects them to do so for game rule

so your saying you won’t play 2 accounts on 2 computers.   Because that is multi boxing? Your argument contradicts itself...no one has a problem with you and your brother or dorm mate playing on separate computers.    
why are you arguing for the right to cheat? It sounds like you are saying its ok because they can’t catch us? where is your morals and ethics

49 minutes ago, Mordgier said:

What nonsense is this? 

Uhh...so like...uhh...that's uhh....well...uhh...literally how it works?

I should have said usable guns obviously you can’t link them to pilot seat...and that makes them unusable as a solo player. Only to a cheater.  

55 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

The article you quote is about EQU8 and what it does or does not allow. JC has repeatedly now been very clear that it is absolutely fine to run two clients on different computers at the same time. The only reservation he made was that  NQ may look at PVP situations in more detail but other than that, there is no problem. I'd suggest you find the interview with Markeedragon on YouTube as that is where he answers the question.

Yes no one cares if you use a second account to stand around and check market prices or whatever but once you use it to try and defeat game mechanics like as a gunner.   That’s when most games swing the ban ? ? 

1 minute ago, toziop said:

Yes no one cares if you use a second account to stand around and check market prices or whatever but once you use it to try and defeat game mechanics like as a gunner.   That’s when most games swing the ban ? ? 

Why would you use a second account to check the market? You can access market info from anywhere with J I thought.

38 minutes ago, toziop said:

Of course I played eve since 2003.....do you understand that it’s against the rules as they are stated now. And most players will be abiding by those rules. Why do you think you shouldn’t have to follow them? You think you are above the rules? Or you want an advantage over the players who follow the rules?

90% of player or higher don’t watch streamers. And are simply going by game rules as stated. And I don’t think the ceo expects them to do so for game rule

so your saying you won’t play 2 accounts on 2 computers.   Because that is multi boxing? Your argument contradicts itself...no one has a problem with you and your brother or dorm mate playing on separate computers.    
why are you arguing for the right to cheat? It sounds like you are saying its ok because they can’t catch us? where is your morals and ethics

You are really trying so hard at not wanting to understand this, do you? You need to get off your high horse before you fall off it, cause I’m the last person to advocate for cheats or exploits, and I will report my own son if I ever catch him cheating.

The game anticheat prevents you from running 2 accounts on the same pc, thus not allowed by game rules.

The game company can’t deny those with multiple game accounts to run the game in different computers on the same household at the same time if they are been run by different people, this will kill family gaming together.

Its virtually impossible to report someone and get them ban for doing so, as in how do you prove it’s the same person playing different accounts at the same time.

Stop trying so hard, it’s not rocket science.

2 minutes ago, Iorail said:

You are really trying so hard at not wanting to understand this, do you? You need to get off your high horse before you fall off it, cause I’m the last person to advocate for cheats or exploits, and I will report my own son if I ever catch him cheating.

The game anticheat prevents you from running 2 accounts on the same pc, thus not allowed by game rules.

The game company can’t deny those with multiple game accounts to run the game in different computers on the same household at the same time if they are been run by different people, this will kill family gaming together.

Its virtually impossible to report someone and get them ban for doing so, as in how do you prove it’s the same person playing different accounts at the same time.

Stop trying so hard, it’s not rocket science.

Then why are you trying so hard to defend cheating if you don’t like it...rules say no and you don’t like that .90% of players will be following those rules. Why not you?  Until it’s changed in the tos that’s the rules

2 minutes ago, toziop said:

Then why are you trying so hard to defend cheating if you don’t like it...rules say no and you don’t like that .90% of players will be following those rules. Why not you?  Until it’s changed in the tos that’s the rules

Ok now I understand that you are just obviously and severely confuse and should seek professional help. You are the prime example of people reading things the way they want things to be. Doesn’t matter either way, my son, my wife, and me will continue to play together while you fester on your delusions, have fun with that.

10 minutes ago, Iorail said:

Ok now I understand that you are just obviously and severely confuse and should seek professional help. You are the prime example of people reading things the way they want things to be. Doesn’t matter either way, my son, my wife, and me will continue to play together while you fester on your delusions, have fun with that.

Me delusional?????

Playing at the same time with two or more accountsis forbidden (having several accounts isfine as long as you only play with only one at a time).

that rule is crystal clear...is English your first language?

15 minutes ago, toziop said:

Me delusional?????

Playing at the same time with two or more accountsis forbidden (having several accounts isfine as long as you only play with only one at a time).

again, that was on the context of presenting a anti-cheat program........

3 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

again, that was on the context of presenting a anti-cheat program.......

The language is pretty straightforward, and even if you try to attach it to previous bullet point about the anti cheat software, it still amounts to it being bluntly forbidden.

That won't stop anybody, but it does seem pretty clear.

18 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

The language is pretty straightforward, and even if you try to attach it to previous bullet point about the anti cheat software, it still amounts to it being bluntly forbidden.

Except it wasn't clear - which is why it was brought up to JC in the livestream where he explained that it was an EQU8 limitation rather than NQ policy....

38 minutes ago, toziop said:

Me delusional?????

Mine is but apparently yours isn’t, read it again, your own quote, pretty clear they mean one person playing multiple accounts not multiple accounts been playing by different people. Oh and I bold the parts for you, to make it easier.

19 minutes ago, Randazzo said:

all points on that list are about the functionality of the anti-cheat.

• Modifying the game files is forbidden, (except for the "Game/data/lua" folder (this is the only location where you can add or modify files).
  • Modifying the game cache is forbidden (by default it is located in the directory C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\NQ\DualUniverse\) ;
  • Reading or modifying the game memory is forbidden.
  • Disabling, modifying, or attempting to evade the anti-cheat in any way is forbidden.
  • Playing at the same time with two or more accounts is forbidden (having several accounts is fine as long as you only play with only one at a time).

Its all about the anti-cheat every single point.
It also makes no sense to allow for multiple accounts but then do not allow them to be played at the same time. And its also impossible to detect and enforce this rule with that interpertation.

To me, the wording used needs a official rectification. To clearly include "(even in separate computers)" Or "(having several accounts is fine as long as you only play with only one at a time on the same computer)"

It’s really not pay to win.  And I honestly came here ready to support, since the “chair” design is stupid as hell.

Right now piloting plays like a bad X4/Elite game, without the ability to shoot.  While gunning plays like a bad EVE game, without the ability to pilot.   The devs really need to get some inspiration from other crew based games (IE: Captain Sonar), or actual military ops.  

Basically in the game’s current implementation of “chairs” the features of different chairs are so under implemented that it really does feel like an “you should buy more alts type deal”.   Especially considering as more features like shields and EWAR are added, they’ll likely all need their own chair types.  Ultimately to duplicate even a newbie tackle frigate in EVE (shields, ewar, some guns, and some sort of engineering overheating ability), we'll be stuck with 4-6 person crews (the same type of mechanics other games toss newbies at)

2 hours ago, Mordgier said:

It's literally linked in the OP.

https://youtu.be/ai3Kk37ntgg?t=4744

FFS.... its a 1h and 32m video...
You have any idea if its near the start or the end?

And can we agree that this is not the way to clear official doubts?
If some official forum statement is confusing, fix it. Don't go clear it out in the middle of a 1:32 video.....