Not Punishing Desolation was weak and poor from NQ

WildChild85

19 minutes ago, JohnnyTazer said:

I made a post about this very thing way back in Alpha, how NQ wasn't ready for the influx of people who will do whatever.  I told them they need to define rules, so they can ban accordingly.  No surprise we are here right now.  PvP is gonna happen, and people are gonna get salty as fuck even when its "intended gameplay".  I even pointed how people would come to these forums crying when losing a ship, even in PvP zones, and cry about where they THINK safe zones should be.  NQ just needs to define rules, then fuck on anyone who breaks them.  If they dont start doing that soon its not gonna be good.

been rambling for YEARS now that they need well written EULA/TOS - and clearly state what's allowed and what's not allowed. They didn't do it back then when they had time for it and now they're presented the consequences. Can't really say I'm sorry that this happend - cause everyone and their mother knew it was coming. Except NQ lol

11 minutes ago, Lethys said:

been rambling for YEARS now that they need well written EULA/TOS - and clearly state what's allowed and what's not allowed. They didn't do it back then when they had time for it and now they're presented the consequences. Can't really say I'm sorry that this happend - cause everyone and their mother knew it was coming. Except NQ lol

Which is laughably bad since eve has been quoted as an inspiration for DU....like look.  You have almost 2 decades to look at.  

1 hour ago, Moosegun said:

and if that is the case I would kick them so far out of the game they would leave its atmosphere.........

NQ will never touch them, it’s no secret either, I have been trying to tell people for the longest time......has anyone looked on who is the leadership of this org? That is the real question that people avoid. Alts will kill this game, mark my words and remember this in the near future.

12 minutes ago, Noddles said:

I think he has some big conspiracy that the top orgs are run by NQ or some shit.

Part of me wishes there was a big community focused org that was driven by NQ at this stage, something focused on linking up all the dots, giving small / solos a way to find the career paths that are out there. Almost like a not for profit organisation, purely focus on helping create the platform of civilisation.

32 minutes ago, Noddles said:

I think he has some big conspiracy that the top orgs are run by NQ or some shit.

That is the sense that people get though when NQ seems to communicate more to streamers and orgs than community as a whole.

I have asked NQ to host reddit AMAs quarterly or anything else to directly involve the whole community rather than a tiny subset via a streamer - but heard nothing back.

13 hours ago, Moosegun said:

It wasnt a rule, as soon as it became a rule it is an exploit and you should be banned for doing it.  I have no issue with it as gameplay but other players and NQ do, I accept that 100%.  That doesnt change my opinion that I would have it in the game.  Are you just trying to have to start and argument or being obtuse?  Anyone how knows me on this forums, knows my stance on exploits, I have reported many.  This is simple a difference of opinion, stop trying to imply it is something that is isnt.  Stand down mate.

You have made three posts on this forum, not seen the other one but not impressed so far.

Apologies for any offence, but your stance sounded confused / internally inconsistent. I like clarity and this game is full of wolves pretending to be sheep. You should meet Gliderion. I made 2 posts, both were edited, one was just a typo, I added extra words into the other. Maybe the forum counted that as 2 separate posts each time? Your opinions about this topic I find interesting. Your opinions about me are irrelevant. Please don't trip up over that inflated ego. 

For me this is pretty simple. The RDMS allows construct owners to consent to other people having access via rights. It should be obvious to anyone that you should not have any rights to any construct, unless you built the construct, were explicitly given rights via RDMS by the owner or acquired rights by fixing an ownerless construct. 'Maneuver construct' is a right. I'm honestly surprised that anyone could argue that 'not knowing' it was an exploit is anything other than willful ignorance. Ignorance is not a defence against conviction in any criminal court. I can't comment on Desolation, as I have no contact with them, and have not been a victim of this exploit (so am unbiased). I do hope they followed the EULA on discovering the bug and reported it. I too would like to see actual figures on how many players were affected by this and whether they were compensated. I'd also like to see which players exploited this bug and how many times over what period. Until there is access to Alt links there can be no 'in game justice' for in game actions. I find it odd that other people don't want to apply justice retroactively, but also want to retroactively acquire rights to tidy up the territory they buy. IMHO, you buy territory with a ship on it, you should be stuck with the ship (like buying a house with bad wiring), you buy a territory and someone crashes their ship, that's a different story then you should be able to move them off your land, to closest unclaimed territory. What next? "Hey NQ, I bought some land, and someone had dug holes in it, can you put some ore back in those holes??".

My real concern here is that this game is not full pvp, but some people don't seem to understand PvP by consent. Game elements in an MMO are either PvP, PvE or meta (like this forum). If you're not stealing from NPCs, then newsflash, that is a player you're "versus". If that player was in a non-pvp zone, then how can you not realise that you have violated their consent regarding how they play this game? There are already ways in place to steal ships in pvp zones, go ahead, do that. I don't think you really need the ability to steal any ship universally, anywhere in the game.

This game is still very far from a full release. RDMS is not 100% stable. I've deployed territory and been told I have no rights to it. I'm curious if the opposite is true (RDMS assigning open and universal rights with no player writing any policy). I'm curious what bugs will come in when static constructs become valid targets for weapons and damage. I'm honestly curious how people will react if Desolation argues that it didn't know, because it had not been explicitly told 'no' that propelling 2,000Kt of mass through a construct on Sanctuary and then fixing the wrecked core to claim ownership of it could possibly be a bug. Rather than trying to mass exploit bugs to gain "advantage" players at this stage should be focused on reporting when the game is not working as intended. Exploiting this bug, as others have said, is not an accident, it is very deliberate.

As an aside, I'm also very concerned that many of the arguments used to say why Desolation should not be at the very least be reprimanded in public by NQ for the alleged deliberate and repeated abuse of mechanics in non-pvp areas of the game are the same arguments used by rape apologists. "I didn't know", "they didn't explicitly say no", "I'd got away with it for two weeks already", "it's the victim's fault for letting me get away with it". If anyone reading this honestly believes any of those arguments, please get professional help, as soon as you can. :) 

6 hours ago, Noddles said:

I don’t have any conspiracies at all, it’s a fact that there are “favorites” of NQ that get special info that no one else gets. But on this case specially, something bigger is happening that most are oblivious to it. I bet you anything that this time around they won’t get punish either, and yes, they still abusing exploits and still taking player’s ships out of the safe zone using a new exploit, including the markets. But hey, don’t take my word for it, just wait and see for yourself.