Selection Based Tools: Allow arrow/pgup/dn keys

Frigidman

(unless there actually is a way to do this, and I'm missing it...)

Would love to have the ability to use the arrow keys, and page up/dn when making 'selections' with selection based tools. Many times, I just need that selection box to go 1 wider in a direction, or I overshot, and want to shrink a side (without having to hit esc and start all over).

• Clicking mouse on voxels still works the same way as it does now.
  • Using ctrl-mousewheel still expands the entire selection 1 voxel bigger as it does now.

However then add the following action abilities:

• While holding ctrl:
    • Allow arrows to push the sides outward each key press (one side per arrow key).
    • Allow pageup to push top side upward each key press.
    • Allow pagedn to push bottom side downward each key press.
  • Holding shift, pulls a side inwards with respective key press above.
  • NOT holding ctrl or shift, moves the entire selection in the direction of the key press (does not change selection size).

This would allow more control over making selections (yellow bounding boxes) with the various tools that work start with selections.

• 7 months later...

I'd like to expand on that and say that if you're holding alt (or maybe shift), the selection tool becomes a Deselection tool.

Example:

* I over-shot by 1+ voxels

* I hold shift and click where I want the selection to reduce to (so the voxel I clicked on is will not be selected and will shrink the over-all selection box to that point on those sides like it does when you're selecting a voxel)

Edit: As Taelessael mentioned, this would be an affect for multiple tools using the same selection techniques (selection, replace, etc).

Edited by SiLeNCeD
clarification

Assuming you are talking about the Select Voxel and Replace Voxel building tools and not just the stuff for placing and deleting new things with the Deploy Voxel tool (which the arrow/page up & down keys can move and holding shift for these can stretch and shrink). This would be helpful, although until it is added I might advise making use of the fact that you don't need to click just on voxel for these tools to work (a pack full of spare xs adjustors or fuel intakes make for a relatively easy way to help highlight where you'd like to highlight).